Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Primary school dinner lady sacked

Commander CMG

• Alison Waldock, 51, apologised for mistake as soon as error was spotted
  • She said it was difficult to keep track of more than 40 students with different dietary requirements with the lists she was given
  • But despite 11 years working as a dinner lady, she was sacked by Queen Edith Primary School in Cambridge

arrow3.gifView: Read more

• Like 2

Political correctness... at ANY COST!

Yeah I feel stupid just thinking it.

• Like 3

One of the lessons of living in a vibrant multi-cultural society, where we must adapt to fit in with our new guests, That'll teach her.

• Like 3

British dhimitude at its best.

Just for contrast, look how such issue is handled in Malaysia:

http://www.scmp.com/...-canteen-toilet

Non-muslim students have to eat in the toilet, in order to not disturb muslim sensitivities.

So the general rule is:

In muslim countries, non-muslims must respect muslim rules.

And in non-muslim countries, non-muslims must respect muslim rules.

Way to go, Britannistan.

Edited by Zaphod222
  • Like 9

Why the heavy-handed approach?

It was a simple mistake, one any of us could have made. I see absolutely no reason whatsoever to fire someone for that.

• Like 6

Why the heavy-handed approach?

Because is about bowing to muslim sensitivities!

Do you really think there would have been anything like that if she had served beef to a hindu? Come on, the headmaster would have yawned at that.

• Like 1

That is stupid and way way over the top. Everyone makes mistakes. I have been mistakenly served pork, so what? I returned it, got an appology and the right stuff, I say thanks, we both smile and thats it. Stuff happens. I can not stand those people who because of their own private agenda make all muslims and islam look bad.

For the sake of normal muslims, UK has to take a tougher stance against those hardliners.

• Like 9

Just wait til Ramadan rolls around again, then you can really see how "cultural sensitivity" (aka submission under islamic law) works in Britannistan. Like e.g. here:

http://www.dailymail...ls-Ramadan.html

It really must feel great to be a parent in the UK...

NB: But I guess he could have sneaked to the toilet. Like in Malaysia.

Edited by Zaphod222

According to the article, even the Muslim groups are saying this is stupid...

According to the article they still say that the lunch lady ows and apology.

An apology for friggin what? For not enforcing Shariah law in a UK school?

Just let that sink in for a moment: In today´s UK, enforcing islamic law is now part of the job description of a state school.

Edited by Zaphod222
  • Like 1

Just let that sink in for a moment: In today´s UK, enforcing islamic law is now part of the job description of a state school.

Well, if I do something wrong, even unintetionaly, out of courtesy I appologize. If the lady in question has applogized it should be sufficient. If not then it was not nice from her but that should be her problem.

I just saw she did appologize. Fair enough. Seems like a nice lady who just made an human error. Hope she gets her job back.

• Like 3

This is what i was referring to: (from the article)

"A British Muslim group has already branded the decision as 'heavy-handed' and an 'overreaction'"

and:

"The Muslim Council of Cambridgeshire called the sacking 'heavy-handed'. 'We are all human beings and all make mistakes.' said a spokesman."

Perhaps this is what you were referring to:

"Founder and chairman Inayat Bunglawala said: 'Dismissing a dinner lady for inadvertantly serving pig meat is an overraction.

'The most sensible way to rectify such mistakes is to improve awareness of the pupils' dietary requirements while apologising to the pupils and their parents.'

I didn't see anything in there that indicated the Muslim community was waiting for any form of apology, unless I missed something...

• Like 6

Political correctness gone mad...

Whatever happened to - Oh sorry about that, lets serve you up something much nicer ?

I am getting tired of political correctness, who ever started that off needed a serious kick up the backside, it has caused more trouble than it's worth..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 5

This case was on morning TV the other day. Although the muslim representative agreed it was heavy handed, towards the end of the interview he began to defend the sacking decision.

This isn't the first time I have heard of this. I worked at a company who cancelled a very long standing catering contract because the company accidently put sausage rolls on a plate with other things and some guy went ballistic because he felt the pork had contaminated the whole buffet.

Maybe schools with such a diverse range of religions and requirements should just not serve pork at all.

There needs to be tolerance on both sides if we are ever want to get away from this ridiculous over sensitivity.

Edited by skookum
  • Like 3

There needs to be tolerance on both sides if we are ever want to get away from this ridiculous over sensitivity.

There are no "two sides". There is muslim supremacy, and there is our choice to submit under it or not.

Alas, as far as Great Britannistan is concerned, the decision has been made to submit.

Edited by Zaphod222

This case was on morning TV the other day. Although the muslim representative agreed it was heavy handed, towards the end of the interview he began to defend the sacking decision.

This isn't the first time I have heard of this. I worked at a company who cancelled a very long standing catering contract because the company accidently put sausage rolls on a plate with other things and some guy went ballistic because he felt the pork had contaminated the whole buffet.

Maybe schools with such a diverse range of religions and requirements should just not serve pork at all.

The TV interview does seem to put a different light on it then...

If it were me and my kid had "special dietary requirements" I would pack them a lunch every day and not depend on some stranger to feed them...

Parents have the ultimate responsibilites in this IMO... (or at least should have)

• Like 1

With food such a sensitive part of the religion, you would have thought a 7 year old would know they could not have. According to the article the child chose it.

Also would the food being served be Halal?

On principle I wouldn't eat anything from KFC as I do not agree with the slaughter method and they have swapped to Halal.

Edited by skookum
  • Like 1

There are no "two sides". There is muslim supremacy, and there is our choice to submit under it or not.

Alas, as far as Great Britannistan is concerned, the decision has been made to submit.

are you going to keep on doing that?

Political correctness gone mad...

Whatever happened to - Oh sorry about that, lets serve you up something much nicer ?

I am getting tired of political correctness, who ever started that off needed a serious kick up the backside, it has caused more trouble than it's worth..

Isn't Political correctness an oxymoron? The most corrupt in society are the politicians themselves :)

• Like 1

Just wait til Ramadan rolls around again, then you can really see how "cultural sensitivity" works.

Ramadan's already been & gone Zaphod, didn't you get the memo....?

• Like 1

Ramadan's already been & gone Zaphod, didn't you get the memo....?

hes a muslim basher