Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lawyer tries to overturn Jesus' conviction

Still Waters

A Kenyan lawyer has petitioned the International Court of Justice to overturn the trial and conviction of Jesus Christ and his subsequent death sentence.

Dola Indidis, a former spokesman of the Kenyan Judiciary, is attempting to sue, among others, the Republic of Italy and the State of Israel over the execution of the Christian Messiah.

http://www.dailymail...nded-Jesus.html

• Like 1

http://biblehub.com/matthew/23-12.htm

A Kenyan lawyer has petitioned the International Court of Justice to overturn the trial and conviction of Jesus Christ and his subsequent death sentence.

Dola Indidis, a former spokesman of the Kenyan Judiciary, is attempting to sue, among others, the Republic of Italy and the State of Israel over the execution of the Christian Messiah.

Quote from the article:

According to the New Testament, the Messiah ran into trouble after performing miracles and claiming he was the son of God, prompting Jewish authorities to arrest him on charges of blasphemy.

---------

Makes me think of this verse from the bible:

http://biblehub.com/matthew/23-12.htm

For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

The Republic of Italy wasn't even established until the 1800's; he can't mean the Vatican (also a sovereign state), as there were no 'Roman Catholic' authorities functioning in Palestine circa 30-33 A.D. St. Peter had just bailed on his first assignment. As for the State of Israel, perhaps there is a need for Special Prosecutor Mel Gibson, who repeated the "blood libel" against the Jewish people in his film "The Passion of the Christ;" but actually theocracy was crushed numerous times in Jerusalem and thereabouts between 70 AD and 1948 AD.

What the good lawyer really could use is a time machine to get on the track of those originally implicated.

• Like 1

The Republic of Italy wasn't even established until the 1800's; he can't mean the Vatican (also a sovereign state), as there were no 'Roman Catholic' authorities functioning in Palestine circa 30-33 A.D. St. Peter had just bailed on his first assignment. As for the State of Israel, perhaps there is a need for Special Prosecutor Mel Gibson, who repeated the "blood libel" against the Jewish people in his film "The Passion of the Christ;" but actually theocracy was crushed numerous times in Jerusalem and thereabouts between 70 AD and 1948 AD.

What the good lawyer really could use is a time machine to get on the track of those originally implicated.

What the lawyer could use is a brain.

Oi vey.

Wouldn't they have to prove he was a real person first. It is all just hearsay. That might be kind of tough.

Did anyone not inform the idiot that Jesus was meant to be a sacrifice for the sins of mankind? It was his fathers plan?

I hate these things, this tires in with some that claim - Jesus was murdered...they forget the reason why they have salvation amongst everything else..

Personally, I'm more worried about "the Jews killed Jesus' angle myself. Other than that, seems like this "lawyer" is trying to make a quick & sleazy buck.

• Like 1

Did anyone not inform the idiot that Jesus was meant to be a sacrifice for the sins of mankind? It was his fathers plan?

I hate these things, this tires in with some that claim - Jesus was murdered...they forget the reason why they have salvation amongst everything else..

Wouldn't that make it suicide by cop then?

as one member said, he was not murdered, he was executed by law of the state.

Edited by the L

Personally, I'm more worried about "the Jews killed Jesus' angle myself. Other than that, seems like this "lawyer" is trying to make a quick & sleazy buck.

Oh yes he will be probably accused if not charged for antisemitism.

Oh yes he will be probably accused if not charged for antisemitism.

Somehow, I do not think that Kenya has very many anti-Semitic laws on the books

Somehow, I do not think that Kenya has very many anti-Semitic laws on the books

Neither Nazi Germany had but they were accused.

Wouldn't that make it suicide by cop then?

No.. He was sentenced to death, they would have caught him eventually.. All he did was hand himself over after one of his friends grassed him out lol ( Grass on someone is lang for rat on your friends ..tout )

This is just plain silly... Would the World Court even have any jurisdiction to try this case?... The events happened WELL before the courts existence, neither nation

involved in the event still exist, and there exists no transcript of the trial, all the evidence is long turned to dust - and perhaps it crosses over the Church-State boundry...

- but I have to admit it would be interesting to stage a mock trial with a prosecutor (representing Rome/Judea) and a Defense Attorney representing Jesus...

using as much factual evidence as possible...

Of course they would have to use Roman Law, as you really can't judge things that happened that long ago by current social/legal standards...

A totally non-binding decision, just for the novelty of it...

Edited by Taun

The legal successor to the Roman Empire, if anything is, is the Catholic Church. So he should sue them.

The legal successor to the Roman Empire, if anything is, is the Catholic Church. So he should sue them.

That is analogous to stating, "the legal successor to King Arthur is the Anglican Church," or, alternatively, "the legal successor to the Mayflower Compact signatories is the United Church of Christ."

That is analogous to stating, "the legal successor to King Arthur is the Anglican Church," or, alternatively, "the legal successor to the Mayflower Compact signatories is the United Church of Christ."

The Catholic Church became an integral part of the Roman state in the 4th century, and after the fall of the empire inherited much of its wealth and administrative functions. In the early middle ages the Church used this fact to its advantage, claiming lordship over kings and princes.

No.. He was sentenced to death, they would have caught him eventually.. All he did was hand himself over after one of his friends grassed him out lol ( Grass on someone is lang for rat on your friends ..tout )

Was that before or after he told Judas to leave his wife alone, that she was his?

• Like 1

The state of isreal wasn't established until the 1900s. The jews did nipot order his death, pilot did. I heard that pilot died a christian. There is no conection between the romen empire and italy. However the vatican is what s left of the roman empire's government.

Neither Nazi Germany had but they were accused.

Nazi germany didn't need but one law, kill the jews.