Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Manhunt For 16 Year Old Girl Continues...

Kowalski

Authorities ID brother's remains in hunt for girl believed to be with kidnap and murder suspect

Sheriff's officials say a child's body found in a burning house in Southern California is an 8-year-old boy whose mother was killed and whose sister is believed to have been abducted by a family friend who is reportedly infatuated with the girl.

The San Diego County Sheriff's Department said in a brief statement Friday night that its crime laboratory has identified the body through DNA extracted through bone marrow as 8-year-old Ethan Anderson.

Investigators believe James DiMaggio killed the boy's mother Christina Anderson, 44, of Lakeside, Calif., then kidnapped her daughter Hannah, 16. DiMaggio is suspected of setting fire to his log cabin and detached garage on Sunday night. Anderson’s body and the badly burned child’s body were found there.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c...s#ixzz2bZb1Wjj1

I was wondering if anyone was following this story...

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 1

I saw it on the news this morning, absolutely horrific. Yet another dangerous pedophile who will stop at nothing to act upon his perversion. I can't help but wonder if he doesn't have a history of abuse with adolescent girls?

• Like 1

I saw it on the news this morning, absolutely horrific. Yet another dangerous pedophile who will stop at nothing to act upon his perversion. I can't help but wonder if he doesn't have a history of abuse with adolescent girls?

Err, no. He is a creep, but the girl is 16, so "pedophile" is the wrong term. 16-year old girls are not exactly children. A "pedophile" would be more interested in the 8-year old boy.

Words have meaning, lets try to not to toss them around like confetti.

IMO a 44 year old man that kidnaps a 16 year old girl has some type of perverse sexual problem. If it's not pedophilia then it's some other very serious mental disorder.

• Like 3

I don't think so, from what I've read any way. But, he definitely creeped the girl out...

A friend of Hannah Anderson claimed the girl was "creeped out" by a crush the suspect had on her. The friend said DiMaggio explained that he didn't want the girls to think he was weird in an effort to defend himself after noticing he and the teen exchanged glances. She said he spoke while driving them home from a high school gymnastics meet a couple months ago.

A neighbor also told Fox5SanDiego.com that Hannah was afraid of DiMaggio and did notexternal-link.pngexternal-link.png want to be around him anymore, but 'she didn't know how to tell anyone

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2bZygUvbO

IMO a 44 year old man that kidnaps a 16 year old girl has some type of perverse sexual problem. If it's not pedophilia then it's some other very serious mental disorder.

The guy has issues that's for sure..

Not only did he kidnap her, he killed her mother, and her 8 year old brother....

Edited by Kowalski

I read that the killer was a "friend of the family" for a long time. A "harmless nice guy" who turned out to be a wolf in sheep's clothing.

The killer had a Facebook page, but it may be taken down.

• Like 1

Anybody who kidnaps anybody else has a problem. Sexual attraction to a 16 year old girl by males of any age is not biologically strange. It is only socially unacceptable in modern Western societies. Note that it not use to be so. Our societies used to have child marriages, and islamic societies still do.

• Like 1

Personally speaking, I would not have been the least bit pleased if a 44 year old man had shown sexual interest towards my daughter when she was 16. Lots of things took place in the past (child marriage, slavery, bigotry of various types) doesn't mean we should have to accept such things in the 21st century.

Unfortunately, I have a very bad feeling regarding how this scenario will most likely play out.

Edited by Lilly
typo
  • Like 3

Hoping the best for the young girl, and a life sentence for the man.

Likely they will be found. I understand from the news that they have a search area of interest, and the FBI is involved as well.

• Like 1

Personally speaking, I would not have been the least bit pleased if a 44 year old man had shown sexual interest towards my daughter when she was 16. Lots of things took place in the past (child marriage, slavery, bigotry of various types) doesn't mean we should have to accept such things in the 21st century.

"We" are the modern, Western countries. All over the islamic world, child marriage is common today, in accordance with islamic law. So, don´t be too euphemistic about the "21st century".

q-a-stephanie-sinclair-child-brides_65199_600x450.jpg

... All over the islamic world, child marriage is common today, in accordance with islamic law. So, don´t be too euphemistic about the "21st century".

Sadly, I think you're quite correct. I guess I just wish it were otherwise.

Just look at the eyes of the little girl in the photo (breaks my heart).

• Like 4

I hope they find this girl, and that man goes to jail for the rest of his life.... Just a horrible story...I feel so sorry for her Dad. His wife and his eight year old son are dead, and he has no idea where is 16 year old daughter is....

• Like 1

I hope they find this girl, and that man goes to jail for the rest of his life.... Just a horrible story...I feel so sorry for her Dad. His wife and his eight year old son are dead, and he has no idea where is 16 year old daughter is....

Yeah, apparently this is a "high-profile" manhunt, mostly due to the double-murders. Whether or not the 16 year old went willingly is speculative but makes no difference, as this man is clearly very dangerous.

He's also stupid. He removes the license plate from his abandoned, brush covered car. So what! The VIN# is all LEO"s need anyway.

A waste of time.

I also understand from the media that there are "tracking dogs" being used.

Now, they were both apparently seen with light-weight backpacks and a small tent. Perhaps a co-incidence that he had 2 backpacks instead of just 1 in the car, or, likely, some degree of prior planning.

