Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO?

CHRIS_UK

Just thought i would post this and see what you guys think.

There was a thunderstorm last night, and after it had cleared, a few hours later i saw this.

The location is Pontefract UK.

The light in the central/top left between the chimneys? There was no sound or anything, it just hung in the air.

All comments welcome.

787c.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Did you also see that it was moving? Or that is disappeared in a kind of way? It's looks very mysterious and interesting. I hope that the picture is not a hoax.

It stayed there, i stopped watching after about 5 minutes, it was just strange as there is no pole on it like all of the other street lights

It stayed there, i stopped watching after about 5 minutes, it was just strange as there is no pole on it like all of the other street lights

hello Chris, I am very curious as to why you only watched it for five minutes? you must obviously have an interest in the subject to be here on UM.

also why were you not able to film it at all?

did you go back and check again a little while later?

There was a thunderstorm last night, and after it had cleared, a few hours later i saw this.

The light in the central/top left between the chimneys? There was no sound or anything, it just hung in the air.

All comments welcome.

Yep the're here all right.

All comments welcome.

787c.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

well considering that there are another 4 points of the same 'type' of white light, then my first thought is, its just a light. It has a flatish top and rounded bottom, like the other lights. Or maybe an elongated oval...

So you cant see the pole, thats true of many street lights in certain condidtions, so my thoughts are its the 'SAME' as the other lights, and it could simply be a reflection of the other lights, or a light where the pole isnt visible.

Had there been no other lights in the pic, it may be a bit more intriguing.

As Quilius implied, had I seen such a strange light Id have used whatever available to photo it and take a video, maybe even banging my neighbours door to have them take a look too! If I truly thought I was seing a ufo I certainly wouldnt stop watching after 5 mins. Id have gone out in the street in its direction to see better.

As it didnt excite you so much, Id say you were aware it was nothing unusual.

Plus, the light to the right of the pic, again above the houses, also shows no pole.

My thoughts then are, nothing UFO related Im afraid

There is a pole but look very closely, see the light? follow down to a white box and you get the image in your head.

The other one could be inside yourhouse

I also live in the UK and there were other thunderstorms in my area and surrounding area. So, I can confirm that yes there were thunderstorms in the UK yesterday. (Don't want there to be any heated debates about 'was it really a thunderstorm?') ;)

:tu:

Good quality picture btw, very steady hands!

Edited to add: Is it possible it could have been a sprite? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprite_(lightning)

Edited by Asadora

I also live in the UK and there were other thunderstorms in my area

Me too, in UK. Slightly off topic but... I came back from holiday a few days ago, and there had been storms after the heatwave. My TV was blown, along with my digi box, cordless phones, DVD, desktop PC, router, in fact just about all my electronic entertainment gadgets...

I only knew it was down to the storms as my neighbours lost their TV and leccy stuff too, they said a massive crack of thunder/lightening happened literally over the block

Talk about being pished off. If only Id unplugged everything first.... :no:

• Like 1

Ok heres the story of this. I appologise if this offends anyone.

I have been doing some of my own research into sightings and experiences that people have, and the effects of influence on people. I am quite a scaptical person and i like to debunk things before i jump to outlandish conclusions. I had to experiment here without giving myself away to get proper feedback and research results.

I will firstly point out that i myself took this photo, and it is 100% real. There is no photoshopping nor tomfoolery going on. The object however is not a UFO or unexplained object. It was taken on a Samsung Galaxy phone, so nothing special.

The light (in the pic) does NOT have a post on it, whereas all of the others do, even the one near the factory chimneys (red lights).

I wanted to test my theory that given the right circumstances, and by feeding in the right information 'Thunderstorm', 'No Sound', 'Hung in the Air', people can be more open to the powers of suggestion. I was very impressed by most of the replies to this thread as they were very accurate and mostly non assuming.

Quillius, hit on this straight off with the 5 minutes thing. I stopped watching after a few minutes because i realised the truth.

I was sat looking through this website coincidentally and decided to have a fag. As i sparked up and went toward the window i saw it. I automatically assumed it was a streetlight (in particular the one seen in the right hand side of the picture) so i moved around but the position didn't change regardless where in the room i stood.

The window opened toward the 'light' in the sky, so in order to see better i opened the window wider to get a better look. Bingo!

If the light in the window is at 12 o'clock. There is a streetlight at 6 o'clock making this reflection look like it is in the sky. Simples. No UFO, no Photoshopping, just a reflection.

The purpose of this wasn't to make anyone look stupid or fool anyone, besides collecting my own info, it was merely an eyeopener to people to think rationally before they make a conclusion, because people do not always provide all of the facts when they declare they have seen something. Personally, if i saw something, i would take as much video/photgraphic evidence as possible and give as wide a scope on the subject as possible. It also serves as a reminder of how easy it is to hoax without the need for special equipment.

Once again appologies if any offense was caused, but in my experience, research results are not accurate when people know what is going on. Thanks to all who took the time to read and make an input.

Chris

I had an experience of seeing some bright light in the sky once.it was 7:30 P.M. It is white and is glittering. It is not a star nor a planet as it is bigger.i dnt knw wat it is.it was there glowing for a few minutes.its light grew brighter and then dimmed off.again its light grew bright and then it disappeard.i thought it was some comet but it wasnt moving actually.

Ok heres the story of this. I appologise if this offends anyone.

I have been doing some of my own research into sightings and experiences that people have, and the effects of influence on people. I am quite a scaptical person and i like to debunk things before i jump to outlandish conclusions. I had to experiment here without giving myself away to get proper feedback and research results.

I will firstly point out that i myself took this photo, and it is 100% real. There is no photoshopping nor tomfoolery going on. The object however is not a UFO or unexplained object. It was taken on a Samsung Galaxy phone, so nothing special.

The light (in the pic) does NOT have a post on it, whereas all of the others do, even the one near the factory chimneys (red lights).

I wanted to test my theory that given the right circumstances, and by feeding in the right information 'Thunderstorm', 'No Sound', 'Hung in the Air', people can be more open to the powers of suggestion. I was very impressed by most of the replies to this thread as they were very accurate and mostly non assuming.

Quillius, hit on this straight off with the 5 minutes thing. I stopped watching after a few minutes because i realised the truth.

I was sat looking through this website coincidentally and decided to have a fag. As i sparked up and went toward the window i saw it. I automatically assumed it was a streetlight (in particular the one seen in the right hand side of the picture) so i moved around but the position didn't change regardless where in the room i stood.

The window opened toward the 'light' in the sky, so in order to see better i opened the window wider to get a better look. Bingo!

If the light in the window is at 12 o'clock. There is a streetlight at 6 o'clock making this reflection look like it is in the sky. Simples. No UFO, no Photoshopping, just a reflection.

The purpose of this wasn't to make anyone look stupid or fool anyone, besides collecting my own info, it was merely an eyeopener to people to think rationally before they make a conclusion, because people do not always provide all of the facts when they declare they have seen something. Personally, if i saw something, i would take as much video/photgraphic evidence as possible and give as wide a scope on the subject as possible. It also serves as a reminder of how easy it is to hoax without the need for special equipment.

Once again appologies if any offense was caused, but in my experience, research results are not accurate when people know what is going on. Thanks to all who took the time to read and make an input.

Chris

Gollly, thanks for the lesson.