Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus was Caesar

Big Bad Voodoo

I'm pretty sure Jesus was Jesus and Caesar was Caesar. Weird.

• Like 2

uhmmmmm, thats a huge thoery one that doesnt make sense, we would know this, jesus stated he was the king of hebrews when romans were catholic doesnt make sense to be to big of a what if

• Like 1

I heard that Caeser means the Anointed one which would be "Christ" in Greek but "Caeser" in Latin (or Christus).

Cleopatra (Caeser's wife) was also called "Mary of The Tower" (which would be "Magdalene" as in "Mary Magdalene").

http://ravingatheists.com/forum/showthread.php?p=384899

Caesars blessed Ashes became Ash wednesday. Saturnalia became X-mas. Lupercalia became St Valentine. Caesar's Day of sacrificed or Friday the day of blood became Good Friday ( 15th March), the ascension of Augustus as GOD & Archiereus ( Roman Hilaria) became EASTER.

Caeser just as Jesus , has MANY connections to MYTHOLOGICAL Gods. Could it be that Caeser wasn't real?

Think about it, it claims that "Isis" was Caeser's mom. Isis is a Goddess who was a Virgin Mother.

Her name is Isis-Meri which is ANOTHER Connection to Jesus (Mary).

All of the holidays celebrating Christianity and Paganism seems to also reflect Caeser as well...

• Like 3

This is my post about it in other thread.

Jesus was mastermind strategist Kmt. He established powerfull organization-Church. So there is possibility that he was in Alesia.

We count our calendar based on Jesus birth. Then we have Julius calendar.

Then we have Veni Vidi Vici. Which in the end is what Jesus done.

sarcasm

A couple of years ago, I remember reading part of an article that looked at this very issue. I found it fairly interesting although can´t remember that much about it. It was on another website dedicated to "top secret" types of information. Not really sure if it´s appropriate to mention it or link it here, but if someone wants to know, they can PM me.

A couple of years ago, I remember reading part of an article that looked at this very issue. I found it fairly interesting although can´t remember that much about it. It was on another website dedicated to "top secret" types of information. Not really sure if it´s appropriate to mention it or link it here, but if someone wants to know, they can PM me.

If is "above top secret" website Im not interested. That site is so flashy that it hurt my eyes ever since I stumble upon that site.

Plus it lacks great number of sceptics.

Edited by the L

oh wow ok yeah that is interesting than

post-7739-0-64651900-1375294529_thumb.jp

Julius Caesar was a well documented historical figure. He wrote a book. Jesus is not mentioned outside of the Bible. He didn't write a book.

I think these guy are on pretty shaky ground with this.

• Like 2

This is kind of crazy.

In that case Moses was Gandalf from Lord of the Rings

• Like 3

Julius Caesar was a well documented historical figure. He wrote a book.

Books.

This is kind of crazy.

:w00t::tu: for the win.

Edited by the L
  • Like 2

I wish Jesus would have wrote a book...

him a Moses some of my fav wizards...

But I wish they would have written how to do their super natural powers

and magic etc. Now THAT would be interesting to read.

• Like 1

lol

A few points on the video. That Ceasar was Pontifex Maximus is irelevant. True that as they say in the video it is main bridge builder (between men and gods), but this title is normaly translated as Cheif Priest, and is still used by the Pope. It is odd the slight twist here. I do not know why they give any importance to this title as regards Ceasar. After his death it was passed to Marcus Aemilius Lepidus, Augustus letting him have the title as something to keep him happy. The title was then used by emperors until it transfered to the Bishop of Rome. It is a very very weak way of linking Ceasar to Jesus and is clearly aimed at an audience not so well educated about Rome, or Egypt. Why Egypt? because the video draws a ridiculous comparrison between the Pope being carried on a chair, and also Ceasar. They do not mention that this was normal transport for the wealthy in Europe, at various times, well into the modern era. However, Pharaohs were also carried by chair, when they were not in a charriot, and further, had two fan bearers either side of them. Ceasar would not have had these fan bearers, but Popes do. So the Popes chair and fan bearers have more in common with an Egyptian Pharoah than Ceasar, who having visited Egypt may well have bought ideas back to Rome. That the video uses these as examples, and does not explain fully and rather twists things, shows to me they are on shaky ground. Besides, all know that Jesus is a manifestation of Horus :P

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri

This is kind of crazy.

