Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Disrespect for those who deserve respect

danielost

We have a bunch of athiest and others, running around the country trying to have all religous symbols removed. They are desrespecting not only those who killed in battle, but they are also disrespecting those who put these monuments up. The sad part is that these men and women died so we had the right to desrespect them. Sometimes when you have a right, such as freedom of speach, you shouldn't exercise it.

Stop this attack on our dead heros and their families.

I remind you, I do not use holy symbols.

• Like 5

I think a point they also forget that, in the U.S. at least, we have freedom of religion. If that offends people's perception of political correctness then they can move to North Korea, where they'll never have to see or hear of religion again!

In all seriousness there is freedom of speech, then there's just being a self rightous dick.

• Like 8

Contracts are different than the government removing symbols.

If a private company decides to not do business w/ someone anymore, that's them using their freedom to express their thoughts.

I agree with SkepticalB in that a private company does have the right to determine how they do business, but the fact that does happen frequently, to me anyway, just says that people nowadays are slowly developing into a bunch of damn toddlers who can't handle a single imperfection in there illusion of how the world revolves around them and their beliefs... woo that was a mouthful!

• Like 3

When I die, I'll probably have a Crucifix on my tombstone. If that offends someone in the future that's their problem. They do not, however, have the right to change my decision based on their offence.

• Like 9

When I die, I'll probably have a Crucifix on my tombstone. If that offends someone in the future that's their problem. They do not, however, have the right to change my decision based on their offence.

It's your own personal tombstone, no worries.
  • Like 1

What symbols are they removing and where? We are a secular nation, I don't want religious symbols on government land or on Government buildings. If you are taking about graves the grave belong to who is in it, so that would be an exception. It took a long time for Wiccans to be able to use a pentacle on their grave stone. So I guess rights are really just for the right religion.

• Like 2

I'm glad we have separation of church and state. This keeps Christianity, Judaism, Islam, etc.. out of our state and federal buildings as well. So there should never be sharia based on our founding fathers wisdom.

Edited by Realm
  • Like 1

Shot in the dark, maybe they mean the Ten Commandments in some courtrooms?

One of the things he's complaining about, to be sure. I was actually at the courthouse in Starke Florida when the atheist monument was unveiled. The judge decided the best option was instead of removing the Christian commandments, to open it up to all.

Which isn't my preference, I'd rather there not be any monuments, Christian or Atheist.

I'm glad we have separation of church and state. This keeps Christianity, Judaism, Islam, etc.. out of our state and federal buildings as well. So there should never be sharia based on our founding fathers wisdom.

Keeps them from putting one of the other groups under their heel. The idea was originally in place mostly due to how the different Christian groups actively discriminated against each other.
  • Like 2

It's annoying when someone starts a thread with a blanket statement and then leaves before clarifying what it is they mean.

• Like 3

I'm going to assume he's jedi by faith and is upset there's no Star Wars posters for national monuments

I'm going to assume he's jedi by faith and is upset there's no Star Wars posters for national monuments

330px-Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage.jpg

• Like 1

330px-Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage.jpg

Love that picture, haha. I concede, government buildings and the like are good line to draw and seperation of church and state is a vital pillar of this country. My problem is with the over statement of political correctness. Yeah I said merry christmas, sorry I don't feel like time to discuss your personal beliefs before trying to spread some goodwill.

I stand by my statement that people need to just stop being d**** and get over themselves.

• Like 3

Yeah, there are definitely a bunch of religion haters in western countries. The thing about Atheism is that they can't really be grouped together. Atheists are like a bunch of random puzzle pieces jumbled together into a box because they just don't fit with any of the puzzles on the table, most not even with each other.

I personally don't care if someone says a prayer in school(as long as it's not the teacher praying during class time and trying to get others to join in) or hangs a cross up in public on a spot they own or are renting. Just as long as they don't actively try and convert me, I'm fine with it.

• Like 1

Love that picture, haha. I concede, government buildings and the like are good line to draw and seperation of church and state is a vital pillar of this country. My problem is with the over statement of political correctness. Yeah I said merry christmas, sorry I don't feel like time to discuss your personal beliefs before trying to spread some goodwill.

I stand by my statement that people need to just stop being d**** and get over themselves.

No one is trying stop people from wishing others Merry Christmas, I wish people Merry Christmas every year.

Rush Limbaugh would argue long....and annoyingly, and smelling of sweat and oxycotin. with you

Rush Limbaugh would argue long....and annoyingly, and smelling of sweat and oxycotin. with you

Yeah, the only people pushing a war on Christmas are the right wing pundits.
  • Like 2

No one is trying stop people from wishing others Merry Christmas, I wish people Merry Christmas every year.

I wish I was that lucky. Hell, I had a friend loose their job because a customer made a fuss about it.

I swear that guy plays a right wing freak for money. How can someone be that over the top!?! It's hilarious!

Yeah, the only people pushing a war on Christmas are the right wing pundits.

That particular bit of PC bull****he bothers me when most others do not. A couple of years ago I was in a LOWES buying some items and when I wished the clerk Merry Christmas she said "happy holidays". In the southeast that hasn't been so traditional and later I learned that she did so due to a POLICY by the management. They didn't want to offend the secular crowd. That's cool, I guess, but what of the crowd that respects the seasonal wishes - who outnumber by a great majority the secular crowd? When the story caught hold, sales dropped enough that the next year (it's a MIRACLE!) suddenly Lowes decides maybe it be airee after all to say Merry Christmas. My point is simply to do as you like but don't ram it down my throat when I'm trying to relax and enjoy what WAS the most peaceful time of year. :)
  • Like 2

My job plays him every day.

every

single

day

My hat is off to you sir. Lets all have silence for our comrade...