Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CIA Agent "NEVER watch television"!

david icke is right

Watching youtube is the same as watching T.V..

agreed

Screw that. Second half of Breaking Bad starts on the 11th.

i have been overlooking that show in netflix all the time, is it any good?

i have been overlooking that show in netflix all the time, is it any good?

Best show you will ever watch.

Edit to add: EVER!

Edited by Sweetpumper
  • Like 1

Watching youtube is the same as watching T.V..

How? It's sounds nice what you said but makes no sense.

I got told about 'The soprano's" What a load of crap that is.

I never got the Sopranos.

If you start watching Breaking Bad, you won't stop. We watched the first half of the last season again this weekend. All eight episodes to prepare for the last eight.

Edited by Sweetpumper

Your Brain Waves Change When You Watch TV -Low Alpha Waves Can Lead to "Mind Fog"

If you experience "mind fog" after watching television, you are not alone. Studies have shown that watching television induces low alpha waves in the human brain. Alpha waves are brainwaves between 8 to 12 HZ. and are commonly associated with relaxed meditative states as well as brain states associated with suggestibility.

While Alpha waves achieved through meditation are beneficial (they promote relaxation and insight), too much time spent in the low Alpha wave state caused by TV can cause unfocussed daydreaming and inability to concentrate. Researchers have said that watching television is similar to staring at a blank wall for several hours..

I enjoy watching television on occasion, and this article is not meant to suggest that people should never watch TV. However, it is only fair that people understand what happens to the brain each time it is exposed to television.

In an experiment in 1969, Herbert Krugman monitored a person through many trials and found that in less than one minute of television viewing, the person's brainwaves switched from Beta waves-- brainwaves associated with active, logical thought-- to primarily Alpha waves. When the subject stopped watching television and began reading a magazine, the brainwaves reverted to Beta waves.

One thing this indicates is that most parts of the brain, parts responsible for logical thought, tune out during television viewing. The impact of television viewing on one person's brain state is obviously not enough to conclude that the same consequences apply to everyone; however, research involving many others, completed in the years following Krugman's experiment, has repeatedly shown that watching television produces brainwaves in the low Alpha range

Link: http://m.voices.yaho...pha-349221.html

The human brain works at 4 basic frequencies. These are Beta, Alpha, Theta and Delta.

Beta waves are produced when one is thinking and using one’s higher faculties and Delta is associated with sleep and/or deep trance like states. The radiant light and flicker rates of TV cause the brain to drop down to a level of activity somewhere between Alpha and Theta – essentially a sleepy dreamlike state of mind where the higher critical functions are turned off. Even if you’re reading text on a television screen the brain registers low levels of Alpha wave activity. Theta brainwaves engage inner and intuitive subconscious. You will find theta in places where you hold memories, sensations and emotions Any information therefore imbibed from the TV by-passes our logical, critically thinking sieve and goes straight into those sub areas of the mind associated with more emotive response. TV then appeals more to the emotions than the mind and of course how many of us engage in lively informed debate anymore? Very few. The more common reaction to big questions is usually an emotive response followed by a quick change in subject. TV viewing is asomatic experience which means it is “of the body, not of the mind”. I’m reminded of Huxley’s book, “Brave New World” where the drug of choice was called soma and enabled people to escape un-palatable intellectual life problems.

Link: http://www.infowars....-social-weapon/

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 3

kowaslki i love you in an awsome poster um way

so you would suggest it?

• Like 1

kowaslki i love you in an awsome poster um way

Thank you! :blush:

I do like to watch television sometimes, and so does my little boy, but I set a limit on it. The only shows I watch faithfully and never miss are Dr. Who and Duck Dynasty. Otherwise, I curl up in the evenings with a good book....

• Like 2

"That's the greatest scientific indoctrination tool ever devised."

I guess soon someone will argue there's no such thing as subliminal influence, or try to make it all seem like it was just a minor thing. I've not watched telly in five years, glad I haven't. In the internet you can at least pick what you feed for yourself instead of readymade channels. TV doesn't show a lot of things on youtube.

