Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How could you prove time travel?

designer

I was discussing this with my son and everything we came up with could be called a fake. If you took a photo in the past and came back, it would be said to be a photoshop. Just about anything could bring back could be labeled a fake. Artifact, signature, photo, etc. My son said to teleport in front of them, but magicians disappear all the time, who would believe that?

What would be indisputable proof?

• Like 2

What about bringing an old newspaper or manuscript with your signature on it that can be carbon dated to prove its age?

a newspaper from the future for every day for a month put in a safety deposit box for the future, a few horse wins, a few lotto wins.

i would also get the first appearance of superman comics and other superheroes.

use a mobile phone to video jesus and take a few autographed photos lol

Edited by Armchair Educated

use a mobile phone to video jesus

That is why a time machine won't be allowed to be built....cause what if we go back in time and discover that some incredibly famous people never actually existed?

Or were not who or how we were taught they were?

• Like 2

That is why a time machine won't be allowed to be built....cause what if we go back in time and discover that some incredibly famous people never actually existed?

Or were not who or how we were taught they were?

as a christian i have nothing to lose, i could be quite happy as an atheist. my life experiences just make me think otherwise.

as a christian i have nothing to lose, i could be quite happy as an atheist. my life experiences just make me think otherwise.

Maybe it won't affect you but it could change our history and future.

If time travel was actually possible I honestly don't think it would be hard to bring back evidence

What if everything that's said to have happened actually did happen

• Like 2

If time travel was actually possible I honestly don't think it would be hard to bring back evidence

What if everything that's said to have happened actually did happen

Well, yes, that is the other possibility....but I am such an agnostic I would probably stalk a couple of famous people until I have proof everything is real.

lol

I know IF time travel was possible I would go back and figure out who Jack The Ripper was for sure, I mean think about the possible crimes that could be solved even before they happened. anybody see Minority Report :tu:

• Like 1

I know IF time travel was possible I would go back and figure out who Jack The Ripper was for sure, I mean think about the possible crimes that could be solved even before they happened. anybody see Minority Report :tu:

Great idea!

Scary thought: what if people would go back in time to kill some they hate? Or to eliminate competition?

Great idea!

Scary thought: what if people would go back in time to kill some they hate? Or to eliminate competition?

Yeah that would probably be a bad situation.

or i will be viewed as a ranting crazy person and my evidence will be viewed as fake. not changing time too much.

• Like 1

I've always wanted to write a sci-fi story about time travel...

The story would be about a time machine that can't travel back in time but can look back in time and display/record sights and sounds as they really happened...

But the real story would be the court case that would invariably happen... People trying to block certain events (Muslims not wanting their Prophet filmed, Governments trying to

keep some dark secret "dark", etc)... Public concern over privacy, government regulatory types...

I would love to actually hire two attorneys and a judge (real ones but retired) give them the basis of the story and the "science" and then let the case unfold as it will...

Two things prevent me from doing this... The money to hire the three people - and any real talent for writing... sigh...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 4

or i will be viewed as a ranting crazy person and my evidence will be viewed as fake. not changing time too much.

maybe! LOL

Taun: that is a great story line....keep it to yourself and start writing, even if you think you are not good.

I've always wanted to write a sci-fi story about time travel...

The story would be about a time machine that can't travel back in time but can look back in time and display/record sights and sounds as they really happened...

But the real story would be the court case that would invariably happen... People trying to block certain events (Muslims not wanting their Prophet filmed, Governments trying to

keep some dark secret "dark", etc)... Public concern over privacy, government regulatory types...

I would love to actually hire two attorneys and a judge (real ones but retired) give them the basis of the story and the "science" and then let the case unfold as it will...

Two things prevent me from doing this... The money to hire the three people - and any real talent for writing... sigh...

it could be the idea that gets you into writing and hones your skills. im currently writing one at the mo and realised what my strengths and weaknesses are

it could be the idea that gets you into writing and hones your skills. im currently writing one at the mo and realised what my strengths and weaknesses are

But... but... If I start doing that I won't be able to post on here as often... (hundreds of UMers suddenly start chanting "Do it!" "Do It!")....

• Like 5

I'd definitely be interested in reading it Taun

I don't think time travel is a meaningful idea other than the forward sense we have.

This is because my view of time is one of there only exists the present. The "past" is our sense of the way the present was based on the traces it has left us and the "future" is what the continuance of changes to the present will cause it to become. Put another way, we are always in the present, each moment becoming the past.

From the future I'd simply say a newspaper. Then wait for the day to come, and the entire paper should match exactly word for word, when compared to the current newspaper.

From the past, bring me to the future, hell, I'd know me.

I was discussing this with my son and everything we came up with could be called a fake. If you took a photo in the past and came back, it would be said to be a photoshop. Just about anything could bring back could be labeled a fake. Artifact, signature, photo, etc. My son said to teleport in front of them, but magicians disappear all the time, who would believe that?

What would be indisputable proof?

You seem to be taking a bit of a nonsense approach.

yes, deunkers could claim photoshop but any serious examination would reveal the photograph was unendited, video would be even better.

Magicians can only appear suddenly if they have extensive preparation beforehand, if instead you just appear on command in a lab, then that is a completly different kettle of fish.

• Like 1

Go back to the time the Great Pyramid was being built and in that room at the end of the shaft that the robot got some photos of, write "The world will not end on December 21, 2012"

• Like 2

Why aren't we pestered by tourists from the future?

Maybe we are.....but we just don't know about it!

*cues The Twilight Zone theme*

Edited by Aggie
  • Like 2

IF time travel were possible I can pretty much guarantee you that everybody wouldn't have access to it, there would probably be rules that you had to follow also, so you didn't create some type of paradox whatever that paradox may be.