Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bear steals a dumpster and tiptoes away

EllJay

A bear steals a dumpster and tiptoes away into the night.

He was caught on camera stealing leftovers from Colorado's Edelweiss Restaurant.

Their "menu" was so good that the bear decided to show up the next night for an extra-portion. Also this time he tiptoes away into the night with his dumpster. Soon, I guess, they'll have to charge him.

http://youtu.be/zenBPyqbOOc

Edited by EllJay
  • Like 4

OMG! I love it!

It looks "trained", but I can't rule out a clever wild bear. It would have to have a reason for moving the dumpsters, imo. Taking them somewhere to knock them over to get to the stuff inside easier without having to constantly nose under the lid? To share with cubs?

Very funny, and clever!

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

Dagummit! Yogi bear is at it again! Where's Ranger Smith when you need him?!

• Like 1

Great video. I always enjoy that moment when you're watching an animal figure out a solution to a problem. Not saying i'm surprised or anything just enjoy it. I remember the look my cat had when he realised he could slide my bedroom window open.

• Like 1

bears are such talented opportunists. there's not much that they won't do to try to get food. i've got some friends who work on a state park, and they get people every year leaving coolers out, because they think that bears can't get in to coolers.

ain't no cooler built that can stop a bear. and just like this, they like to carry them away into the woods for some private dining.

• Like 1

The dumpster-stealing bear reminds me a bit of the three legged bear. She looked like a posh old lady when she walked. All that's missing was a purse in her paw.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by EllJay
  • Like 1