Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost On TrailMix Caught By Camera

Brian Topp

http://www.katu.com/news/weird/-Did-a-timelapse-capture-a-ghost-218152901.html

MILTON-FREEWATER, Ore. - Here's one for the unexplained mystery files - a spooky image captured during a photo shoot.

Do you see what's to the right of the tree? Kind of looks like a figure of a person, doesn't it? And it's got Nathan Ziegler, the photographer, more than a little baffled.

You see, he set up a camera at the Old Pioneer Cemetery in Milton-Freewater, Ore., and let it run on its own for a few hours. What he wanted was a nice time-lapse of the sunset. What he got was a strange image that appears only in one frame and then disappears. Ziegler shows what he captured in this video:

He can't figure out that some guy had 30 seconds to walk thru his field of view?

• Like 2

http://zigspics.com/cemeteryupdate/

Cemetery-3-1024x611.jpg

It's clearly a dude walking near the tree. He even photographed his friend in the same place and it looks the same, but like a lot of "paranormal" photos, he's making up tenuous excuses for why it isn't what it obviously is. He says he timed his friend and it took 28 seconds to walk across the frame closer to the camera therefore it wasn't someone further away walking across the frame and only caught once (the camera was taking photos every 30 seconds). If the guy had walked across the entire field of view he had 30 second to get from the right of the frame to the tree and 30 seconds to leave, giving him twice as much time as his friend took to walk the same distance. So what's the problem?

Ghost my ass. It's just some dude walking through the cemetery and Mr. Ziegler is desperate to explain why it isn't what is obviously is.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 1

i know this may sound dumb but... couldn't it be a bug on the lens or a bit of grass?

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 1

Possibly, but it does look like a dude walking along, compared with the shot of an actual guy walking in the same place. The horizontal motion blur would also make sense given a longer exposure time (to compensate for low light) of someone walking horizontally across the frame.

Either way, I don't get the mystery surrounding it. But I rarely get the mystery surrounding ghost pics.

• Like 1

Last night I felt like looking for this cemetery on Google Earth to see if there's a sidewalk/path near and I know I suck at it because I wasn't able to find it. Did someone else try this?

I took a picture but I don't know if I have the correct direction (where he was filming)

googleearth.jpg

Edited by MrBene