• Like 2

Thank you! :blush:

I do like to watch television sometimes, and so does my little boy, but I set a limit on it. The only shows I watch faithfully and never miss are Dr. Who and Duck Dynasty. Otherwise, I curl up in the evenings with a good book....

yeah reading floats my boat as well

"That's the greatest scientific indoctrination tool ever devised."

I guess soon someone will argue there's no such thing as subliminal influence, or try to make it all seem like it was just a minor thing. I've not watched telly in five years, glad I haven't. In the internet you can at least pick what you feed for yourself instead of readymade channels. TV doesn't show a lot of things on youtube.

subliminal influence is a very real thing

• Like 2

To me a good book is much better than a movie/tv show... When I get engrossed in a book I stop seeing words and start seeing the story - like a mental movie...

That's also one reason I'm usually disappointed when a movie comes out - it doesn't resemble the movie in my head...

And I almost never watch TV anymore... Perhaps 2 hours a month...

• Like 1

In Vietnam now we have regularly about thirty Vietnamese language chanels, and as many in other languages, including about twenty in English. You know, usually there is just simply nothing on worth watching. I remember the day when we had just one channel -- the official government channel -- and everyone complained about how boring it was. Of course it was sold long ago.

• Like 1

Only times I ever watch TV is for Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Big Bang Theory, and NFL.

Other than that, nothing good old Netflix can't fix....

• Like 1

I got told about 'The soprano's" What a load of crap that is.

It was good but it wasn't gripping for me. Tony's psyche sections got boring. He's a hardcore Italian mafioso and he gets hung up over ducks. Give me a break.

post-117199-0-34528600-1375151540_thumb.

Edited by F3SS

so... has anyone actually confirmed that alan watt is or was a cia agent? i've been looking the guy up, and everything just leads to forums linking to or talking about this video.

• Like 1

The first best thing I ever did was give up smoking in the year 2000. The second best thing was to stop watching television. There is a whole world outside of that little squawk box.

There was a time when I might have disagreed and said that although most of TV is junk, there are exceptions. I would have sited documentaries, public affairs, and of course the news. Nowadays documentaries are like "Discovery" or "Natural Geographic (a disappointment from what that organization once was). Public affairs is now partisan propaganda, as is news broadcastinng, plus murder and mayhem.

The first best thing I ever did was give up smoking in the year 2000. The second best thing was to stop watching television. There is a whole world outside of that little squawk box.

I find that since I dropped network TV, I've replaced all my TV watching time with internet browsing time. The upside is that instead of falling into a zombie state and being fed information, I'm using my critical thinking to actively track down information for myself.

The downside is that my brain never really gets a chance to shutdown. Kind of jumped from one pot into another..

The best overall decision I made was to give myself an hour of "techno-detox" several nights a week: one hour of no phone, no tablet, no PC or TV. Just sitting out on the deck and listening to the neighbour-hood wind down.

• Like 3

^I second this. :yes: This is by far my favorite show on right now. I can't wait until the final season

I think tv gets a lot of flak. There is a lot of pointless crap on, but there are also some well written dramas. I'm actually enjoying cable tv shows more than movies these days. Don't really care if it rots my brain. Life's too short to not do the things I enjoy.

Edited by RavenEyes19
  • Like 1

^I second this. :yes: This is by far my favorite show on right now. I can't wait until the final season

I think tv gets a lot of flak. There is a lot of pointless crap on, but there are also some well written dramas. I'm actually enjoying cable tv shows more than movies these days. Don't really care if it rots my brain. Life's too short to not do the things I enjoy.

This is true. Much like the internet, there is a mountain of doo-doo you have to sift through to find the gems. But it's always worth it when you find one :tu:

(Can't wait for Breaking Bad to finish off!! :w00t: )

• Like 1

If one never watches TV one would be pretty far out of touch with general culture. I say, watch TV just don't let the nonsese aspects of it affect you. In the final analysis you have control over what you choose to believe/value/act upon.

• Like 1