Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I'm so scared. Please help!

Quamille

Hello guys. I made an account just now because I'm really, really concerned and I don't know who to go to without them thinking I'm a weirdo. I honestly don't know what to think..A lot of strange things have been going on in my house in the past week or so and I'm starting to get scared.

Some time last week, my dog came upstairs and didn't want to leave my room. When this happened, I heard someone going through my cabinets downstairs and move the pans around and then footsteps afterwards. I assumed it was my dad but when I went to go see if his car was in front of the house, nothing was there and no one was downstairs. My refridgerator makes weird noises sometimes so I assumed it was that and left it at that. On Monday, I went to go to the my doctor's and when I came back one of the pictures I had framed on the wall was laying on the floor in the middle of the room, same thing with a drawing I had pinned to the wall. My father assumes that it was just the wind from an open window but the pictures are located at the bottom of a staircase and the closest window there is to the pictures is upstairs. It would have made sense if the picture was laying below where it hung but I found it in the middle of the room!

Then today, something weird happened that has me really paranoid. We had a barbeque in our backyard and my dad invited his girlfriend, her son (who is around 20), and her daughter (who is around 23). I had my door closed and spent most of the day downstairs. The son went to the bathroom (which is located next to my bedroom) once, and the daughter went twice. Each time, I had to hold my dog so she doesn't bark at them when they came into the house and went upstairs and both of them weren't holding anything. But when I went upstairs to go to bed, I found an empty orange flavored sparkling water on my bed right next to my pillow. I don't drink that stuff so obviously it wasn't me....

Out of paranoia, I thought someone was in my home so I checked the attic and my dad checked downstairs and obviously no one is there. Right now, I'm feeling a prickly feeling on my skin as I'm typing this....Am I being overly paranoid over nothing? I really don't know what to do and I'm scared.

• Like 1

Hi Quamille. What makes you think this is paranormal, versus just possibly quite human and ordinary burglars or prowlers? I'd trust the growling dog and pay more attention to the people in the house, personally.

• Like 2

if you can do so, have some little cameras set up around in your place. If it is someone sneaking around in your house (which i also think is more likely), you'll get some proof to call in the cops, if it should be something out of the ordinary, you'll have some nice video evidence to show.

Don't be too scared, this still could be just some weird coincidences!

Edited by Jacques Terreur
  • Like 3

Hi Quamille. What makes you think this is paranormal, versus just possibly quite human and ordinary burglars or prowlers? I'd trust the growling dog and pay more attention to the people in the house, personally.

I honestly don't know what to think. Nothing has been stolen or touched other than what I've typed above. Thinking someone was in my house was my first reaction and I immediately got my dad to help me check the house out and found nothing so I'm really unsure.

I'm assuming is paranormal because that's really the only explanation I can think of. :/

Thank you for the response btw.

if you can do so, have some little cameras set up around in your place. If it is someone sneaking around in your house (which i also think is more likely), you'll get some proof to call in the cops, if it should be something out of the ordinary, you'll have some nice video evidence to show.

Don't be too scared, this still could be just some weird coincidences!

Thanks.

I agree, I really think getting cameras installed in the house is the best way to see what the heck is going on. This has never happened before so I'm really paranoid..

Hi welcome to UM. There is nothing for you to be afraid of, as if its any spirit at all it might be a helpful one. You found pictures on the floor that you put on the same wall. The spirit might be showing you not to put anything on that particular wall, for some reason. Do you have a device that locates electric cables behind walls? If not, maybe get hold of one. We use it and find that some walls are full of pipes and wiring so we never drill in there.

Does anyone else other than you have keys to the house?

Regards to your dog being scared, and hearing someone downstairs... might be anything and anyone at this point. I'm certain it wasn't anyone you know because of the dog's reaction, if it was a stranger wouldn't your dog be barking at them? Set up a CCTV downstairs.

The bottle in your room might've been a visitor you had. I'm not accusing your family but someone else could've gone upstairs and left it there. Did you ask anyone who left this bottle? Make sure you close your door (rig it also) next time you invite people over to prevent them sneaking. Stick in a hidden camera in places.

So far I can't be sure if it's all spirit activity but may be the one moving the pictures on the wall could've been a spirit, not the rest.

It's normal to feel afraid when we suspect an intruder has been in our home; it's a natural reaction. But it is also normal to over react.

If you really feel that someone has been/is in your house, call the police. I mean, that's what they're there for. Another bit of advice is tin foil. Tin foil, once it has been disturbed, cannot return to it's previous smoothness. Maybe put some tin foil on the floors/ around the house next time you go out for the day and see what happens. Maybe keep a diary of what happens and such, so you can see when these occurrences are most frequent (for example, they might happen only of certain times of the week or maybe there's some kind of patten)

But above all else, it's important to remain calm and rational. Always try to debunk what you see. While it might LOOK like something but be something different.

