Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lifesaver Bottle Will Save Millions Of Lives

seeder

Being a part time bush crafter, (out on the canoe, camping in the wild etc), I do keep an eye on bushcrafty type gadgets and ideas that come along...

I was surfing some bushcrafters sites and saw a decent video of a water purification system... Up till then people had to boil and filter dirty water, or use water tablets which essentially bleach water..

So this guy has a simple device, and to demonstrate it he fills a tank with dirty water, sewer run off, mud, dog poo, has a good stir around, then puts it in his bottle, and out the other end comes pure water. No kidding

Ok the item has been out a couple of years so far - so it may be not new news, but Id thought Id share it anyway

makers website and text link for those who cant watch vids

http://www.lifesaversystems.com/

no Im not affiliated

I think these devices are great! But I could not drink the filtered water concoction above! LOL :no: I'd throw all the water back up defeating the purpose.

This one is pretty neat too, for personal use, http://www.basspro.c...12061210011934/. Saw it at a wilderness survival seminar.

Small, effective, 264 gallons.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 3

oh wow this is really cool, i to seeder aam a woodsmen and would love one of these

• Like 1

That Basspro straw thingy is indeed pretty neat! I would love to have one of those in my emergency kit, just in case.

• Like 1

oh wow this is really cool, i to seeder aam a woodsmen and would love one of these

Im gonna get me one.. just for any eventuality... always a good idea to be prepared, for something...

• Like 1

Im gonna get me one.. just for any eventuality... always a good idea to be prepared, for something...

can you post your review so i can base my judgment if i want one or not?

• 2 weeks later...

any one try this yet?

More to the point, has this system been tested?

The militaries of the world are often the first to test items like this, and if adopted it means it's been through a thorough, rigorous test.

Wonder if any military has adopted it?

• Like 1

More to the point, has this system been tested?

The militaries of the world are often the first to test items like this, and if adopted it means it's been through a thorough, rigorous test.

Wonder if any military has adopted it?

From their website

"The LIFESAVER® bottle 4000UF is used by Military customers all over the world, with over 30,000 in active service since 2007. LIFESAVER® complies with all British, US and European Drinking Water Regulations for Microbiological Reduction as tested and certified by the London school of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine"

http://www.lifesaversystems.com/lifesaver-products/lifesaver-bottle

Though the product also comes in Jerry Can form, so many gallons at once can be made,

http://www.lifesaversystems.com/lifesaver-products/lifesaver-jerrycan

I guess the only thing it cant do, is make water wheres theres a severe drought, perhaps very obviously. BUT, NO WORRIES, an invention was made that produces water out of thin air. No kidding.

"A billboard that produces drinking water from air," says the billboard up high. And it does what it says on the tin: so far, the billboard has produced over 9,000 litres of drinking water - 96 litres a day".

Costs to build it? "The internal system costs some US $1,200 (£790) to set up".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21899227

(that was an old post I made but thought to revive it again here)

If I did my math right this bottle can not only save lives but can save money too.

This bottle can filter up to 6000 liters for $153.72 and bottled water cost on average about $1.97 per liter so $11,820 at 6000 liters, so just 1 bottle can save up to $11,666.28.

• Like 1

If I did my math right this bottle can not only save lives but can save money too.

This bottle can filter up to 6000 liters for $153.72 and bottled water cost on average about $1.97 per liter so $11,820 at 6000 liters, so just 1 bottle can save up to $11,666.28.

amazing

• Like 1

amazing

Bottled water is one of the biggest rip offs in todays world. In the U.S. we pay more for bottled water then we do for gas. Even rounding gas prices up to $4 a gallon we still pay more for bottled water, over $2 more per gallon.

Around where I live (Detroit) the cheapest bottled water is about a $1 for 20oz. so thats $6.40 per gallon, this water is actually just Detroit tap water (Detroit has some of the best tap water in the U.S.), the typical cost of water from the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department is about $2 for 1,000 gallons. At this price, you can get 5 gallons of tap water for about penny, or $0.002 per gallon. Why on earth do people pay for bottled water?

Edited by Odin11
  • Like 1

Saves money, and can save lives too! A win win in my opinion! Tempted to get one yourself?

have you gotten one yet seeder?