Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cumulative Dream - Possible Past Life

egesagin

First of all, I should state that I am an atheist and don't really believe in spirits. However, as my possible astral projection experience, these dreams also make me reconsider my view on spirits, and perhaps view them on a basis without an omnipotent deity. Therefore, as this section of the forums looks more populated with believers, please take no offense if I look skeptical towards your explanations. I still want to hear them, that is why I'm sharing this :)

I think the dreams began at 98 and ended at 2000. I was born in 1990, so I was very young when I've experienced those dreams. I'm a heavy dreamer, I almost always have very vivid dreams and quite often lucid dreams. But this dream was not at all lucid. Also, when it comes to interpreting dreams, I'm very skeptical and pragmatical, I simply relate stuff to my stress and some events in my life, but never as a herald of the future.

So, the weird part about these dreams is that it s actually a single dream, which I dream cumulatively for about 60 or 70 times, within a 2 year period. Like, if we say it's a 30 minute film, the first time I dreamt the first 30 seconds. The second time the first minute and so on, always starting in the beginning and always dreaming a little bit more, until they ended when the overall dream finally ended.

The dream begins as I drive on a long, wide road. It is located on a plains, both sides of the road are covered with fields mostly. It is a summer day and it feels like I'm at the USA, as the setting is quite significant and similar. I drive for a very short amount of time and come across a large green wooden lodge on the right side of the road. It looks old and desolate, not large enough to be a mansion but surely larger than a standard villa. I pull over, and get out of the car. I look to the left side of the road, opposite the lodge. There is a garden there, with a marble road protected by short hedge walls. It also looks desolate, with dead leaves on the ground and the hedges turning yellow. I start to walk on that road, deep into the actual garden. As I come close to an opening, suddenly a peaceful music starts to play. Something like a Loreena McKenitt track, and I feel at peace like I've never felt before. The garden starts to live again as the dead leaves are gone and the hedges are green again. I come to the opening which is a huge circle, with a circular fountain in the middle, surrounded by flowerbeds. There is a sculpture of a goat on a small pillar in the middle of the round fountain and water is coming out of its mouth. It is a beautiful sight and I feel amazing with the music. But suddenly, the music dies out, as does the garden. Now the fountain is old and dusty, totally dry and the flowerbeds are dead. I feel sorrow, I turn around and walk towards the main road again.

I come across the lodge, and stand at the doorstep. There is a broken bell there, quite old, and the door is half broken anyway. I turn the knob and open the door. One thing to note is that it all feels very familiar, as if I belong there or once belonged there. It is not a new environment for me, I know what is behind the doors and corners, as if I've lived there for a long time. I enter and now I'm in an entrance hall, with a door on the left, a wide open double door on the right and stairs going up across the hall. Everything is covered with dust, and I turn left and enter the room there. As I open the door, the music starts again as I once again fill with pleasure. The building comes to life and I find myself inside a library, a relatively small room, considering the size of the house. The walls are covered with bookshelves. There are large, semi circular windows on my left and there is a rocking chair, facing the window. There is someone there, an old woman. I can see the top of her head, short white hair. There is also a very large and old radio, which looks new. Judging by the setting and the clothes she's wearing, I'm guessing it's mid 1950's. She's reading, and then she stops reading, removes her glasses and faces me. She says something like "Oh you're here, where have you been? The kids missed you" and maybe some other stuff, I don't really remember. I feel like I know her, like I've known her for a long time. She looks very nice and she looks at me with love in her eyes. I can tell that I love her too. Although everything feels familiar and I feel like I belong there, I still feel awkward and out of place. Like I'm torn apart. I get out of the library and enter through the double doors to find myself in a large living room. There are once again, windows on my right and there is a large couch parallel to the wall. There is a man in his 30s, lying down on the couch and reading. He has black hair and white skin, he looks quite fit. He looks at me on top of his book, with disappointment in his eyes. He says something like "oh, it's you.." and I can tell that he's upset with me, but not too much, since he loves me too. I feel just the same way like I felt with the old lady.

I can't comprehend what exactly is going on and it disturbs me. I walk up the stairs and just as I make it to the upper floor, two young children, two boys, run in front of me and one of them hits me. They are laughing and having fun and one of them yells "sorry" and they keep playing on. I feel sympathy towards them and I keep walking upstairs, to the attic. As I open the attic door, the music stops, and the building dies again. Now I'm in a very very dusty and dark attic. There are old boxes and sheets everywhere, with the occasional spiderweb. I walk around and look inside a box. There is a frame, I pick it up. I wipe away the dust and I see the old lady, the two kids and the man downstairs. I also see another man, looking similar to the man downstairs, a little taller and thinner. He has a similar face, but with a beard that covers most his face. Although not too long. I haven't seen him, so it feels peculiar. I put the frame down, I turn around and see a tall, man-sized mirror. And in the mirror, I see that tall bearded man. At first I feel shocked and scared, but quickly, the music starts again and the place looks much cleaner and livelier. I start to feel at home, and I feel that the feeling of being torn apart is gone. I feel like I've missed this place, and these people. I hear footsteps from the stairs and the door opens fast, with one of the kids shouting "Hey Uncle, lunch is ready!" and he rushes downstairs. I feel at peace, I feel at home, the music doesn't stop and my 2 year dream is finally over.

So basically, this is the story. Please tell me how you feel about this and if you've had similar experiences with cumulative dreams and feelings of belonging somewhere or with someone.

Thanks for reading :)

• Like 1

What a cool experience...

I wouldn't let this disturb you.. But if I were you, I would start doing a lot of research into whether this place actually exists.. There are a lot of details here, more so than I ever seem to glean from my dreams.. These feelings you get from the dream mean something special. The familiarity and sense of belonging could be a hangover from a past life, your skepticism is causing conflict in that respect.. But you do have plenty of details to work with.. research this and either way, the inner conflict will be resolved.

• Like 1

Well I don't think an old green colored large wooden lodge with a garden across in the plains of America is much detail, I mean I don't have any idea at all on how to start researching :/

Well I don't think an old green colored large wooden lodge with a garden across in the plains of America is much detail, I mean I don't have any idea at all on how to start researching :/

Try a Google image search for a "goat fountain/sculpture & marble road USA" or "green colored large wooden lodge"

You do have the mental images of what it actually looks like, it may take a while, it may take minutes...... I've done both searches, there's a lot more details in your 2 year dream than you think. I'm confident you can find it if it is there.. Also, the search or journey is just as important as the dream..

And please, do post anything you find...

• 5 months later...

Your post is 6 months old … any luck with your search?

Your dream sounds like novel material, write a book.

• 8 months later...

And here I am after such a long time. No Samyann I haven't had any luck with my search, but I've discovered reddit so I'll try to get some attention there. Perhaps someone knows of a place like that or something. I actually wrote this as a short story but then lost it at a hard drive wipe. I plan on writing it again, thank you :)