Perhaps ask your father's girlfrind's children, next time you see them, if they drank orange drink.

• Like 2

I admit one potential scenario is less creepy and dangerous to me than the other. And it is paranormal.

When this happened, I heard someone going through my cabinets downstairs and move the pans around and then footsteps afterwards.

Taking just this part it sounds like you've got rats.

• Like 1

Another bit of advice is tin foil.

right there i feared your advice would be making a hat out of it! :D

Thanks.

I agree, I really think getting cameras installed in the house is the best way to see what the heck is going on. This has never happened before so I'm really paranoid..

i read your OP again and you wrote it's going on for about a week or so. Maybe the best advice IS to call in the police, as it is more likely you have a Person moving around in the house than a ghost or something of that sort. Are you missing things from your house? If not, it's also a possibility (someone stated this above already) that you have some animals (rats, mice, raccoons) in your house. In that case, there'd be really northing to be afraid of. Happened to me as well when i moved in a house built in 1926..... ;) Good luck, i hope this'll clear out soon!

With respect, Quamille, ghosts and spirits etc do not exist. Intruders do though, whether they be human or beast and so does paranoia. Has your dad noticed anything unusual going on in the house? Is he as scared as you?

Welcome to UM, btw! :)

• Like 1

I had an elderly aunt once who was convinced that her house was haunted because her dog would cower in a certain corner and never go near her hall closet...

Then one day her hot water heater broke so she had it replaced... The dog started acting normal again... Apparently the heater was emitting some high frequency noise that spooked

the dog - but that she couldn't hear...

The paranormal should always be your last suspicion... Like shadow sot said - I would suspect rats (or similar)... But camera's are an excellent idea as well and actually fairly affordable now days...

• Like 2

I'm assuming is paranormal because that's really the only explanation I can think of. :/

Thank you for the response btw.

You are very welcome!

In my experience, bona fide paranormal interruptions in life are actually less common than curious guests able to roam about and explore your stuff. Nosy people.... I love the idea to set up a camera in your room next time your Dad has his friend and her kids over. Or... much more easily to set something in the door crack and close it. You will then know if anyone came in while you were gone if you check to see if it is yet in the crack or already dropped when you return. Good suggestions here to help you lose that sense of not being in control of what is happening around you lately. It is horribly invasive to have to deal with the idea of strangers messing with your stuff or sliming in when they suppose you are away and it would creep out anyone, so do not feel bad. *I* am vastly more scared of people than the paranormal to be honest and I feel like your problem is people, not ghosts. Do let us know what you decide and find out please?

This might be prying, but you said when your father's girlfriend and her kids were around you stayed in your room away from them.

Is there a particular reason for this?

This might be prying, but you said when your father's girlfriend and her kids were around you stayed in your room away from them.

Re-reading it it looks like the bedroom is on the second floor and she was downstairs with the dog...

They were outside on the deck majority of the day. I'm not really fond of being out on the deck after a certain time because of insects so I stayed in my living room. My bedroom is on the second floor and I was downstairs, but I didn't hear my door open.

Thank you all for all of your input! I really appreciate it.

To be on the safe side, I'm going to pressure my dad to get an alarm system installed as well as cameras around the house. So that way next time this happens, I can see what happened.

But really, thank you guys.

• Like 1

With respect, Quamille, ghosts and spirits etc do not exist. Intruders do though, whether they be human or beast and so does paranoia. Has your dad noticed anything unusual going on in the house? Is he as scared as you?

Welcome to UM, btw! :)

He's not scared at all. He doesn't seem to think there's anything wrong. Maybe I'm overly paranoid but I really want to place cameras in my house now after all of this.

• Like 1

Most of what you wrote might be a sign for rats/raccoons or a little animal of that sort (perhaps the ghost of a rat). Now, the empty orange water beside your pillow, that's something odd when you checked that none entered to your room and if someone did why put that there? I'm not saying it's something paranormal but that's odd.

Most of what you wrote might be a sign for rats/raccoons or a little animal of that sort (perhaps the ghost of a rat). Now, the empty orange water beside your pillow, that's something odd when you checked that none entered to your room and if someone did why put that there? I'm not saying it's something paranormal but that's odd.

That is what bothers me most, too, MrBene. Never having seen a demon carrying about orange drinks (nor a ghost for that matter now I think on it), my bet is on a person who was in his/her room, and I do NOT like that at all. Probably someone was just being nosy but it would creep anyone out, and I don't blame Quamille a bit for being upset.

PS, stay on board Quamille, lots of different forums here to interest anyone. It has been fun talking with you :).