Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

two choices

danielost

I was being slightly facetious. But thanks for the advice.

Apart from the odd mention of god, what you've written there could be viewed as a natural law. One that, if followed by members of society, would produce the best outcomes for that society. Totally sensible and rational - no need to invoke any supernatural imposition of law.

So, Biblical laws are "created by h(u)man societies in response to their belief in god", and God's law is indistinguishable from natural (for want of a better term) law. Therefore, the idea of 'God's law' appears obsolete.

Absolutely. Except humans will not behave logically and rationally or from emprical/non emotive reasons They will however behave based on internal beliefs emotions and conditioning. So we use belief based laws to reinforce and strengthen "natural laws" ie laws based on the fact that humans know and understand consequence of thought and deed and mus ttake responsibility for their behaviours based on this knowledge. BAsically this is the whole message of the bible and most religious books.

We must internalise our understandings and discipline our mind and body so we do not need police judges or laws to make us act according to the law, but do what will have the most positive and productive outcomes in everthing we do.

Only people with a strong internal belief /value system and a lot of discipline can act like this in a sustained way. Religion promotes such internal conditioning and makes people act more responsibiy (if the religious principles are positive ones to begin with)

Of course, I would go further and argue that god is a member of a wise sapient race who recognised all this before humans did and tries to impart it to humanity. But even if gods way was a human philosophic construct it would still be the best way(By all measurable outcomes) for all humans to live.

• Like 1

But, if you a herbavore you can still use sheep for their wool and milk.

So can an Omnivore. Which a cursory look at our dental work, and our digestive system it is pretty obvious that we are. Ignoring the canines for now, the enamel on our molars is not thick enough for a plant only diet. When you eat plants you get grit and that wears your teeth down. I don't think we have evolved to be used to washing our food in the sink so quickly.

The other day I caught my neighbour and his wife wearing clothes that were clearly made of two different cloths. Do you think the Police would be OK with me organising a public stoning? (I think a street party would be a really good thing for the local community).

:

You do know at the time, their choice of fabrics was wool leather and maybe cotton. We don't mix those fabrics today, that is into one shirt. Not talking pants shirt and shoes. The only fabrics we might mix is cotton and man made fabrics. We might put leather elbows on a jacket but that is for show not function.

So can an Omnivore. Which a cursory look at our dental work, and our digestive system it is pretty obvious that we are. Ignoring the canines for now, the enamel on our molars is not thick enough for a plant only diet. When you eat plants you get grit and that wears your teeth down. I don't think we have evolved to be used to washing our food in the sink so quickly.

You didn't read my whole post.

I was being slightly facetious. But thanks for the advice.

Apart from the odd mention of god, what you've written there could be viewed as a natural law. One that, if followed by members of society, would produce the best outcomes for that society. Totally sensible and rational - no need to invoke any supernatural imposition of law.

So, Biblical laws are "created by h(u)man societies in response to their belief in god", and God's law is indistinguishable from natural (for want of a better term) law. Therefore, the idea of 'God's law' appears obsolete.

I think I disagree with this. Natural law says kill to eat kill to protect yourself kill to keep your land or to take some elses land if it is better than yours kill to get your nieghbors wife for your own.

Gods law says kill to eat and kill to protect yourself. But first try not to kill at all.

:

You do know at the time, their choice of fabrics was wool leather and maybe cotton. We don't mix those fabrics today, that is into one shirt. Not talking pants shirt and shoes. The only fabrics we might mix is cotton and man made fabrics. We might put leather elbows on a jacket but that is for show not function.

So, which is it? Stoning or burning?

I think I disagree with this. Natural law says kill to eat kill to protect yourself kill to keep your land or to take some elses land if it is better than yours kill to get your nieghbors wife for your own.

Gods law says kill to eat and kill to protect yourself. But first try not to kill at all.

I don't think you follow. I did say I used the word natural for want of a better term. I was discussing the rules that societies have found to produce the best outcomes. Nothing to do with nature, red in tooth and claw.

You didn't read my whole post.

I did. The other half was just irrelevant.

No not irreelivent. I responded tto someone saying o nly m eat eaters had cannian teeth. But, the gorrilla has them aand only ea plants. Rangs also eat onlhy plants.

No not irreelivent. I responded tto someone saying o nly m eat eaters had cannian teeth. But, the gorrilla has them aand only ea plants. Rangs also eat onlhy plants.