The light-weight backpacks tells me that either he is a skilled "survivalist", or has a food stash previously placed.

They will need to drink water, and the described backpacks in no way could hold more than a few days water each.

Anyway, enough of my silly CSI.

I just think that, given the evidence, he is poorly prepared for an extended stay in the wilderness(though an avid camper) without being seen next to a stream(for water and food)

That he has a tent tells me that he does not have a "cave", though he may have buried food and water, but not a cave to hide in.

Blah, blah, blah... sorry.

I guess what I'm trying to think in myself is that he is not only crazy(he killed 2 people), but also a moron that will likely be caught, dead or alive.

• Like 1

Sadly, I think you're quite correct. I guess I just wish it were otherwise.

Just look at the eyes of the little girl in the photo (breaks my heart).

I am very correct. Mohammed took Aisha as wife when she was 6, and Mohammed is the perfect man in islam and the model for Shariah laws. That why e.g. one of the first laws that Ayatollha Khomeini passed after the islamic revolution in Iran was the one to lower the marriage age for girls to 6. (From the previous 18 under the modern laws of the Shah).

And remember it was Jimmy Carter who promoted Khomeini, the "holy man" and his "democratic revolution" in Iran. And your current government has learned nothing from that.

So the statement that child marriage is a thing of the past in the 21st century is completely wrong. It is is current Western societies only, and you should consider yourself lucky to live in one.

Edited by Zaphod222

They found them. Kidnapper is dead and teenager is rescued.

http://edition.cnn.c...lert/?hpt=hp_t2

Thanxs for posting this! :tu:

Glad they found her, and she's safe now...

I thought this was a little strange, from the lnk above:

In an earlier episode, Chavez recalled a trip that DiMaggio and Hannah took to Hollywood. The trip was supposed to be for one week, but Hannah told Chavez that they came back after two days because DiMaggio was upset that she wasn't paying enough attention to him.

Who let's their 16 year old go on a week long trip to Hollywood with a 40 year old?? Isn't that a little "strange"?

• Like 2

Yes it is strange. I would not agree to this if I were a mother. Most of the witnesses to this story are dead now except for the teen girl. There are still many, many unanswered questions regarding this whole case.

• Like 1

Some more information on this story:

Kidnap victim Hannah Anderson went online barely 48 hours after her rescue Saturday and said that a close family friend suspected of murdering her mother and 8-year-old brother "deserved what he got" when he died in a shootout with authorities in the Idaho wilderness.

A person claiming to be the California teen started fielding hundreds of questions through a social media site Monday night. Many were typical teenage fare — she likes singer Justin Bieber and her favorite color is pink — but she also answered queries about how she was kidnapped, how she survived captivity and how she is dealing with the deaths of her mother and brother.

In the postings, Anderson said James Lee DiMaggio, 40, her father's best friend who was like an uncle to her and her brother, Ethan, threatened to kill her if she tried to escape, The San Diego Union-Tribune reported

She was kidnapped Aug. 4 by DiMaggio, who had invited the children and their mother, Christina Anderson, 44, to his house in Boulevard, a rural town 65 miles east of San Diego.

"He told us he was losing his house because of money issues so we went up there one last time to support him, and to have fun riding go karts up there but he tricked us," Anderson wrote.

Anderson said DiMaggio tied up his mother and brother in his garage. Their bodies were found after a fire destroyed the home. She said she didn't know they had died until an FBI agent told her at the hospital after rescue Saturday

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c...s#ixzz2bxSBypIA

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 1

I think the very least of this whole tale has been told, as yet. It is just wrong wrong wrong on many levels.

We need Paul Harvey badly... for the rest of the story :yes:

• Like 4

Something just doesn't add up about this case. I'll apologize if I'm wrong but I have a gut feeling she was in on this some how... :S I hope (prey) I am wrong, I really do...but time will tell...

• Like 1

Something just doesn't add up about this case. I'll apologize if I'm wrong but I have a gut feeling she was in on this some how... :S I hope (prey) I am wrong, I really do...but time will tell...

I am starting to wonder the same thing....

A California man who killed the wife and son of a family friend before taking the man’s 16-year-old daughter to the Idaho wilderness, exchanged calls and texts with the abducted teen prior to the murders and had letters from her, warrants reportedly show.

According to the Los Angeles Times, warrants from the San Diego County Sheriff’s office show Hannah Anderson exchanged 13 phone calls or text messages with James DiMaggio on Aug. 4, the day she vanished. The warrants also show that letters from Anderson to DiMaggio were found in DiMaggio’s home, along with duct tape and handcuff boxes, as well as a Yosemite camping printout, cut electrical cords, model rocket containers and two used condoms.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c...g#ixzz2cKoyb8XB

​ Some things just don't seem right in this story....

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 1

Until the news about the letters came out, I felt sorry for the girl. Now, I am not that sure about her roll in this.

• Like 2

Until the news about the letters came out, I felt sorry for the girl. Now, I am not that sure about her roll in this.

I know! I felt so sorry for the girl, and then not 48 hours after her kidnapping, she's on Facebook taking pictures of herself, and answering questions like she's a celebrity, and going to charity events to raise money for her family?? I don't know, the whole story is just strange....I can't believe her father was letting her go on Facebook so soon! Nor could I believe her parents were letting her go on "day" trips with the guy either! Who lets their 16 year old do that?! :no:

• Like 2