I always thought of him as Sauron.

Besides, all know that Jesus is a manifestation of Horus :P

No, majority people on UM voted Jesus was philosopher.

I heard that Caeser means the Anointed one which would be "Christ" in Greek but "Caeser" in Latin (or Christus).

Cleopatra (Caeser's wife) was also called "Mary of The Tower" (which would be "Magdalene" as in "Mary Magdalene").

Caeser just as Jesus , has MANY connections to MYTHOLOGICAL Gods. Could it be that Caeser wasn't real?

Think about it, it claims that "Isis" was Caeser's mom. Isis is a Goddess who was a Virgin Mother.

All of the holidays celebrating Christianity and Paganism seems to also reflect Caeser as well...

The origin of the name Ceasar is unknown. It may mean hair or eye colour or even elephant from a Pontic word. The Romans themselves could not agree on it's origins.

Cleopatra was not Ceasar's wife, only his mistress. Ceasar had three legal wives, not concurent of course. Cornelia Cinnilla, Pompeia and finally Calpurnia Pisonis. Cleopatra is Greek and means "Glory to the Father". Cleopatra would certainly be familiar with Isis, but though the Ptolemies were depicted as Egyptian pharoahs, this was for the benefit of the indigenous Egyptians, and probably also the Ptolemies own vanity. They were Greek and kept Greek practises, no matter what Hollywood says.

No, majority people on UM voted Jesus was philosopher.

you don't get humor very well.

I see Tutankhaten has already replied to your post but I'd like to weigh in, too. As I recall the etymology for caesar is not well understood. Tutankhaten mentioned the connection with hair and one speculative translation is "hairy." Seems an odd appellation for the most powerful man of his time, not to mention that succeeding imperial rulers would adopt the name for themselves. Whatever the case may be, I know of no translation that would produce "anointed one." We would need someone legitimately proficient in Latin at UM to provide the proper Latin term for "anointed one," and that's not me.

Where on earth does this come from? How would "Mary of the Tower" even be relevant for Cleopatra VII? Sources, please. The video itself is an epic failure.

Julius Caesar was absolutely real. There is too much textual evidence from his own time—including works Caesar himself wrote—for there to be any doubt.

Don't trust the video. This is where I would caution: "Think about it." Like almost all Roman emperors, Caesar didn't care much about Egypt except for the grain and wealth it supplied Rome. Where does this "Isis" connection really come from, one must wonder?

And Isis was not a virgin mother. She brought her brother-husband, Osiris, back from the dead in order to produce their son Horus.

Actually this is not one of Isis' monikers, of which I'm aware. The goddess bore any number of titles and epithets such as "Mistress of Magic" and "Isis the Great" (Ast wr). The Egyptian term Mri can be translated as "beloved," and while Isis was probably thought of in that way by many ancient Egyptians, it would have nothing to do with the name Mary (which itself is a Greek derivation of the Aramaic name Maryam).

It's not really quite that specific, actually. What's true is that the early founders of Roman Catholicism usurped any number of pagan holidays for their own purposes, thereby helping to make the conversion to Christianity a little bit easier for all of those stubborn pagans.

• Like 1

I see Tutankhaten has already replied to your post but I'd like to weigh in, too. As I recall the etymology for caesar is not well understood. Tutankhaten mentioned the connection with hair and one speculative translation is "hairy." Seems an odd appellation for the most powerful man of his time, not to mention that succeeding imperial rulers would adopt the name for themselves. Whatever the case may be, I know of no translation that would produce "anointed one." We would need someone legitimately proficient in Latin at UM to provide the proper Latin term for "anointed one," and that's not me.