And that person would be me, and I did not say only carnivores have canine teeth. My post about why gorillas, and for that matter orangutangs, have canines when they are herbivores is correct. Please explain why you think they have canines. What evolutionary process would give a herbivore canines? Most mammalian herbivores are hooved and none of them have canines. For threat displays or weapons they tend to have horns of various types, or, in the case of the equine family, use their hooves as weapons. That gorillas and orangutans have canines shows that they were once omnivorous. This is the settled scientific veiw, and if you wish to dispute this, then you need to provide some evidence.

His evidence is that he got A's in school.

Adam and Eve were royally duped in too the whole thing by GOD... I still think the whole Adam and Eve thing shows a man can be tempted by his wife, dissolve Adam's roll in that task and thus puts the the sin all on Woman kind... As a another poster said I still, I don't understand why I am being blamed for something that happened before I was even born.. However, god put a thing that gave knowledge to us humans then something that gave life thought we gave in to knowledge.... That's tells god we would rather have knowledge than a long life because what's the point in having a long life if we can't experience what all life has too offer... The only way we get both is through experience....

Because a bad tree cannot give good fruit. But, christ removed that sin from us. We are no longer under that curse. But working tends to keep people out of trouble. Almost all of the shotters over the last two years have been unemployed. That I blame on obama.

His evidence is that he got A's in school.

And your evidence is because your teacher told you so. I think for myself, you speel what someone else told you.

Actually most of my understanding comes from reading and conversations with more learned people then myself. School had little influence in terms of my beliefs.

Actually most of my understanding comes from reading and conversations with more learned people then myself. School had little influence in terms of my beliefs.

Which is why I said you speel what someone else told you. Not what a teacher told you.

As I asked earlier of frank how did the moose end up on both europe and north american. When europe and north american had parted ways before the moose even evolved. According to plate techtonics science, nirth american and europe had parted ways when dinos were in the earth. Don't tell me they walked across the frozen atlantic, there wouldn't have been any food for them. As for the land bridge between asia and north american why aren't there any mose in asia.

But, to get back on topic. Th phrase, on the day that you east of te fruit there of, you shall die. Would indicate that adam and eve could not die in eden. This does not make them immortal. If you can be killed, you are not immortial. No matter how long you live. That phrase says to things about adam and eve. 1 they could not die in the garden. 2 they could die. No where does it say how long they were in the garden or when they started to celebrate birthdays. But, I believe they started counting after they left the garden. Due to the fact that time would mean nothing if you can't die.

Just going to throw this one in here. 99% of the species that once lived are extinct now. We only narrowly escaped the same fate (Our true exodus story: leaving what is thought to have been Ethiopia to seek cooler climate). If your saying if god doesn't exist, why are there moose's on different continents, i ask you: If god does exist, why kill the majority of his creations?

And i had no idea there were still this many Christians who take the Adam and Eve story literally.

Really? If one is for sale, why not buy them all? Helluva deal.

• Like 1

If I am right and the other animals of earth choose the fruit of life over th fruit of knowledge they would continue to be reborn as a slightly different species throughout the process of time. That would be your micro evolution and reincarnation. As for humans we choose knowledge over life, so we only pass through life once to be reborn at the end of time. Those who make it to heaven, say 99%(number I pulled out of the air), would then get to et from the tree of life and live for ever. Although most won't get to live in god's city or on god's block or in god's house. Those wsho don't live in the city will shine like the stars depending on how rightous they are, determines how bright the shine. These wil be rule over by the holy ghost. Those who live in god's city will shine like the full moon. Christ will rule here. Those living on god's block wil shine like the noon sun. Those who live in god's house will be gods and of course god rules over all.

I am trying to use terms easily understood by all.

And i had no idea there were still this many Christians who take the Adam and Eve story literally.

The story of adam and eve does not have to be true as long as the lession behind it is. But, yes god made man and woman and put he m in a garden. The earth is a garden.

why aren't there any mose in asia.

There are.

range_eurasia.gif

This is from the website "Mooseworld.com" - which I presume everyone has saved to favourites.

The story of adam and eve does not have to be true as long as the lession behind it is. But, yes god made man and woman and put he m in a garden. The earth is a garden.

Then does the story of Christ have to be true...as long as the lesson behind it is?