Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Corpses could soon be revived 24 hours after

Big Bad Voodoo

http://www.24tanzania.com/dr-sam-parnia-claims-corpses-could-soon-be-revived-24-hours-after-death/

“It is possible that in 20 years, we may be able to restore people to life 12 hours or maybe even 24 hours after they have died. You could call that resurrection, if you will. But I still call it resuscitation science.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Parnia

If this is achieved, the patient wouldn't have had an NDE, they'd have a DE. I wonder what that would be like.

• Like 2

If this is achieved, the patient wouldn't have had an NDE, they'd have a DE. I wonder what that would be like.

Same as NDE only longer.

• Like 1

Same as NDE only longer

I think the difference would be in NDE it's near death, in being actually dead for 24 hours or some amount of time, it may be a different kind of experience, or no experience at all in this case.

You could be right, of course.

I'm not convinced NDE is an actual spiritual experience, however. I consider it a response of the brain to dying, not to death itself. In my view, being actually dead for some period of time, there would be no conscious experience at all, except for the possible NDE as the person is in the dying-but-not-yet-dead mode.

Oh great... something else to spur on the zombie apocalypse.

• Like 2

Some people need to stay dead.

• Like 5

World war Z will happen !

Do we not start to decompose as soon as we die?

Pretty much yes... And if a person was revived after being dead for 20 hrs or some such they would almost certainly suffer some pretty severe brain damage...

• Like 1

I'd be guessing preservation of the body would be part of the process in attempting a resuscitation after that length of time, particularly of the brain and vital organs. Most of what they would need after that could probably be grown in a petri dish - or already held in reserve by some insurance bank for the more savvy immortal wannabes.

• Like 2

While its an interesting step for science, what about the 'do not resuscitate' (Liverpool pathway issues) with older people, where they essentially let them die? So it may be a lottery type event, choosing who to bring back and who not to?

The "Liverpool pathway" for those who dont know is/was a procedure for letting old people just die, see here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2364029/How-Liverpool-Care-Pathway-used-excuse-appalling-care.html

I can imagine this to be true. They came up with a way to inject oxygen into the blood that can sustain oxygen to the body for an hour by mixind the oxygen with lipids or something like that. So bringing someone back to life after hours may be possible

Why on earth are people so afraid of dying?

This disturbs me.

• Like 3

This disturbs me.

Im not. Just afraid I will not finish my plans. Plus I believe that when we die that all mysteries become known. And I still want to explore on my own.

Edited by the L
  • Like 1

This would be great for law enforcement with vcthose that died wrongful deaths. Imagine being able to put the finger on someone who tried to kill you once and sending them away for life...

This disturbs me.

Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.

• Like 3

Reckon if it does work, I will have to put something in my living will about not reanimating me. Once I am gone, I want it to be permanent.

There have been cases in recent years were people who were seemingly dead, like in hospital pronounced dead, that have come back to life on their own after many hours, so maybe it will be possible to revive someone after 24 hours. The issue of course is whether brain function returns to normal, or if there is too much damage from being starved of oxygen.

This begs the question do you we die after are brain or heart stops? Or do we die when are Souls leave the body? And if we truly do have Souls does are Soul reside within our body's Cells? And then once every single Brain Cell is dead do we die then?

This disturbs me.

I don't want to die. I like thinking and seeing the world change around me. Think of all the people who died over one hundred years ago. Never seeing machines, electronics, medical advances. Now imagine all the cool stuff we're going to miss when we die.

Can't do much when you're dead, not even being able to reminisce about you're life. IMO.

This is to much like Flatliners..