Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

good news thread.

danielost

I feel we need this thread to off set all of thebad news thread.

So if you have some good new post it here and bring a smile to others.

Discussion is good, but be nice.

Thanks.

• Like 3

It would be nice to read some good news stories for once... It would be like an antidote for the bad news we hear each time we switch on the TV or read a news article...

Unfortunately, I don't have any good news to share, I wish I had, but sigh...I might have some soon... *fingers crossed*

I love to hear about people who just landed a new job... Or passed exams,....Had a new baby,..... Bought a new car,... Won some money on the lottery, .....Paid off their mortgage,.... Just got married, .....Just booked a nice well deserved holiday.... They just had a book published,.... Their cat had kittens,...... Their dog no longer goes to have a pee pee on the rug,...Your rotten boss gets fired.... You saw a traffic warden get a ticket,. Political correctness is gone..... And someones noisy neighbours have actually moved out.. Things like that.. :D

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 3

Our youngest son just returned to base after visiting with us last week to find out he made Staff Sergeant!

My husband is doing very very well following his latest surgery!

We met our oldest son's very serious live-in girlfriend this past week for the first time and she is great! They actually met through an on-line dating service and so seem to have found their soulmate! We loved her!

Great much needed week visit with most of our kids.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 6

Tell your son to be safe over there.

• Like 2

My neighbours beautiful, leggy daughter, age 19, has been walking about in a bikini lately! :)

• Like 4

My neighbours beautiful, leggy daughter, age 19, has been walking about in a bikini lately! :)

:w00t: LOLOL!

• Like 1

Look but don't touch, lol

I'd never dream of it, Daniel. I've known her since she was 12 and she's a lovely lass. But the day I can't admire a beatiful lady is the day I'll hang up my boots. (lol)

• Like 2

Oof... let's see.

I've been invited to be a regular on an atheist/theist discussion show, which is pretty cool.

Finally was able to move out and get my own place again in January.

And most importantly, got a new pair of cowboy boots. been wanting those since I was ten.

• Like 5

Recently reached 100 lbs lost, got accepted into a Masters program, cousin had a baby, i accidentally got teh baby drunk, got to laugh for 30 minutes at a drunk baby,.

Some of these may not be true

• Like 4

Recently reached 100 lbs lost, got accepted into a Masters program, cousin had a baby, i accidentally got teh baby drunk, got to laugh for 30 minutes at a drunk baby,.

Some of these may not be true

I am hoping the first part is true of reaching 100lbs, if it is, congrats to you..... The part about getting a baby drunk, I hope that is not true !!!

• Like 1

The 100 pounds is true, the drunk baby wasn't. :yes:

that story is actually something that happened to me with my uncle as a kid.

Apparently he wasn't aware as to how quickly moonshine would affect a baby SkepticalB

• Like 1

Oh yeah. I got to go to Vegas for TAM and meet several people I respect from the skeptical/atheist movement and loose all of my money. Even the stuff I found on the bus.

I recently had melanoma. Had surgery and the cancer is gone.

• Like 5

Today we had a blackout.

Yesterday the nursing homes nerwork was down, I get on line through their deducated net work from my room. After the repairmen fixed it, I had asked several times for some to turn the router off and on resitting it. They didn't know how. So todays blackout did it for me. So bad things are not always bad. The power was only down for a couple of minutes.

Today I was lucky to live one more day and to see my children grow one day older....it doesn't get any better than that.♥

I hope they know how much you love them.

• Like 1

Today my baby son was handing me his dirty dishes... I was at the sink washing up dishes, even though I have a dishwasher beside the sink, I still prefer to wash up by hand, sad but I like it.. Anyhooo...He was drinking from his sippy cup, saw he had finished and so he popped it into the sink for me to wash lol... Later that night, he had his usual bottle... When he was done, again I was at the sink ( which seems to be my usual spot at home grrr ) and he said - ta ta handing me his empty bottle to get washed... I sighed a good sigh and thought - This is good to know, I hope he continues this, if he does? he would be streets ahead of his big sister and his dad.. :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Enjoy it as long as it lasts, which I hope is years. Also remember these times when he gets in trouble.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not MY good news but I wanted to share:

Meet Billy Ray Harris, a homeless man who returned an engagement ring worth thousands after a woman accidentally dropped it into his change cup. The owner of the ring was Sarah Darling. Ms. Darling and her fiance set up a fundraising page to thank him. With the $180,000 raised from public donations, Mr. Harris has been able to buy a house and get a job.

Homeless_zps72d608ee.jpg

• Like 1