Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Disrespect for those who deserve respect

danielost

We are not trying to have all religious symbols remved. Just the ones that appear on state owned land. Having them there violates the separation of church and state.

Those who died in battle died for the laws and freedoms of the US, Including the separation of church and state.

Stop using dead men and women to try to push your own agenda.

No, it is not the way you say it. I have been told I should do my worship only n my home away from my children(I don't have kids). These monuments are to the men and women whi died for you to tell us to remove that cross or not put that star of david on a monument to those who died in the holocaust.

Seattle this week ordered ts employees not to use tge word citizen, because it might upset someone.

The constitution does not say seperation of state and religion. It says congresss shall make any laws to establish a state religion or the freedom to worship any religion. Which is exactly what the liberal courts are doing.

• Like 2

I'm not certain of the full intent of the OP; at the same time, I'm nauseated by the Westboro 'Baptist' Church miscreants who "protest" funerals of some slain US soldiers, Marines, airmen and sailors in the name of their perverted version of 'god.' A civilized society can forge the means to protect freedom of speech and the privacy and dignity of grieving families.

That's one test of a civilized society, anyway. . .

• Like 3

It's your own personal tombstone, no worries.

Unless it is a government cemetary. Then you will want to remove that cross or star of david.

No, it is not the way you say it. I have been told I should do my worship only n my home away from my children(I don't have kids). These monuments are to the men and women whi died for you to tell us to remove that cross or not put that star of david on a monument to those who died in the holocaust.

Seattle this week ordered ts employees not to use tge word citizen, because it might upset someone.

The constitution does not say seperation of state and religion. It says congresss shall make any laws to establish a state religion or the freedom to worship any religion. Which is exactly what the liberal courts are doing.

"Congress shall make no law. . ."

But what is this situation that you refer to in Seattle? Do you have any more information about it?

We have a bunch of athiest and others, running around the country trying to have all religous symbols removed. They are desrespecting not only those who killed in battle, but they are also disrespecting those who put these monuments up. The sad part is that these men and women died so we had the right to desrespect them. Sometimes when you have a right, such as freedom of speach, you shouldn't exercise it.

Stop this attack on our dead heros and their families.

I remind you, I do not use holy symbols.

I thought you were a great supporter and believer in the American constitution. Or is that only when it suits your personal agenda?

You appear to trashing quite a bit of it here. Separation of state and religion, and freedom of speech.

• Like 4

The constitution doesn't mention separation, but the constitution also doesn't say you shouldn't relieve yourself on an electric fence.

They're both just good ideas.

Unless it is a government cemetary. Then you will want to remove that cross or star of david.

However, Veterans' Administration cemeteries have actually expanded the kinds of religious symbols allowed on the gravestones of military personnel. After WWII I believe the "selection was limited" to crosses and Stars of David; by the end of last century numerous options were available, including Star and Crescent for Muslim personnel and other symbols for Hinduism, Buddhism, and many others--including Wiccan (I don't know what the specific symbol is). There is even a particular Lutheran cross option which is on my friend John's marker in Bath National Cemetery, NY.

• Like 1

I don't know what symbols you're referring to exactly, danielost, but I strongly doubt that all those soldiers died to uphold Christianity. In fact in WW1 there was only one nation involved that wasn't Christian (Ottoman empire), and in WW2 there were only 2 (Imperial Japan and the Soviet Union). Am I forgetting the war where the secularist hordes besieged the pious Christian soldiers on Crucifix Hill?

Frankly anyone who goes out of their way to get symbols removed from public is a busybody, plain and simple. Just because I may have common ground with someone like that in regards to atheism, does not mean I am on their side. The way I see it is this; I won't campaign to remove religious idols from public so long as the religious don't campaign to remove advertising with scantly clad women from public. Seems like a fair trade to me. :P

• Like 4

"Congress shall make no law. . ."

But what is this situation that you refer to in Seattle? Do you have any more information about it?

It seems some residents in seattle are offended to being called citizen.

And the term brown bag was a racial slur. Me, I only know its meaning in I brought my lunch from home.

http://news.msn.com/us/brown-bag-citizens-offensive-seattle-ponders

• Like 3

Most of these public monuments were paid for by private money, ie donations. The ten commandments were donated to promote the movie.

So they may be on public land, but the are private property.

However, Veterans' Administration cemeteries have actually expanded the kinds of religious symbols allowed on the gravestones of military personnel. After WWII I believe the "selection was limited" to crosses and Stars of David; by the end of last century numerous options were available, including Star and Crescent for Muslim personnel and other symbols for Hinduism, Buddhism, and many others--including Wiccan (I don't know what the specific symbol is). There is even a particular Lutheran cross option which is on my friend John's marker in Bath National Cemetery, NY.

They did not put crosses on athiest graves, they got a single white pole on their graves. I am glad they are recognizing other religions. I believe the wiccon symbol is a tree, since they are a branch of druids.

The government. shall make no laws that restrict the freedom of religion.

Oh, the mystical power of the almighty religious symbol on government land.

It's a downward spiral to mandatory Bible reading, surely.

God hel... Us help us all.

No wait, we'll just have to put contrasting symbols next to all of the dangerous religious symbols to cancel them out. Genius!

• Like 1

The moment an atheist creates a monument that atheist ceases to be secular. Same to those who want to spread atheism. There is so much irony in militant atheism.

• Like 3

I would like to see more monuments to the peacemakers, personally. And what does religion have to do with our constitutionally protected rights proud armed forces? Surely some of our troops are nonreligious/Christian. And I don't get the beef about school prayer given that silent prayer can be done anywhere anytime. It's not as much about prayer as establishing Christianity as the ascendant religion and that I object to.

• Like 1

I just wish anyone could do what they want.

Yeah laws are a bummer

About being able to freely express a symbol or idea, yes, why, yes they are.

The moment an atheist creates a monument that atheist ceases to be secular. Same to those who want to spread atheism. There is so much irony in militant atheism.

That has already happened. One town refused to remove the ten commandments. They gave tge atheist the right to put up their own monument. They decided on a bench. Sorry I forget the name of the town.?

I believe Wiccans get a Jack O'lantern.

Or maybe thats just what I hope

It was a long hard battle for the families of Wiccan solders to get the pentacles on the stones of those fallen in battle in national cemeteries . I think it was just 2 years ago Wiccans at last were given that option. Your little joke is really in poor taste, but I forgive your ignorance.

Edited by GreenmansGod
  • Like 1

We have a bunch of athiest and others, running around the country trying to have all religous symbols removed. They are desrespecting not only those who killed in battle, but they are also disrespecting those who put these monuments up. The sad part is that these men and women died so we had the right to desrespect them. Sometimes when you have a right, such as freedom of speach, you shouldn't exercise it.

Stop this attack on our dead heros and their families.

You also have a problem with a certain group who call themselves Christians, going all out to insult and to show disrespect for the dead soldiers, claiming god hates dead soldiers, and they picket the funerals to show that their bible says their hate is a bible value...

No one can seem to to anything to stop them, so if they cannot be stopped, then how are you going to stop atheists? Shouldn't you take it step by step, and see if you can put a stop to the bad Christians who are insulting funerals of the soldiers? Then move to the atheists?

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 4