Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts

RM_1

Hi

New to this, and looking for advice as things have just got a little weird lately. When i was very young I had experiences with a malevolent ghost. It used to terrorise me in the night and used to follow me around the house, he wanted to take me away... Things shook in house etc so my parents eventually got a team of spiritualists to my house to bless it, a team of 12 of them came and did this for us. My mother and father were sceptical but things didnt add up to what was happening in the house, even my sisters were scared.. They all confirmed a ghost was present in the house and one woman was scared profoundly by what was in the house. They said they got rid of the spirit for good.

Since then there was no problems and as I am a lot older now, I put it to back of mind but told people who asked about that before as it was raised in discussions in past. People were always sceptical but seeing is believing so to speak and I appreciate that...I would be the same if i hadnt experienced it.

Over past year though some little things have been happening. About 6 months or so ago, I was in my bed, relaxed and then i just heard footsteps, didnt think about it overly but i turned facing towards my open bedroom door and a dark figure appeared, body shaped, and looking to walk towards my bed, i got a feeling that the spirit was evil in a way, i sat up, stood up and said in plain certain and profound terms to it that i wasnt scared of you so leave me alone, and then it disappeared...i wrapped myself in covers and slept on and off for rest of night...

About 7 weeks ago, I went to toilet during night and walking back through hall to bedroom and i just felt the need to look round as felt something was there, my livingroom door was open and i seen a man walking through the livingroom coming via the fireplace wall walking out towards the window in opposite wall, i felt no malevolence from him but he just looked at me and continued walking as if he was just passing through. I ran into bedroom and closed door.

Last night, i was lying in bed next to my partner and i just woke up feeling rather colder than usual but had sinking feeling that something was watching me. I felt very uncomfortable and scared by what was, just the feeling that I got. I looked around the room but nothing was there, I could also see my breath which is rather unusual. My bedroom is usually not that cold in the evenings.

I am looking for advice really about it all and what i should do...my partner thinks its all in my head but from past experience I dont think so...

Cheers.

Have you considered that you might be psychic? You could try and look into it.

Your experiences spell out that you pick up on spirits.

Welcome to the forum :)

I would suggest getting a psych evaluation before anything, just to be safe that it's not in your head.

• Like 2

I would suggest getting a psych evaluation before, just to be safe that it's not in your head.

Not everyone who can 'see' things, need a psych evaluation, and it's rude to jump to that conclusion right out of the box that they need to be put on medications by a scheister pushing poison, as that's all doctors do for you in such a situation now.

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

Not everyone who can 'see' things, need a psych evaluation, and it's rude to jump to that conclusion right out of the box that they need to be put on medications by a scheister pushing poison, as that's all doctors do for you in such a situation now.

But it is an easy way to eliminate the possibilities so i fail to see why it is wrong to get a psych evaluation. As i said, many people come here with problems have issues, some even ADMIT they are even bipolar or suffer skitz.

• Like 2

But it is an easy way to eliminate the possibilities so i fail to see why it is wrong to get a psych evaluation. As i said, many people come here with problems have issues, some even ADMIT they are even bipolar or suffer skitz.

.When someone asks about the occult, on an occult forum , and its their first post , non psychiatrists , telling them to go for a psych eval , so their posts on said forum more conform to the skeptics standards, is RUDE.

When it was done to me , when I was new here , I pretty much told the people saying it to me, to **** off.

Go figure

If skeptics dont Iike the occult posts , they should ignore them .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

I don't dislike them, but I don't see a reason to jump over science having a way to explain a situation.

• Like 2

If skeptics dont Iike the occult posts , they should ignore them

As Simbi well, This is a discussion forum, you seem to not understand this.

• Like 1

Ohhhhhh, well now it makes more sense.

I still don't care on a personal level, but the piece of that puzzle is set now

Edited by SkepticalB

I never understand the reluctance of 'experiencers' to seek medical advice first.

When someone is having frightening experiences, I would have though the prospect of a diagnosis and treatment to make it go away would be highly attractive, and would far outweigh any fears of being labeled 'mental' or whatever.

Just to reaffirm folks i aint in no need of what you americans call a 'psych evaluation'.... i am perfectly sane...fact that there is over 15-20 witnesses to what happened in my youth, suggests otherwise...i wouldnt go as far to say i am psychic but due to past experience I believe there is a possibility, i am all for scientific questioning to the possibilities raised as i said before, i would be unless i hadnt experienced it...

Just to reaffirm folks i aint in no need of what you americans call a 'psych evaluation'... i am perfectly sane...

I am going to stop you there, Just like people who horde, bipolar, skitzo, have a drug addiction, drinking problem would say. Not say YOU are but the truth is most people do not realize they need help until some one else steps in. We aren't recommending you get a psych but more talk to a doctor or councilor about this.

fact that there is over 15-20 witnesses to what happened in my youth, suggests otherwise...

this witnesses were all together or are you collecting data during that time period?

i wouldnt go as far to say i am psychic but due to past experience I believe there is a possibility,

Double standard there.

i am all for scientific questioning to the possibilities raised as i said before, i would be unless i hadnt experienced it...

No you are not, you show this by your post and refusal to consider a psych evaluation.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I find you quite frankly rude brian, your sceptism is a little weird mate if i am honest, you discount everyone at every turn, ( i have seen a few of your posts on other stories left here)...dont you consider yourself a little closed minded?.

