Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The most apocalyptic sky, video

seeder

"This is quite possibly the most apocalyptic sky we have ever seen"

A few days ago, Jason Asselin of upper Michigan looked up at the sky and saw THIS. Thankfully, he had his camera.

Though it looks like the world is coming to an end, it's not a catastrophic atmospheric collapse, nor even an indication of severe weather for that matter. They're called mammatus clouds, and they form when air sinks, unlike other clouds that form due to rising air. This causes pouches of condensation to form, which is what gives these cloud a kind of bubbly and bumpy appearance.

story:

http://io9.com/this-...-have-921299210

Vid

[media=]

[/media]

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

scary, but beautiful, just like my wife

• Like 2

As an avid cloud-watcher, I've seen photos of these clouds before, though I've never seen them in person. They look awesome.Thanks for the video!

• Like 1

As an avid cloud-watcher, I've seen photos of these clouds before, though I've never seen them in person. They look awesome.Thanks for the video!

Just for you then here are some more!!

Mammatus Clouds

truley amazing, wish i could experience one in real life

Thanks for the extra videos. One thing I like about clouds is that they float in great innocent beauty and majesty above all the turmoil of human conflict and foolishness in a kind of aloof but benign purity and even wisdom. In a sense, Buddha-like.

They sometime play their own violent games among themselves that may have repercussions for us stuck poorly down on the ground, but that's just unintended collateral damage. We should be more wise than to be in the way of their noble sport.

I ramble on here, but one can learn a lot from watching clouds.

Edited by StarMountainKid
  • Like 1