Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Republican Rumble

Yamato

When your competition is Chris Christie, you're not going to be the big guy in the fight, but a snappy Dr. Rand Paul MD doesn't let his obese competitor get any doughnuts in on him!

It's gut-check time for the Republican party. Do you want the Republican party that tries to outspend the Democrats, or do you want the guy who's actually fiscally conservative?

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 2

It's difficult to get a handle on what, if anything, is happening in the Republican Party. After the macabre pairing of McCain and Palin, followed by the insensate Romney and ideologue Ryan, what will the GOP come up with next? Let us hope it is someone committed to alleviating our economic problems without slashing the lifelines of the elderly (Medicaid and Social Security), setting them adrift on the proverbial ice floe of an aged Inuit. Let us hope that the Party of Lincoln awakens to the fact that, in a few short years, there will be such a sea change in American demographics that a "majority" and "minorities" will give way to multiple pluralities. Let us hope that the GOP finds someone with courage, vision and guts--unbowed to the special interests that soil elections and have skewed Congress to worship the Almighty Dollar. Let us hope there is potential Republican leadership more interested in jobs and improving infrastructure than in enriching the already rich and taking sonograms of wombs.

The GOP needs as much hope as Obama pontificated about in 2008.

• Like 1

When I saw the title of this thread, I immediately thought, Let's get ready to ruuuuumbbble!

:)

The exciting thing about Rand Paul to me is that his voting record is good enough that I can trust what he's saying. He might attain Obama's power and let down the fiscal conservatives again. His dad's lifetime record was the ultimate credential. It was why we could believe what Ron Paul was saying; it was the proof of how Ron Paul was so different. Rand Paul is still just a piece of paper compared to his father who is an open book. But here he is again, understanding how Congress shall write no law that infringes upon people's rights.

• Like 1

The GOP will become more Libertarian, The rhinos like McCain and Graham will die eventually lol. Christe will just have a heart attack.

• Like 2

The GOP will become more Libertarian, The rhinos like McCain and Graham will die eventually lol. Christe will just have a heart attack.

Cold blooded, but probably all true.

Cold blooded, but probably all true.

It would appear to be a "changing of the guard" time for the Republican Party.

It would appear to be a "changing of the guard" time for the Republican Party.

If they want to survive they will. My thoughts are that if the Republicans do not lighten up on social issues and personal liberties, they will go the way of the Federalists and the Whigs. I still believe the mega corporate lobbyist are waaay too deep in the Republicans pocket to get them to completely do what is right. They NEED to lighten up certain regulations that make it difficult to start a business....but the big corporations don't want the competition...so there you have it.

Social issues...abortion and the war on drugs...they need to take a hard look at the Libertarian positions on these things if they want to have a prayer of surviving the future...

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 2