Electus. Latin changed after Christianity to Church Latin, while the old latin was slowly changing to Italian, and new words were coined to fit Christian concepts. Anointed in Roman latin is unix, which is specific to being anointed with oils. Unguents comes from unix. As for "anointed one" in the sense of "chosen one", other than electus, which is elected, there is no Roman latin name, only a Christian era version of the Greek word for "chosen one" Χριστός - Kristos to latin Cristus to English Christ.

various edits while a mess about with kentum changes over, for me, four languages....

ut puer didici

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri

im sorry but kmt_sesh just demolished this post! he made perfect sense and just surgically debunked every point that was made! kmt you should be a guru

Electus. Latin changed after Christianity to Church Latin, while the old latin was slowly changing to Italian, and new words were coined to fit Christian concepts. Anointed in Roman latin is unix, which is specific to being anointed with oils. Unguents comes from unix. As for "anointed one" in the sense of "chosen one", other than electus, which is elected, there is no Roman latin name, only a Christian era version of the Greek word for "chosen one" Χριστός - Kristos to latin Cristus to English Christ.

various edits while a mess about with kentum changes over, for me, four languages....

ut puer didici

Thanks, Tut. I did a little digging myself and came across the fact that our word "anoint" ultimately comes from the Latin verb "to smear." I could not find anything about "Anointed One" in Latin, so I would have to agree with you on that one. Maybe the closest one could get in Latin is the sense of "chosen one" or "favored one."

im sorry but kmt_sesh just demolished this post! he made perfect sense and just surgically debunked every point that was made! kmt you should be a guru

Flattery will get you everywhere, kannin, but I have neither the patience nor the discipline to be a guru. :innocent:

Thanks, Tut. I did a little digging myself and came across the fact that our word "anoint" ultimately comes from the Latin verb "to smear." I could not find anything about "Anointed One" in Latin, so I would have to agree with you on that one. Maybe the closest one could get in Latin is the sense of "chosen one" or "favored one."

Flattery will get you everywhere, kannin, but I have neither the patience nor the discipline to be a guru. :innocent:

wasnt trying to flatter was just stating the truth!

just liked how you broke down every point, and explained everyone of them

• 1 month later...

Jesus=Son of God.

Julius Caesar=Son of the Goddess Venus.

Jesus=Forgiver of sins.

Julius Caesar=Forgiver of sins thru the Goddess Clementia (clemency)

Jesus=Crown of thorns.

Julius Caesar=Crown of Laurel.

Jesus=Betrayed by Judus.

Julius Caesar=Betrayed by Brutus.

Jesus=Speared in the side by Longinus a Roman soldier with a lance. (ExtraBiblical Saint Longinus)

Julius Caesar=Stabbed by conspirators with one being Gaius Cassius Longinus.

Jesus=Served in Gallilee.

Julius Caesar=Served in Gallia (Gaul).

Jesus =Was Batptised in the Jordan river.

Julius Caesar=Rubicon river where Julius Caesar uttered the famous phrase "alea iacta

est" "Let the die be cast" when his army crossed it.

Jesus=Carpenter.

Julius Caesar=Strategic bridge maker heralded in miraculous time with his

advancing armies by building a bridge across the Rhine,and making a show of force in

Germanic territory.

Jesus=The Christian symbol of a dove with an olive branch in it’s beak represents

peace,and a sign of the Holy spirit."Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out

of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God

descending like a dove, and lighting upon him".

Julius Caesar=Doves were used as symbols for the Canaanite mother goddess Asherah, the

Phoenician goddess Tanit, and the Roman goddesses Venus (Caesar's celestial mother).

Jesus=Star of Bethlehem symbolised his birth.

Julius Caesar=Julian star (Sidus Iulium)/Caesar's Comet (Caesaris Astrum) symbolised his birth into heaven.

Jesus=John the Baptist head Decapitated by Herod on request of his daughter,and wife.

Julius Caesar=Caesar's former ally,and former son inlaw (Caesar's daughter Julia

whom previously passed away while giving birth) Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus ordered his severed head

interred in Alexandria,on ground reserved for a new temple to the goddess Nemesis.

Jesus=The first disciples are also disciples of John the Baptist and are

Andrew,and brother Simon Peter.

Julius Caesar=Started out with 2 supporters Quintus Scribonius Curio,and Mark Antony,whom

were also friends of Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus,then helped Caesar in the civil war against

Pompeius.

Jesus=Entry into Jerusalem on a Donkey before his death (Greeted with crowds waving palm

branches).

