Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Closing US Embassies on Sunday

and-then

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23544515

This is an odd story to me. Apparently intel has found an attack to be possible - on a specific day (Aug 4, Sunday) so all M.E. Embassies will be shuttered for the day. For the DAY. So is Al Quaida like vampires or something? They can only strike on Sundays? It just seems odd.

• Like 3

If you want a non-conspiracy explanation, then I think the most plausible one would be they've gotten a new schedule-maker, a younger chap who ain't the religious sort, and considers other points over religious factors in planning strikes. Astrologically speaking (I dont take fixed stars to account here), seems a very good day for terrorism though not the best of the year I think. Moon closes in with mars, past tensions can spark violence. Considering the past USA has in global politics, it's wise to be wary of this kind of a transit. Also Uranus trining Sun, hasty, rebellous decisions are more favorable than usually, and both are in fire so instinctual, going by hunch -decisions. Easily taunted and incited. Also a good time for the officials to taunt the public to do something stupid. From my perspective, doesn't seem odd at all, they must have someone doing astrology for them, the intelligence agencies. These kinda things are very easy to spot from chart and can give you the advantage of knowing which days you should pay more attention to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-23544515

This is an odd story to me. Apparently intel has found an attack to be possible - on a specific day (Aug 4, Sunday) so all M.E. Embassies will be shuttered for the day. For the DAY. So is Al Quaida like vampires or something? They can only strike on Sundays? It just seems odd.

Well, what would you suggest they do? Close them permanently? A line has to be drawn at some point...

Someone might be thinking of an attack on the birthday of the current POTUS? How dare they on the most holiest days of the year. Don't they know better?

• Like 1

Just heard about this. Interesting indeed...will keep an eye out over the weekend

Someone might be thinking of an attack on the birthday of the current POTUS? How dare they on the most holiest days of the year. Don't they know better?

What's POTUS?

Well, what would you suggest they do? Close them permanently? A line has to be drawn at some point...

Of course not. But doesn't it seem a bit strange to announce that you have intel for a specific day? Why not just close them as needed but only announce that there is intel of a possible strike - not where or when. Seems like it gives them insight into how they are being penetrated.
  • Like 1

Of course not. But doesn't it seem a bit strange to announce that you have intel for a specific day? Why not just close them as needed but only announce that there is intel of a possible strike - not where or when. Seems like it gives them insight into how they are being penetrated.

Perhaps they felt they wanted people who have business/might have business to do at the embassy Sunday to know that it'll be closed. Perhaps the spokesman said something that, in hind sight, he shouldnt have.

There are so many people working and doing different things in situations like these that you cant expect everyone to make the most rational decision all the time. Theres been a number of times when I've heard someone say something that they realize (afterwards) they shouldnt have said.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, Obama's solar return day, right. He has a very lucky chart. Is it customary to close embassies on the presidente's birthday?

Oh yeah, Obama's solar return day, right. He has a very lucky chart. Is it customary to close embassies on the presidente's birthday?

Not much of what THIS president has done in the past 5 years can be considered "customary". There are those who automatically claim that all indictments of his behaviors are driven by racism but if you look at his predecessors it's easy to see how he has diverged and basically flouted all custom in dealing with the opposition. And far worse than anything he does is the lack of a spine his opposition show. I plan to vote for NOT THE INCUMBENT in 14....

Maybe next week they will be using this as Justification for the NSA Data mining program.I found this one somewhat out of the blue and maybe attached to recent events involving Snowden and Manning.Who Knows ?

Just speculation on my part.

• Like 4

More news but Britain has closed the embassy in Yemen From Sunday and Monday due to "unknown threat"

• Like 2

Business as usual on Monday, they wont attack then because it was planned for Sunday.Stupid Al-Qaida,missed out.

Way to hold a grudge Al-Qaida! Get over that stupid You Tube Video already! :gun:

Whatever happened to the good old days when we would just BEEF up security at our embassies instead of playing Scare-dy Cat?

• Like 1

YOU have a greater chance at being struck by lightning than killed in a terrorist attack.

ONLY fools rush in.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 3

how convenient that the NSA can prove itself useful, now that they're being under fire in the media......

• Like 4

Wait a minute! I just caught something....in the article I read, one of the big 'concerns' was bombs surgically implanted into the body of a terrorist.

BINGO~ we have a winner~~~~~

Coming soon to an airport near you: Mandatory full body scans! Ding, ding, ding!

• Like 1

how convenient that the NSA can prove itself useful, now that they're being under fire in the media......

No kidding....More smoke and mirrors by our government to justify it's mass surveillance of it's citizens....

• Like 3

"unknown threat" huh? From a "Telegraph" article: " The closures follow the interception of messages between suspected al-Qaeda leaders indicating the terror group was on the verge of an attack.

"This is the most serious threat that I've seen in the last several years," said Senator Saxby Chambliss, the leading Republican on the Senate intelligence committee.

...The same Saxby Chambliss who said this> Chambliss was criticized for remarks he made during a November 19, 2001 meeting with first responders in Valdosta, Georgia, where he said that homeland security would be improved by turning the sheriff loose to "arrest every Muslim that crosses the state line." Chambliss apologized for the remarks.

"A spokeswoman for the US State Department said the new closures had been made based on "an abundance of caution" and did not indicate a "new threat stream" in Africa.

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

Apparently UK has asked UK citizens to leave immediately and Yemeni army has been called up.

If this is genuine I think an attack on the Yemeni government will be likely attacked

wait I am confused what has Yemen got to do with anything? Maybe I haven't been reading enough news.

Also if nothing happens while everything is closed then what? Or what if because this news is all over the internet the "people" or "group" wait and attack when everything reopens.

wait I am confused what has Yemen got to do with anything? Maybe I haven't been reading enough news.

Also if nothing happens while everything is closed then what? Or what if because this news is all over the internet the "people" or "group" wait and attack when everything reopens.

Yemen is a hot bed of terrorism and has been for a long time. Strapping on a bomb and walking into a market place can happen at the drop of a hat...but a well orchestrated, well planned attack cannot..it has a time line and if you throw off the time line then you mess up the plan...hopefully long enough to get more intell on what is actually being planned and be able to permanently thwart it...like, by killing some key players.

• Like 1

Remember how Obama declared that Al Quaeda is on the run?

Look who is on the run now.

What a pathetic failure.