Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Still Waters

OCD is a term that many are familiar with on a passing level, but few understand the consequences that sufferers contend with.

Twenty-two-year-old Josh Cannings has suffered from symmetry OCD or obsessive compulsive disorder for nearly 10 years.

It is a condition that has had a massive effect on his day-to-day life, but one that is often trivialised by society.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...gazine-23412085

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still Waters

• Odds

• ReaperS_ParadoX

• amitas

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit OCD, but i think on the lower end of the scale. Say if i splash my face with water, it has to be either 4 or 7 times. Or if i do something that my bicept flexes, i need to do the same to the other until it 'feels right'. Lol. I never got the panic attacks as said in the article, just a feeling they need to be in sync. Or if i stepped on a line in the sidewalk, i'd need to step on the next one with my other foot in the same spot, but that eventually went away.

There's a youngish woman who lives in our area who whenever she goes out, she touches the lamp posts and bus stops or anything like that. Sometimes she'll go from one to the other and back again, it's a wonder she doesn't miss the bus. One day I saw her touch and kiss the top of a roadside salt/grit box.

• 1 month later...

I can so much relate to what you mentioned ,its like if i get a negative thought in a spot i will kep going back n forth till i cant cross the spot with no thought at all n if i wash one hand i need to wash the other same for leg etc . I keep washing parts of my arm if even a drop happens to fly on them when washing my palms its like driving me insane ,then there are stupid things like i hv to climb the bed facing a specific angle, always step with my right leg first when walking etc I really wanna stop all this d question is HOW???

Im a bit OCD everything has to be on my desk in a certain way, So that it looks like my desk is clear, I vacuum my rug everyday, my closet has to be closed at all times and when Im home alone all the bedroom doors have to be closed. Im also a very clean person