Julius Caesar=Triumphant entry into Rome before his death would have been on a chariot

with someone holding a golden laurel crown over above his head.(Greeted with crowds

waving palm branches).

Jesus=Relationship with Mary magdelene (Magdelene is Etymology of "Tower";Magdalene

fem. proper name, from Latin (Maria) Magdalena, from Greek Magdalene, literally "woman of

Magdala," from Aramaic Maghdela, place on the Sea of Galilee, literally "tower." )

Julius Caesar=Relationship with Cleopatra VI (The Lighthouse of Alexandria,tower built by the Ptolemaic Kingdom of Greeks that ruled Egypt.Cleopatra (Ptolemiac dynasty) claimed to be the reincarnation of Isis with headress of a towering thrown on top.Her mausoleum is uncertain, though the Egyptian Antiquities Service believes it is in or near the temple of Taposiris Magna (tomb of Osiris,wich is near a reconstruction of the lighthouse tower), southwest of Alexandria near Lake Mariout (The name derives from Mareotis or Marea, the name of the lake,and small Capital in ancient times.Marea is Etymology of Mary The meaning is not known for certain, but there are several theories including "sea of bitterness", "rebelliousness", and "wished for child". However it was most likely originally an Egyptian name, perhaps derived in part from mry "beloved" or mr "love".Cleopatra had a son with Caesar named "Caesareon",and titled "King of Kings".)

Jesus=Visited by Nicodemus (Pharisee and a member of the Sanhedrin) by night.

Julius Caesar=Accused by political enemies of having a secret homosexual affair with king

Nicomedes IV of Bithynia.

Jesus=Hated by the Sanhedrin who plans his murder.

Julius Caesar=Hated by the Senate who plans his murder.

Jesus=Accused by his enemies of proclaiming himself "King".

Julius Caesar=Accused by his enemies of trying to be "King".

Jesus=Portrayed as wearing the red robes of Roman royalty.

Julius Caesar=Wore the red robes of Roman royalty.

Jesus=Crucified on the 15th of Nisan.

Julius Caesar=Stabbed to death on the Ides of March (15th).

Jesus=Hung on a cross.

Julius Caesar =Wax effigy hung on a cross (Tropaion).

Jesus=Affinity for the poor.

Julius Caesar=Affinity for the people.

Jesus=Called the Christ by his followers.

Julius Caesar=Christos to his celestial mother Venus (Goddess of love).

Jesus=Called Savior by his followers.

Julius Caesar=Called Savior of Rome by his subjects.

Jesus=The coming of the Kingdom.

Julius Caesar=The coming of the Roman empire (Under adopted son Augustus Caesar).

Jesus=Roman soldiers cast lots for his bloody robe.

Julius Caesar=Followers fought over possession of his bloody robe.

Jesus=Ascended into Heaven as a God.

Julius Caesar=Ascended into Heaven as a God thru the comet of 44 B.C.E.

Ancient Romans would add water to wine (custom),and Jesus turned water into wine.

Jesus=No proof of existence except for the New Testament,and those that want,or have been indoctrinated to

believe.

Julius Caesar=Actually existed,and was many things including some of the same (in historical context) things believers in Jesus was.

Julius Caesar anointed Christos (Latin anointed with oil) thru the position of Pontifex Maximus (Pope).Deified thru

the Comet of 44 BCE (July birth month) during games in his honor of a vow that he made to

his celestial mother Venus Goddess of Love (Dove symbol) during the Gallic wars.He was

betrayed by Brutus,stabbed by Longinus,and mourners rubbed pyre ashes on their foreheads (Ash Wednesday origin)

on 3/15.The worship of Divus Iulius was made official by decree by his heir Octavian

Augustus(Omen birth thru Atia,a serpent,and Apollo).

Caesar's wax effigy was hung on a Tropaion just like the one Tropaion from the coin of

Caesar's in my profile pic.Caesar's body was on the the Rostra,and the Effigy was held

high so the people in the forum Romanum below can see the wax body cast of Caesar showing

his wounds.Golgatha is "The Place of Skull" according to the NT.The Rostra in Rome was

used at times to show decapitated heads of political enemies.Mark Anthony had Cicero's

hands join his head on the Rostra.

