Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

why did you choose your avatar?

shephardess

I collect and restore dolls, I chose this picture of a Chinese Barbie doll because she is one of my favorites and because she looks calm and collected, attributes I wish to cultivate in myself.

• Like 4

A colleague of mine said that when he saw a picture of a three toed foot he would have seen everything, so I photoshopped him one. Been using it as my avatar ever since.

• Like 3

I chose mine because I am a huge fan of the rock group Rush. 2112 is my favorite album of all time. I like the symbolism of this picture as it relates to the story of 2112. The "Red Star" represents the Temple...the priests...aka...the establishment. The "starman" is pressing against and trying to hold it back....I like that symbolism of resisting the establishment.

• Like 4

I change my avatar quite often but I've stuck with this little fellow for a while just because he makes me smile :D

• Like 4

I chose mine because it's from Doctor Who and it expresses perfectly my first reaction to 90% of what I read here.

• Like 5

Many folk seem to think that my avatar is the symbol of Re(Ra) in the Egyptian pantheon of gods, but it is actually the symbol of the god Thoth, the god of the Moon, magic, writing, and knowledge. One of my patron deities.

• Like 3

I change my Avs often and they usually have some allusion to water since I live near the coast and love the water. But the current one reflects my absolute love of dogs and especially Beagles :) I actually had been considering changing it to a pic of my puppy Fred but had decided not to because his face was almost identical to Yam's dog AV. Only Fred was all Black.

• Like 3

Because I like pictures of beautiful scenery. And I know this one is fake, but I still like the colors.

• Like 5

Mine is always of one of our pets. This time it's Aussie one of dads Water Dragons

• Like 3

Because that guy in my avatar pic is awesome ....

• Like 4

First one, and one I had the longest was our Wolf Sakari...

Second one, was Myself and Sakari.....

Third was the second longest....Myself and My ex Motorcycle.

Current one......I had a recent scare, and battle with a malignent Melanoma. Had Cancer surgery, and I am fine now. Changed my life....This Avatar will stay for a very long time.

• Like 7

I used to us a GIF of Zarkor and Zerak, my space alien friends, but now It's Big Brother from a "1984" movie. I just think it's appropriate right now, and maybe for the foreseeable future. I'm not a pessimist, though I think we should remain aware of the world we now live in, and its possibilities for good or for not-so-good.

• Like 3

I'm a sci-fi fan, and my favourite movies was Star Wars. Thus a favourite quote of mine is "come too the dark side of the Force". I just find a child-like juxtaposition of this in the sense going to the Dark Side so I can get cookies.

• Like 4

It fitted the required dimensions... ha!

Mostly because Conrad Veidt is awesome. Conrad Veidt photoshopped as a villain one of his roles inspired: priceless.

• Like 2

I collect eyes for some reason. This one is a dragon's and it's purple.

Obvious really. ;)

• Like 2

I chose mine because it's from Doctor Who and it expresses perfectly my first reaction to 90% of what I read here.

LOL, only 90?

• Like 3

It's easy on the eyes without being "pretty" or pretentious and ideologically neutral.

• Like 2

I am the Devil and I'm here to do the Devil's work.

Just kidding.

I'm not a Setian, but a Satanist. I like the clean lines of the pentagram of Set though, so I use it sometimes.

• Like 2