Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Celebrites using up scarce nutrients

redhen

Hospitals and clinics have been reporting shortages of vital intravenous nutrients usually delivered to premature babies. Meanwhile, celebrities have no problem accessing them to cure their hangovers, energize and beautify them.

"Ever since singer Rihanna tweeted a photo of her IV line in 2012, the practice has also come to be known as the “party-girl drip,” leading people to flock to IV centers to use it as a hangover cure. In Las Vegas, a company called Hangover Heaven offers it out of a bus equipped to run as many as 14 IVs at a time."

"Simon Cowell has said he receives a weekly treatment containing magnesium and other nutrients. At the time of this writing, ASHP (American Society of Health System Pharmacists) reports that there is no magnesium commercially available from any FDA-approved US manufacturers."

And people are glued to their TV's, perpetuating this cult of personality.

Where's that damm asteroid!

Edited by redhen
  • Like 6

This is what everything going on in the world now,is about.

Forced medicine ,keeping supplements from the public. Demanding the public eat bugs,gmos ,and horsemeat.

It's so the rich and famous can hoard all the "good stuff" ,while the real tax paying public is treated like fodder .

This new movie Elysium ,I think is very close to the truth ,as obviously soylent green is turning out to be

• Like 3

They can always get their stuff whether it's drugs or legal stuff, as long as they got money and anyone who doesn't snitch. The legality just makes it easier for them.

It's not that we are treated that way that is wrong, but that we do nothing about it. Or well, if you think treating you that way is not wrong, then there's nothing wrong about not doing anything about it. Except that it's like being a clueless tourist in the airport carrying a package without their knowing and taking the risk without reward nor without their knowing. You dont know what hit you before it's too late, and you're happy because you dont know or you dont care.

I guess it's too much of a bother for most people to do something about anything like this.

• Like 2

2012!!! crap when I was in the army in the 90's we did this. out all night drinking wake up with a splitting headache? no prob. go see the medic he'll hook you right up(to a I.V. bag) to think I was like a celebrity once.

what can we do about it? go to our congressmen? write nasty letters to the studios and networks? cry quietly in our beds?

It's all about the golden rule. he who has the gold.... meanwhile us little peseants in the real world suffer without and have to listen to the hypocrits in hollyweird tell us how we should live our lives.

for some reason I find myself ending every conversation I have with "I don't want to live on this planet anymore!"

• Like 4

I saw something on John Stossel where they were touting these $100,000 electric cars (go green) and they seemed to be implying, the celebrities drive them, therefore so should we. It seems more of the cult of personality thing...never mind the fact that most of us cannot afford to do what the celebrities do, we should do it anyway, and if we can't afford it, and have to walk or ride a bicycle, oh well. I mean I get the same feeling, it's all about kicking the little guy. But the fact that those IV's are not there for somebody who really needs it, and not just because of a dumb hangover that he brought on himself, because some celebrity had a hangover, is pretty disturbing. End of Rant.

• Like 1

i,m not aware of shortage of iv, iirc every surgical supply shop has it. and it has been used to fix hangover for decades, not just by celebrities, but by pretty much everyone that knows how to use it. i have used it too many years ago.

but hey, this is free market world, if you got money you can get anything, and celebs do have money, a hospital that is in financial hole might not.

Maybe just eat decent food and don't drink like a fish?

post-114830-0-17345800-1375374821_thumb.

• Like 5