Ethelbert Stauffer was a professor of New Testament Studies,and director of Ancient

History Studies at the University of Bonn Germany.In the 1950's he undertook much

research into the relationship between the Roman sources,and early Christianity.He showed

that the Easter liturgy does not follow the Gospel,but the funerary ritual of Julius

Caesar,and that the Clementia Caesaris was the pre-Christian forerunner of Christ's

forgiveness.'Christus und die Caesaren,Hamburg 1952'

Google each before equal sign.Rostra=Golgotha,Janus mythology=Alpha/Omega

Tropaion=sacred cross,Temple of Caesar=Deified Caesar,Rhea Silvia=Virgin

First Triumvirate=3 wise men,Clementia=forgiver of sins,Capitoline Triad=Trinity

Caesar's Comet=* of Bethlehem (compare 2 images) Chi Rho=1st Christogram

Lictor=12 disciples,Victoria mythology=angel,Saint Longinus=speared Jesus

Saturnalia=Before there was Xmas

Christianity=Invented by the ancient Roman Empire to consolidate.The hostility of Judea

looking for a combination of a millitant/teacher thru Messianic prophecies (When a comet

appeared in late 64 CE (Tacitus, Annals, 15.47),many Jews expected the coming of the

Messiah,and accepted war against the Romans).The Cult of Comet,and Imperial Cult of Caesar thru

Caesar's comet of 44 BCE that deified Julius Caesar led to infighting sects.

http://www.livius.org/caa-can/caesar/caesar_t10.html <---See note #6

http://www.livius.org/men-mh/messiah/messiah_11.html <---Bileams prophecy.(See how flexible Messiah really is)

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Suetonius/12Caesars/Julius*.html

Suetonius,The Lives of the Caesars Life of Julius Caesar P117 84.5

At the height of the public grief a throng of foreigners went about lamenting each after

the fashion of his country, above all the Jews, who even flocked to the place for several

successive nights.(Caesar respected the Temple of Judea)

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Appian/Civil_Wars/2*.html

Appian The Civil Wars Book II P501 147.1

Raised above the bier an image of Caesar himself made of wax.The body itself,as it lay on

its back on the couch, could not be seen.The image was turned round and round by a

mechanical device,showing the twenty-three wounds in all parts of the body and on the

face,that had been dealt to him so brutally.(Tropaion/Mechane)

(Wiki base reference only)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropaion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechane

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Appian/Civil_Wars/2*.html

Appian The Civil Wars Book II P499 146.1

extreme passion he uncovered the body of Caesar,lifted his robe on the point of a spear

and shook it aloft, pierced with dagger-thrusts and red with the dictator's blood.

Whereupon the people, like a chorus in a play, mourned with him in the most sorrowful

manner,and from sorrow became filled again with anger.

"Oh that I should have spared these men to slay me!"

http://www.carotta.de/subseite/texte/esumma.html

http://www.carotta.de/subseite/texte/esumma/33-37.html

The Goddess Inanna of Babylonian mythology was turned into a corpse,then hung on a hook,

after 3 days/nights she was rescued,and she was revived with life giving water.The full

mythos of "Inanna's journey to the Underworld" personifies the orbit/retrograde of Venus,

(which forms the Pentagram) the changing seasons,and the resurrection

excerpt is the winter solstice.Inanna was the Goddess of fertility/love,and later sacred

prostitution (demotion).She inspired the extraBiblical Lilith,and the Whore of Babylon of Revelation.

Pentagram of Venus

The ancient Greek mythology of "Rape of Persephone",ancient Babylonian mythology of

"Inanna and the Huluppu tree",ancient Sumerian mythology of "Enki and the Making of

Man",and "Enki and the Deluge" has many elements of Genesis of the Old Testament.Creation

of man,a sacred tree in a garden,a crafty serpent,a great flood/boat,forbidden fruit,Men

of renown/hero,and Nephilim origin are in these mythos that predate Genesis.The Bible

rewrites these in a monotheistic setting.Ancient Greek mythology "Creusa, wife of Aeneas".Is Lot's

wife in the OT.Put each " " in a search engine.

• Like 1

Sacred Cross

Magic Blood

The Epistles,and the Gospels are the only evidence for Jesus Christ.

