Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dolly scientist supports mammoth cloning

Saru

Valid point, but I don't see a reason not to. If enough samples could be found to breed a small population, the tundra areas could handle this animal back in the wild.

Not sure it would ever get to that.

:tu:

But don't you think the Mammoth went extinct for a reason? I mean If mother nature knows best and I think she does then is it really right to bring an extinct animal back?

I don't think they died out for a 'reason'. TBH I don't know off hand why they died out, but i think nature is just randomess. The dinosaurs died out because eath was hit by a meteor. Is that a logical 'reason' or is it just randomness. And yes I think it is right to bring an extinct animal back. Purely for scientific reasons. For curiosity. But on the other hand, what path would this lead us down? I don't believe in cloning humans, though I'm not religious. I' don't know why I don't believe cloning humans should be done, but to me if feels kinda morally wrong.

Valid point, but I don't see a reason not to. If enough samples could be found to breed a small population, the tundra areas could handle this animal back in the wild.

Not sure it would ever get to that.

noooooooo. I don't agree about reintroducing them to the wild. Nature has changed since they were removed from the food chain. It would not be fair to the animals that exist and thrive in that environment now.

noooooooo. I don't agree about reintroducing them to the wild. Nature has changed since they were removed from the food chain. It would not be fair to the animals that exist and thrive in that environment now.

Since they are herbivours, I don't think it is that big of a deal provided a study is done to back it up. Much of the tundra is pretty baron.