In answer to one of your questions, no collecting of data just fact was over 15 witnesses to testify to fact a spirit was present or you going to argue with that fact for scientific proof?.

About 7 weeks ago, I went to toilet during night and walking back through hall to bedroom and i just felt the need to look round as felt something was there, my livingroom door was open and i seen a man walking through the livingroom coming via the fireplace wall walking out towards the window in opposite wall, i felt no malevolence from him but he just looked at me and continued walking as if he was just passing through.

I'm curious to know: the man, what did he look like? (young? old?); how was he dressed? (in modern clothing or more old fashioned?) Did he seem lit by the lighting from inside the room or hallway, or did he appear indistinct or disassociated from the setting?

When you say that you had got up to go to the bathroom, you may have been semi-awake and experiencing what is termed a hypnopompic hallucination. From my own experience, I know this state can produce a totally convincing hallucination. At one time, I was working very long hours as a delivery driver/labourer, and I awoke one night, in my bedroom, to find myself at the bottom of a lift shaft - associated with one of the service lifts of a shopping centre I regularly delivered to. The hallucination lasted about thirty seconds, encompassed the entire bedroom and everything in it. It was totally realistic, then it faded back into reality.

I'd get it checked out by some mediums in your area, if you have any.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

New to this, and looking for advice as things have just got a little weird lately. When i was very young I had experiences with a malevolent ghost. It used to terrorise me in the night and used to follow me around the house, he wanted to take me away... Things shook in house etc so my parents eventually got a team of spiritualists to my house to bless it, a team of 12 of them came and did this for us. My mother and father were sceptical but things didnt add up to what was happening in the house, even my sisters were scared.. They all confirmed a ghost was present in the house and one woman was scared profoundly by what was in the house. They said they got rid of the spirit for good.

Since then there was no problems and as I am a lot older now, I put it to back of mind but told people who asked about that before as it was raised in discussions in past. People were always sceptical but seeing is believing so to speak and I appreciate that...I would be the same if i hadnt experienced it.

Over past year though some little things have been happening. About 6 months or so ago, I was in my bed, relaxed and then i just heard footsteps, didnt think about it overly but i turned facing towards my open bedroom door and a dark figure appeared, body shaped, and looking to walk towards my bed, i got a feeling that the spirit was evil in a way, i sat up, stood up and said in plain certain and profound terms to it that i wasnt scared of you so leave me alone, and then it disappeared...i wrapped myself in covers and slept on and off for rest of night...

About 7 weeks ago, I went to toilet during night and walking back through hall to bedroom and i just felt the need to look round as felt something was there, my livingroom door was open and i seen a man walking through the livingroom coming via the fireplace wall walking out towards the window in opposite wall, i felt no malevolence from him but he just looked at me and continued walking as if he was just passing through. I ran into bedroom and closed door.

Last night, i was lying in bed next to my partner and i just woke up feeling rather colder than usual but had sinking feeling that something was watching me. I felt very uncomfortable and scared by what was, just the feeling that I got. I looked around the room but nothing was there, I could also see my breath which is rather unusual. My bedroom is usually not that cold in the evenings.

I am looking for advice really about it all and what i should do...my partner thinks its all in my head but from past experience I dont think so...

Cheers.

Jot some quick notes and keep a journal about what happens and when... you may start to see a pattern. Also ask your partner to let you know if they spot or feel anything unusual. From your description of the apparition it looks like it may be residual rather than active. And as was suggested in an earlier post, you may be a bit psychic, but are probably at least a 'sensitive' and able to tune into your environment more readily than others.

I'm curious to know: the man, what did he look like? (young? old?); how was he dressed? (in modern clothing or more old fashioned?) Did he seem lit by the lighting from inside the room or hallway, or did he appear indistinct or disassociated from the setting?

When you say that you had got up to go to the bathroom, you may have been semi-awake and experiencing what is termed a hypnopompic hallucination. From my own experience, I know this state can produce a totally convincing hallucination. At one time, I was working very long hours as a delivery driver/labourer, and I awoke one night, in my bedroom, to find myself at the bottom of a lift shaft - associated with one of the service lifts of a shopping centre I regularly delivered to. The hallucination lasted about thirty seconds, encompassed the entire bedroom and everything in it. It was totally realistic, then it faded back into reality.

In answer to above mate, i was fully awake although tired as had been putting off going to the toilet. The man was not that old, say 20-40 from victorian times by the look of his appearance and clothing, he seemed disassociated from setting but he was lit from outside lighting i.e street lights from the road outside.

Im sorry you had to experience that as a child, If you have lived in your currant home for a long time without anything happening and then a spirit has suddenly appeared, I wonder if you picked it up somewhere? I know that sounds silly but I have heard of spirits 'singleing out people' if thats the right way of putting it and following them home and literally having the feeling of home invasion. This spirit if you say it did not feel nice then i would go with your gut feeling. It could perhaps sense you have had a past with another entity and somehow chose to latch onto you. One way to help get spirits to move on is to use an incense spirit sticks (im not sure what they are called) but i had a problem with spirits a few years back and was recommended by a psychic to burn the incense stick and walk all throughout the house and use it to cleanse any negativity that is there-you just tell the spirit that it is not welcome and this is your home and you have no room for it him/her.Hope everything goes well

• Like 1

I wouldn't trust anything that happens when you're half asleep.

And I'm bipolar type 1.

shazam!