Jesus 6 BCE-33 CE ? (We have writings from the turn of the common era by people that kept

track of the cults,miracle workers etc,but no mention of Jesus)

Epistles 51-58 CE (Paul's letters from his revelation of the resurrected Jesus from a

vision,which made him blind for 3 days)

(Romans Sack Judea 70 CE)

Mark 65-70 CE (all 4 Gospels are from unknown Greek educated writers like Roman priests)

Matthew 75-80 CE

Luke 75-90 CE

John 85-100 CE

Josephus in Testimonium Flavianum Antiquities of the Jews 93-94 CE mentions Jesus,and as

the Christ.The wording of the passage makes Josephus a pious Jew sound like a Christian,

and does not fit his style of writing,suggesting a later forged adaptation.First qouted

by Eusebius (315 CE),but not mentioned by earlier apologists Justin Martyr,Clement of

Alexandria,Tertullian,and *Origen (140-230 CE).The passage conflicts with Josephus's own

belief that Vespasian is the Messiah (Title).

The James passage in Josephus's antiquities 20.9 "The brother of Jesus,who was called

Christ,whose name was James".This is interpolation using Matthew 1:16 "Who is called

Christ".In 20.9.4 of antiquities Josephus writes "James is brother of Jesus Bar Damneus".

Earl Doherty (Author of 'The Jesus Puzzle')"A good case can be made for saying that

Josephus wrote nothing about Jesus and was probably unaware of any such figure."Apologist

*Origen mentions this passage,but not the other.

John Remsburg,in his 1909 book 'The Christ',stated:"To identify the James of Josephus

with James the Just,the brother of Jesus, is to reject the accepted history of the

primitive church which declares that James the Just died in 69 CE, 7 years after the

James of Josephus was condemned to death by the Sanhedrin."

Search "Eusebius forgery"

Josephus continues:

"... Albinus complied with what they said, and wrote in anger to Ananus, and threatened

that he would bring him to punishment for what he had done; on which king Agrippa took

the high priesthood from him, when he had ruled but three months, and made Jesus, the son

of Damneus, high priest."

Josephus tells us precisely who James is the brother of – Jesus bar Damneus!

Tacitus in 116 CE mentions Christus (title),and Christians (cult).This is evidence of

Christians,not evidence of Jesus the Christ.Search "Tacitus forgery"

Pliny the Younger in 110 CE mentions that "Christians were singing a hymn to Christ as to

a god".There were several people claiming to be a Messiah/Christ back in those times.

Suetonius in 121 CE mentions Chrestus (personal name),and Christians,and he maybe

repeating what others have told him about this cult,or cults.

Lucian of Samosata(circa 125 - 180 CE)A second-century satirist named Lucian wrote that

the basis for the Christian sect was a “man who was crucified in Palestine,”but this is

merely repeating what Christians believed in the second century.Lucian does not mention

Jesus by name.This reference is too late to be considered more direct historicalevidence.

No work of Thallus survives.Here is a quote about him from Richard Carrier:"We know next

to nothing about Thallus or his works.We don't even know if he wrote only one book or

several.The only information we have about him,even his name,comes entirely from

Christian apologetic sources beginning in the late 2nd century,and that information is

plagued with problems."

Bart Ehrman,Did Jesus Exist?:"The Talmud is a collection of disparate materials from

early Judaism.Most of the material relates to the early rabbis.The collection was put

together long after the days of Jesus."

Mara Bar-Serapion(circa 73 CE?)Fragment of a personal letter from a Syrian named Mara

Bar-Serapion to his son in prison that mentions that the Jews of that time had killed

their “wise king.”The NT claims that the Romans,not the Jews,killed Jesus.The Jews had

killed other leaders;for example,the Essene Teacher of Righteousness.If this truly is a

report of a historical event rather than the passing on of folklore,it could have been a

reference to someone else.

Celsus:A late 2nd century Greek philosopher was an opponent of Early Christianity.He is

known for his literary work "The True Word" (C.177 CE) which survives exclusively in

early Church apologist Origen's (184-254 CE) quotations from it in "Contra Celsum".This

is to late to be evidence of Jesus Christ

Edited by davros of skaro