Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nasa films showing ufos

mystic_mind

There's lots of these nasa films that were shot years ago. They are still fascinating...especially the one called "the tether incident"

[media=]

[/media]

What do you think of them? Were they altered? What's nasa's explanation to all this stuff moving about in our orbit?

• Like 1

There's lots of these nasa films that were shot years ago. They are still fascinating...especially the one called "the tether incident"

What do you think of them? Were they altered? What's nasa's explanation to all this stuff moving about in our orbit?

for background I urge you to read "99 FAQs About 'Space UFO' Videos" at www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html

• Like 2

I saw a documentary (Is it real?). In this documentary they said that is was not real. It has to do with the distance of the objects.

But they don't know it for sure, the always speculate in kind of these documentaries. But it is possible, but that is my opionion.

I saw a documentary (Is it real?). In this documentary they said that is was not real. It has to do with the distance of the objects.

But they don't know it for sure, the always speculate in kind of these documentaries. But it is possible, but that is my opionion.

What I've come to realize is that the less one knows about real spaceflight, or the more incorrect assumptions one adopts, the more things become possible to imagine being maybe true. But if you want to narrow the 'maybes' to likelihoods, please do more reading on the subject -- such as my '99 FAQs' as a starter.

• Like 1

Sorry dude, it was just my opinion :). I don't know much about spaceflight indeed, but i just said it based on the things that I know about :).

Edited by tribal25

Sorry dude, it was just my opinion . I don't know much about spaceflight indeed, but i just said it based on the things that I know about .

the subject is undeniably fascinating and worthy of attention. As to the second issue, I can help you:

99 Frequently Asked Questions {FAQs} about astronauts and UFOs

March 22, 2012

http://www.jamesoberg.com/99faq.html

02 Q: Why is your view so at variance with other people’s, in defiance of what appears to be overwhelming evidence?

A: As a professional spaceflight ‘problem solver’ and a private space history researcher I’ve learned enough about real spaceflight and real folklore to understand how these stories could get started, how they could expand and mutate and proliferate. I’ve had enough experience with real spaceflight to realize that what’s being seen in many videos is nothing beyond the ‘norm’ from fully mundane phenomena occurring in unearthly settings. And unlike practically everyone else who believes the stories, I’ve had the opportunity to talk with primary witnesses and major cultural players, and I’ve had access to original technical records and performance data.

Nasa tells us they are an optical illusion: the objects are small particles that are in the immediate foreground but out of focus so they appear near the tether....I personally don't know what to believe.

JimOberg, your link is very interesting but too long for me right now...we'll read at the weekend.

The main cause of this camera illusion is that the external cameras have an 'overbright protect' feature to prevent burning out pixels with the sun or sun glint. Once energy onto any pixel exceeds a threshhold, the pixel 'grays-out' to protect itself.

You can see that effect on bight lightning bursts, or bright cities being passed over at night. The center of the bright mass darkens, looks hollow. Sometimes if bright stars are out of focus, a black dot seems to appear in their centers.

I've posted the console operating manuals of those cameras on my home page for anybody wanting technical details.

The length of the tether, as seen on the external camera, is already fully exposed, and artificially 'fattened' out, much wider than the actual cord [no thicker than a telephone cord]. The bright core is grayed out, as you can see.

When anything bright passes across that image, its own scattered brightness does indeed ADD to the existing brightness from the tether reflection. But those pixels are ALREADY too bright from the tether alone and have ALREADY triggered the 'overbright protect' gray-out response. Adding brightness from the passing dot won't show up, because the pixel's already grayed-out.

this creates a perfect illusion of the brighter dot or disk being 'occulted' by the thick gray tether. But it's an artifact of the camera optics, not a genuine geometrical consequence.

Think of the actual size of the thin tether and its essentially ZERO angular width at those ranges. Whatever is passing across the tether -- in front or in back -- isn't going to have its own real eyeball appearance affected at all. The TV image -- that's another question, and it is a function of the electronics inside the box, not the geometry outsode

• Like 1

Its like talking to a wall Jim ! But you have the patientness of Job with these members !

THe Tether and the camera quality at those conditions could lead anyone thats not versed in that sort of footage !

Keep Looking Up !

R.I.P Kid Kraddick !

The most impressive of those videos is an old one with an object travelling, it suddenly stops and then goes in the opposite direction. I was not able to find it in "isolation" because I remember it has a number on it, but you may know the one I'm talking about.

The most impressive of those videos is an old one with an object travelling, it suddenly stops and then goes in the opposite direction. I was not able to find it in "isolation" because I remember it has a number on it, but you may know the one I'm talking about.

Ice crystals, even though they pulsate and change directions - according to Nasa

Is it possible to change direction that fast in space? (Asking because I know nothing about it)

Is it possible to change direction that fast in space? (Asking because I know nothing about it)

If you have the technology.

Hope that helped. :whistle:

• Like 1

Ice crystals, even though they pulsate and change directions - according to Nasa

Referring to these events, where did NASA make that claim?

Or are you just in mass mockery mode, lying to make a point?

Stuff behaves oddly in space because -- well, because it's different there. I tried to outline those differences, based on my 20 years in Mission Control, in my essay "99 FAQs" about space UFO videos. Please take a look and tell me how to make it more helpful.

Thanks for the input Jim!

55 Q: Do objects moving away from a spacecraft continue until lost to sight?

A: No, they often come BACK in an hour or two. This is an even more bizarre behavior, when nearby objects are slowly moving in relatively different directions – although both are flying NEARLY parallel at 25,000 ft/sec. Something moving off to either SIDE of a central object will depart for 15 to 20 minutes, then come to a stop and begin moving BACK towards its point of origin, arriving there with the original departure speed, in about half an orbit, or 45 minutes. Something pushed away UPWARDS will rise, then slowly fall behind and pass downwards behind the spacecraft, but then swoop lower and catch up with the spacecraft and return to it a full orbit later. Something pushed FORWARD will pull ahead and gradually climb in height, slowing down and passing overhead headed backwards, and vanish aft from sight – but if influenced by differential drag, it can then slip back into a lower, faster orbit and overtake the spacecraft from behind in the hours ahead. Only something pushed BACKWARDS will safely depart the neighborhood of the spacecraft, as it falls behind, slips into a lower orbit, and then can be seen passing below the spacecraft moving out ahead of it – but safely below it.

I guess that answers my question about objects stopping motion and changing direction.

So Jim, there's any video from NASA that makes scratch your head? (I mean, that it doesn't fit with known phenomena).

Thanks for the input Jim!

I guess that answers my question about objects stopping motion and changing direction.

So Jim, there's any video from NASA that makes scratch your head? (I mean, that it doesn't fit with known phenomena).

yes.

Would be interested in elaboration on that point good sir? :-)

Some of those videos are very interesting, but we still have nothing conclusive, unfortunately. I think some of the are definitely worthy of further investigation though.