Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Xbox 360 or Ps 3?

kannin

so i see this arguement all the time and i wanted to get your opinions as well, i choose xbox because of its user interface and apps

• Like 1

I had a ps3 die and couldn't be repaired, but got the newer model about a week ago. Even after that bad experience, i still rate ps3 over xbox anyday.

• Like 1

I had a ps3 die and couldn't be repaired, but got the newer model about a week ago. Even after that bad experience, i still rate ps3 over xbox anyday.

lol ok

I have always been an xbox person however due to xbox recent antics I am now moving to Ps4 when that is released.

However as the Q was 360 or ps3 - I would say Xbox was the better console (ps3 only had the blueray player - the system itself wasnt better)

• Like 1

PS3 all the way. I can't stand microsoft and their nickle and dime policies. The user interface on xbox blows and you have to pay to do almost anything.

I own both as well as a Wii. I played the X-Box 360 the most. But a few of the PS3 exclusive titles are amazing.

X-Box 360 would get my vote.

oh, the console wars. they always make me so sad. why can't people just get along, and play fun games where they shoot each other (in a friendly sort of way!)

anyways, i guess i got a used ps3 now, so that is where i stand. my ten year old ps2 is still humming long nicely as well, never had a single problem with it. "old reliable". i would call it, if was the kind of person who gave inanimate objects nickmames, which i am not.

ok.

I want to throw in my 2 cents....

Neither.

Hiking Boots, fishing pole, back pack, thermos, binoculors, tent......Still have money left over.

Go enjoy nature like I did growing up, it is going away fast. It is nothing like it was when I was going out there.

• Like 3

good points

I've been trying to go fishing the last 3 weekends and its rained every day :(

When i used to fish, i had the best days fishing when it was raining... You just got alot more wet.

I've been trying to go fishing the last 3 weekends and its rained every day :(

Rain Gear :)

yeah but i take my kids with me everytime and they hate it when it rains lol

mind you they will run around in the rain outside but doesnt like it when we fish

the actual nice thing about hiking and the outdoors is that you don't even much money to enjoy them.(unless you live in a city, then it can be a lot of money just to find the outdoors, but i digress). i've never been one for spending money on gear. just got to hike.

and then come back home and play some borderlands

and then stab a fish or two

see, you can have it all!

i do kind of want a canoe, though

• Like 1

yeah but i take my kids with me everytime and they hate it when it rains lol

mind you they will run around in the rain outside but doesnt like it when we fish

They made of sugar? :)

Make them go, teach them that things are not all ways the way you want them to be, disappointments do happen in life, and finding ways to get through them is a good lesson.

Fishing in the rain is a perfect example of this.

They made of sugar? :)

Make them go, teach them that things are not all ways the way you want them to be, disappointments do happen in life, and finding ways to get through them is a good lesson.

Fishing in the rain is a perfect example of this.

indeed thanx sakari

• Like 1

Whichever console doesn't have Halo is the one I would never buy. I've never owned a ps2 or ps3 so I'd have to say I'm an unabashed xbox fan. The closest I've come is hanging out as a teenager at my friend's house, who owned a ps1 in the days before it was ever called ps1 (used to simply be "Playstation"). But at that point, xbox didn't exist yet, so I didn't have to choose between Microsoft and Sony.

Ps3. It just works, does it all and online is just there for free or how ever expensive you want to make it. I had ps1&2. I love the controller. I will have ps4.

You ever see this conversation on a gaming site? It's instant flame wars and obscenity.

I personally have always preferred Sony...

I had a PS1...loved it back in the day. I had a PS2 and an Xbox...always played the PS2 more. I have a PS3 and my daughter has an Xbox 360 now. I prefer the PS3. First and foremost, the controller is just flat better to me...more ergonomic and not so bulky and clumsy. I have big hands as I am 6'-3 so that is not the problem...I just think the PlayStation controllers are better.... a personal preference.

I will be going with the PS4. Even my daughter doesn't want the spy machine...aka...Xbox1...who would? (Rhetorical question....the Xbox zombies will take the spy machine into their homes and love being watched all the time)

• Like 1

Yea that always online deal is awful. You can't play any games if your Internet goes down. Shame on Microsoft.

They got rid of that, F3SS. Always on won't be required. They also got rid of DRM and region lock.

I'd still say it's a spy machine, though, since kinect and the microphone have to be set up and running at all times.

• Like 1

They got rid of that, F3SS. Always on won't be required. They also got rid of DRM and region lock.

I'd still say it's a spy machine, though, since kinect and the microphone have to be set up and running at all times.

Oh ok I was unaware but the camera and mic being mandatory is whack. I'm pretty sure ps4's camera is a big part of that system but as far as I know it is still a bare bones gaming system if you want it to be. What I like most so far from what I've heard of the ps4 is the controller position function where the system knows what side of the screen you're on in a two player event so you don't have to switch controls or move your lazy butt around and one thing I find awesome is the ability to instant play games you're downloading so there is no need to wait for the download/install process to finish. I think it'll be awesome however I'm still happy with the ps3 and don't really think a new generation is necessary yet. Gaming and graphics are great already but I'm sure I won't miss it by next year.

Really though, what can these new systems do that'll be so different from now? Graphics and particle effects for sure but as for games themselves I guess bigger worlds and bigger better online capabilities like MMO's. All I really know is that the next Elder Scrolls should be mind blowing. Skyrim pretty much already was IMO. I had to make a conscious effort to quit playing it last year. That game took over my life.

Also, I hope for the ability to play PC quality strategy games. If they can figure out how to make a controller work as well as a mouse and keyboard with those types of games, oh man... If I could kick back on my couch and play a Total War game on my tv without hooking up a pc and all its accessories then it's over. Good bye responsibilities.

Whichever console doesn't have Halo is the one I would never buy. I've never owned a ps2 or ps3 so I'd have to say I'm an unabashed xbox fan. The closest I've come is hanging out as a teenager at my friend's house, who owned a ps1 in the days before it was ever called ps1 (used to simply be "Playstation"). But at that point, xbox didn't exist yet, so I didn't have to choose between Microsoft and Sony.

do you play online at all?