Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this a Ghost ? What do you think ?

crowman

*Posts Removed* - Please discuss the topic and refrain from personal attacks.

It should also be noted that the OP was last active on here 20th September.

• Like 1

But, since it also looks fuzzy, ( I mean the pic) its either a demon, ghost, or just mist.

Or it was taken in poor light by a camera with a sensor that doesn't handle poor light very well and generates lots of sensor noise. From the EXIF data, it is a still taken by a Sony Handycam video camera (model dcr-sx33e). I can't find details about it handles low light other than it has a built in light for poor lighting. Exposure time was 1/50 second. That's enough to induce a small amount blur if the camera isn't held very steady. So I'd guess it's fuzzy because it's taken in poor light and thus generate sensor noise perhaps made even fuzzier by motion blur caused by the camera not being held very steady. The pattern on the wall is clearly just the kind of stains brickwork you commonly get in old buildings.

Either that or demons. That's just as sensible. Everyone knows blurry and fuzzy camera pictures are caused by ghosts and demons.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 2

Or it was taken in poor light by a camera with a sensor that doesn't handle poor light very well and generates lots of sensor noise. From the EXIF data, it is a still taken by a Sony Handycam video camera (model dcr-sx33e). I can't find details about it handles low light other than it has a built in light for poor lighting. Exposure time was 1/50 second. That's enough to induce a small amount blur if the camera isn't held very steady. So I'd guess it's fuzzy because it's taken in poor light and thus generate sensor noise perhaps made even fuzzier by motion blur caused by the camera not being held very steady. The pattern on the wall is clearly just the kind of stains brickwork you commonly get in old buildings.

Either that or demons. That's just as sensible. Everyone knows blurry and fuzzy camera pictures are caused by ghosts and demons.

In built software that brightens it up but can cause... ehm distortion, especially in photos.
  • Like 1

on a recent investigation at a ww2 gun emplacement we captured this image. what do you think ? is it a ghost ?

It looks like the artifacts commonly produced by digital cameras in low light conditions. The image processor and CODEC were pushed to their limits and that is the result.

Edited by sinewave

• 4 weeks later...

The photo makes me think of someone in a welders helmet with a draping sheet like resemblance.

Edited by Paranormal_Fascination

I'd say nothing ghostly about that image. Most likely coming from light source or flash.

I think it may be matrixing with the light and shadows cool pic though

The fact that he never came back to this thread, never answered any questions, and never bothered to take further pictures with better lighting, should tell you all you need to know - another deeply committed paranormal investigator... or not.

• Like 1

The fact that he never came back to this thread, never answered any questions, and never bothered to take further pictures with better lighting, should tell you all you need to know - another deeply committed paranormal investigator... or not.

I sometimes wonder which is harder to find, ghosts or paranormal investigators who actually know something and are able to discuss it intelligently.

I sometimes wonder which is harder to find, ghosts or paranormal investigators who actually know something and are able to discuss it intelligently.

Well, there's this site :tsu:

• Like 1

Is this a Ghost? Nope! Done, carry on.

(Only place I know of where a water mark can get 3 pages of posts.)

• Like 2

I don't know. I am still just seeing lots of CODEC artifacts and what appears to be a stained CMU wall. Why to people insist on doing this in the dark anyway?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

May I point out (*again*) that Crowman never returned to this thread to respond to anything at all. He posted this in August, and then hasn't returned to UM since September - there may be a hint why he left at the bottom of this post.....

His initial post here suggests that he was part of (or, heaven forbid, led) a paranormal investigative team - or perhaps just a group of fun-luvin' jokesters - but I think it is fair to say that he wasn't very serious about this image or bothering to address anything to actually investigate it. Along with the woeful quality of the image, that all seems about par for the course.

Personally, I think this thread should be left to wither...

{Edited to add blue text...}

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1

on a recent investigation at a ww2 gun emplacement we captured this image. what do you think ? is it a ghost ?post-140801-0-88743200-1376070391_thumb.

Did you double check if the bricks in the wall weren't simply that white?

• 2 months later...