Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Huge Handprint Found in Nevada Cave

Still Waters

Did two Bigfoot hunters stumble onto evidence of a long lost race of giant cannibals in a Nevada cave? They believe that their discovery of a huge, charred handprint backs up their claims of legendary “Red-Headed Giants”.

http://whofortedblog...-fabled-giants/

Those comments...holy hell. A lot of finger pointing at the Smithsonian and talk of global conspiracies to cover up evidence of ancient giants

It doesn't even look like a handprint. I agree Armchair Educated, looks like a fire site.

• Like 1

It is good to have an open mind but not so open your brain falls out. I wrongly expected more, clicked on the link and had no choice but to do a facepalm.

• Like 4

Like all evidence related to bigfoot, even there hand prints are indistinct and blurry.

• Like 4

Like all evidence related to bigfoot, even there hand prints are indistinct and blurry.

Yeah, I guess it makes sense that blobsquatch would leave blobprints.

• Like 4

I'd be hard pressed to say it was a hand print at all.

• Like 1

Did two Bigfoot hunters stumble onto evidence of a long lost race of giant cannibals in a Nevada cave? They believe that their discovery of a huge, charred handprint backs up their claims of legendary “Red-Headed Giants”.

http://whofortedblog...-fabled-giants/

One can merely chuckle at the oversized "Bowie pattern" clip point knife utilized for scale in the photo. A notable reflection on the woodsmanship experience/skills of the intrepid "Bigfoot hunters" (!).

As to the rest of the Lovelock Cave matter: The various fringe "implications" are not supported by the numerous studies that have been conducted in regards to the site area. Sorry, no mythical 18' bipedal "giants".

As always, one must consider the source.

I can see a hand print there, the same as I can see a bigfoot in a photo of a stump in a field, and the same as a I can see a UFO in a balloon in the sky.

• Like 2

One can merely chuckle at the oversized "Bowie pattern" clip point knife utilized for scale in the photo. A notable reflection on the woodsmanship experience/skills of the intrepid "Bigfoot hunters" (!).

I'm not sure why that would make you chuckle? I carry a large fixed survival knife, as well as a couple smaller knives whenever I'm out in the woods. I usually have a side arm and a means of making fire and purifying water. It's all good stuff to have just in case.

• Like 1

I would add that usually when I go out in the woods I look like a cross between a Neo Nazi and Moses, complete with walking staff.

• Like 3

... complete with walking staff.

Walking staffs rock! If I came across the Yowie when I'm out walking I'd like to think that I'd slam my walking staff into the ground whilst commanding:

"YOU ... SHALL NOT ... PASS!"

Plus you can whack them against hollow stumps to stimulate communication via wood-knocks. Useful in a variety of situations, the walking staff is an essential part of the lo-tech monster-hunter's toolkit...

• Like 1

Yeah, I've carried one around with me now for the better part of twenty five years now. I also have a floppy hat and do rag.

Hehe... "do rag"...

I simply don't have the hair I once did. Hey, no one is perfect.

I simply don't have the hair I once did.

Well, I do but it's on my hairbrush. :D

Thank God you had the presence of mind to keep it.

• Like 1

"the proportions of the suspected hand-prints may have belonged to a person roughly 18 feet tall."

[cough]

Really!?

the original skulls and skeletal remains taken from that cave in which the red-headed giant people were burned to death were that of people only 7-8 feet tall.

this finding must be from something else.

BTW, I saw the skulls that were taken from that cave. *very* impressive.

You look at the jaw bone and it reminded me of looking at a motorcycle helmet where it goes under your chin/face, thick... very thick. much thicker than a human's jaw bone

Don't know what they have here. ain't from the red-headed giants, IMO

I don't see a hand...and a close up of the 'dermal ridges' would have been useful.

Plus: 18 feet? Is the cave so high for an 18feet tall humanoid to fit there?