Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Awen

Grandpa Greenman

In many Druidry paths the Awen is the spirit of life which interconnects and makes up the Universe, It is represented by this symbol /|\. Gods and Goddesses are names of different aspects of nature. In my Druid path, Reform Druids, ( http://rdna.info/ )you can even make up a God if you want. Nature is God, everything is God including you and me. We simply are the Awen (Universe) experiencing itself. A tree is the Awen experiencing itself, along with the dog and everything else. The Earth is a part of the Awen and the biosphere is a living entity. People will me tell the Earth is made up of rocks and dirt which are non living things. I point out I am mostly carbon, is carbon a living thing? We are a part of the earth as our kidney is a part of our body as are is everything on the Earth. The Universe is also a living entity made up of many non living things. Stars, planets and galaxies are just different parts of its body.

My new name reflects my belief system.

The Greenman is a Pagan God of the forest, he is lord of the animals. GreenmansGod is really Greenman's God. I am apart of the Greenman as I am a part of the forest, so as a part of God I am a God. Thou art God, is what my fellow Druids of my path say.

I am not saying anyone should join anything, I just thought y'all would be interested in something a little different. I will try answer any questions or discuss what I have written. :)

• Like 1

You're probably familiar with words having parallel meanings and certain histories perhaps, the theory at least. Like god = good and so on, so I was wondering if 'amen' was related to this Awen in any way. Or Amon, from Egypt.

• Like 1

There are metabolic organisms that live a mile below the earth's surface, at least, there may be organisms that live even deeper, which in my mind, makes our planet a living thing. http://www.nsf.gov/news/frontiers_archive/7-97/7extreme.jsp

• Like 1

Most shamanic or modern pagan beliefs believe this in some way. Some have even taken it further and have actually found the neurons of AWEN. Also isn't this the term used in the movie "avatar"?

• Like 1

You're probably familiar with words having parallel meanings and certain histories perhaps, the theory at least. Like god = good and so on, so I was wondering if 'amen' was related to this Awen in any way. Or Amon, from Egypt.

I would say no, Awen is a Welsh word for poetic inspiration. In modern Druidry it is extended to mean the Spirit energy of Life.

Edited by GreenmansGod
  • Like 1

Most shamanic or modern pagan beliefs believe this in some way. Some have even taken it further and have actually found the neurons of AWEN. Also isn't this the term used in the movie "avatar"?

It is a part of Earth base religions. Often I have found with meditation people come to this knowledge on their own. Neurons of Awen, interesting got a link? I don't remember about it being in Avatar. I guess I am going to have to watch the movie again.

• Like 1

This is nice! I am very into nature...

gardens.. trees.. birds singing to me.

The other day a bird flew onto my shopping cart..

he got to close I could almost touch him...

he was hungry.. i gave some bread to my animal brother...

That is when you know you are one with your animals brothers :)

Also meditating in the garden is a wonderful thing....

everything is a magical adventure...

I so like this Druid system.. much better than Christian...

or Satanism....

it's just much more peaceful sounding..

and I like it...

I was reading about satanism... etc

some aspects like Self Empowerment..

being individual sound good...

which i am like that..

But I don't know about all the "dark" stuff..

i already went thought dark phase in my youth...

im more about nature.. and wizardy potions herbs etc now...

I'm not any one path.. just reading and learning still..

gaining wisdom...

I want to learn more about the Awen though!

Also what a some good books on the Awen I can read?

I see some of it is related to Celtic!

I listen to Celtic music all the time now.

And have been reading Celtic books on Sacred Texts...

thanks for much for the link!

• Like 1

I would say no, Awen is a Welsh word for poetic inspiration. In modern Druidry it is extended to mean the Spirit energy of Life.

Yes Awen is the name given to their interconnected mother ( I think), which is the consciousness of their living planet ( moon).

Edit: Oh sorry it was awah... Very close though,

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091231111224AA5GStY

Edited by White Crane Feather

Hi GG. In this vid with Phillip Carr- Gomm and Peter Owen Jones at about 30sec in Phillip says “ some how blending the Awen with the Amen”. So is there a link?

What if…What if our religion was each other, if our practice was our life, if prayer was our words? What if the temple was the earth, if forests were our church, if holy waters – the rivers, lakes and oceans. What if meditation was our relationships, if the teacher was life, if wisdom was self knowledge, if love was the centre of our being? G.White

• Like 1

Any connection with the "Gaia" concept, Earth as a living being itself (see Beany's post #3)?

What if…What if our religion was each other, if our practice was our life, if prayer was our words? What if the temple was the earth, if forests were our church, if holy waters – the rivers, lakes and oceans. What if meditation was our relationships, if the teacher was life, if wisdom was self knowledge, if love was the centre of our being? G.White

Phillip doesn't have to have to deal with Bible belt Christians of the USA. lol I think the major difference between amen and Awen is the concept of God as creator outside of the Universe and God actually being Universe. When I say to Christians "Thou art God" it shocks them. It is like they are not ready for it.

For me and most of my Pagan buds, this isn't a "what if" it is a reality.

Any connection with the "Gaia" concept, Earth as a living being itself (see Beany's post #3)?

Sure it is, only in my case it is extended to the Universe, as well.

There are some good books on this subject

" the self aware universe"