Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monster TV Series...what do you watch?

Bluenose Bulwark

I watch a lot of monster shows for entertainment. What are some of the ones you like to watch?

Mountain Monsters

Monsters of America

Finding Bigfoot

What else is there out there? What do you like to watch?

I sometimes watch Monster Quest. Most of the "monster" shows are rather frivolous but that's why I like them. Finding Bigfoot is so entertaining! "Keep it Squatchy!"

I must admit to watching "Finding Bigfoot", too bad they never do. Still the witness interviews are interesting as is watching the researchers freezing in the cold woods at 3:00 AM, lol. Even if such a creature exists I don't think the chances of them finding this way are very high; there are black bears in the same areas and they never "find" them either.

I occasionally watch "Monster Quest" also, mainly because they sometimes deal with real creatures like the Thylacine or Giant Squid. Still hope the Tassie Tiger is out there somewhere.

Edited by Sundew

Too bad Monsterquest isn't being made any more :(

Only Monsterquest's reruns. Finding Bigfoot was amusing but they never got any interesting proof so I dropped it.

River Monsters-- to see new fish I've never seen before ("monsters") and the places he visits

Beast something (not sure what the name is, actually)-- it's a debunker like River Monsters

Destination Truth-- to see the places they visit and for Gate's sense of humor.

Mountain Monsters-- because they "hunt" creatures where I've lived (WV & southern Ohio), and for a good laugh

Finding Bigfoot-- no idea why

Although I haven't watched most (reruns) in a while. And except for RM couldn't care less if I miss an episode.

• Like 1

I really liked Monsterquest....Finding Bigfoot is pretty good too..I also like the eyewitness stories...but Mountain Monsters is pathetic...more white trash redneck crap....whats next?..Larry the cable guy looking for Nessie?..

..Larry the cable guy looking for Nessie?..

I disagree, I don't see how Larry the Cable guy could be any more ridiculous and any less successful than say Finding Bigfoot?

Imo, these shows make it clear that stupidity isn't solely a commodity of any one group in the United States.

And that, I believe, is the point... for ratings...It's harder to laugh at people who are smart and going about serious work

Edited by QuiteContrary

If these searches were conducted by people in the science field it would certainly be more credible....instead of these idiot rednecks..thats not hard to see,,of course its harder to laugh at reputable people looking for these monsters...beacause they are credible!!....not a bunch of rednecks making asses out of themselves and people actually watching them makes it worse

Edited by Labobio

If these searches were conducted by people in the science field it would certainly be more credible....instead of these idiot rednecks..thats not hard to see

If you are replying to me, that is not what I asked.

How would 'redneck white trash' Larry the cable guy be any more ridiculous and any less successful than Finding Bigfoot? I'm not saying it wouldn't be but, just because he is a "redneck"?

You made the claim, I'm just asking for clarification of your quote below:

"but Mountain Monsters is pathetic...more white trash redneck crap....whats next?..Larry the cable guy looking for Nessie?.."

I agree, Mountain Monsters is completely pathetic, but why does that have to do exclusively with redneck white trash? And what makes FB any less ridiculous and any more credible and successful at, well, finding a cryptid (bigfoot)?

I think they are about making money=ratings, by playing it all up.

I don't see any mind stimulating research on Finding Bigfoot either. A Rave? Fireworks? FLIR blurr? "Squatchy" label everywhere they go... And no rednecks...

At least that is what I assume is how you feel since you dislike redneck shows and consider Finding Bigfoot "pretty good". What makes it pretty good?

Edited by QuiteContrary

if I have to explain you will never understand..what does MM have to do with redneck white trash?..honestly?..

Edited by Labobio

if I have to explain you will never understand..what does MM have to do with redneck white trash?..honestly?..

I really liked Monsterquest....Finding Bigfoot is pretty good too..I also like the eyewitness stories...but Mountain Monsters is pathetic...more white trash redneck crap....whats next?..Larry the cable guy looking for Nessie?..

bolding is mine

You said it not me.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Labobio Posted Today, 06:50 PM

ugh...forget it...like trying to teach physics to an ant

Not really, I've just noticed a theme to your posts. You're at only 20 posts and including the "white trash" ones in this thread, here are a couple more. Therefore, considering your posts, I think my questions are quite reasonable. I have no idea who you are, I can only go by what you post.

bolding mine

Posted by Labobio on 25 June 2013 - 05:31 PM in Cryptozoology, Myths and Legends

Very true Kenin..I personally would love to see an honest investigation..with people that seem like they can handle it..not some white trash running through their back yard...They will probably have a guest white trash person on...Larry the cable guy.

Posted by Labobio on 24 June 2013 - 06:39 PM in Cryptozoology, Myths and Legends

This is just another show to go along with a lot of others to continue the white trashing of America..

Posted by Labobio on 13 March 2013 - 08:17 PM in Movies, Music, Books & Television ShowsWow..i agree totally..lol..I honestly could not have said it better..the only other thing I would add is who the hell is giving a hillbilly like RZ money to make these movies?,,And arent all his movies including himself white trash??

Edited by QuiteContrary

Y'all do realize that Larry the Cable Guy is a character, right? Daniel Whitney is actually a fairly intelligent man from Nebraska and doesn't have a trace of the southern accent that made him famous. It's all an affectation.

Speaking as a redneck who is also a monster hunter I think going on a hunt with me would be a hell of a lot more fun than going monster hunting with some " stuffed shirt girly-man academic " ....

I am not sure but I think Larry the cable guy could beat Stephen Hawking down like a punk in primetime ratings without working very hard at it...( I am not getting into what that says about the world..just pointing it out) ...

Try to stay on topic :P

New one out now is Joe Rogan Questions Everything :D

Aww..we were only changing the subject from moster hunter tv shows to Larry the Cable guy...lol..

I myself like Destination truth....

Lol...Larry the cable guy could beat Stephen hawking in ratings...very profound and typical thinking..lolol

Edited by Labobio

hey , when it come to ENTERTAINMENT ..truth is truth.... lucky you are free to watch anything you want....as long as it stays on the air...you want profound thinking...turn off the T.V.

I know , i know ..back on topic...

river monsters is cool as well....I have seen a few of those myself so It is a bit more real to me...

River monsters plays less like a monster hunt and more likeBill Dance

on steroids..it's alright

Y'all do realize that Larry the Cable Guy is a character, right? Daniel Whitney is actually a fairly intelligent man from Nebraska and doesn't have a trace of the southern accent that made him famous. It's all an affectation.

but if he had a cryptid show as Larry the cable guy as proposed, he'd be in character I'd presume, and thus another "-------" show.