Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Arrested For Stealing Entire Road

Still Waters

A man has been arrested after apparently stealing a complete stretch of road in a remote area of Russia.

The man stole 82 reinforced concrete slabs that formed the route from the village of Parcheg in the republic of Komi to the Vychegda River, the RIA Novosti news agency reported.

It is thought he used an industrial manipulator - a machine that is both a bulldozer and forklift - to dismantle the slabs.

http://news.sky.com/...ing-entire-road

• Like 2

I guess there's nothing better to steal in Russia? Seriously, what thought process ran through that guy's head that eventually led him to steal a road?

• Like 4

In June, another man is reported to have dismantled a bridge over the Nozma River in the village of Frolovo with a welding torch.

On that occasion, a trail of tractor tracks led police to the culprit's home. He also faces a possible two-year jail term.

What's next? A public building?

Stole a road? Dismantled a bridge? That must have taken hours....and nobody noticed anything at all????

LOL

• Like 1

hey, that reinforced concrete is probably worth a nice amount of money! people steal the copper wiring and brick facing out of buildings, why not a road?

Me me me and a little more me please...

You have to be pretty desperate to steal a road or na brigde. I wonder if they actually thought they would get away with it.

• Like 1

hahaha within a few years i ll steal the eiffel tower :D .. bid please start with 1 million !

• Like 1

Seriously, what thought process ran through that guy's head that eventually led him to steal a road?

"Your road is mine, b*tches!" lol

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 2

The Statue of Liberty is made of copper sheeting over steel. The copper is the width of two pennies. Imagine what some enterprising thieves could make if they stole that copper sheeting. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried it before too long. The world is full of thieves.

Russian steals whole road? You're Putin me on.....

• Like 1

no wonder they got caught, they stoled the road so they had no escape route. lol

Edited by mickymanatiso
  • Like 1

Why was he stealing it?

Maybe nobody saw anything because that stretch of road was pretty well deserted. I imagine there are roads in the American West that don't see a vehicle for days on end.

I like the one comment: "Only in Russia." This whole things makes me laugh.

• 2 weeks later...