Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this Paranormal?

Hyfr Powers

Im 18 and still live with my parents and my older sister, so About 3 weeks ago My mother and sister were the only ones home and my mother and sister both heard a noise what they thought sounded like some one saying "Shhhh", And they were the only ones in the house and they was in the same room together, we dont live near any roads and we have a cat but the cat was laying in the bed with them and after so the cat started acting very nervous. with that said, today was my first day off from work and so i slept pretty much all the day, and it was only me and my mother in the house and she was in the basement doing laundry and she heard what sounded like the tags on a dogs collar rattling together in the next room over, well she went and looked and there was nothing in the room, and last winter i had a doberman that was a huge black dog that during the winter months disappeared and he was known for hearing his rabies and location tags rattle together. we have also over the past few months have had door phenomenons where someone in the house would close a door and later that day it be unlocked and open. we do have a full house security system but it never gets set off. what is this what we are experiencing

P.S Our family is religious, my father is a Deacon at our church which is southern baptist (Christian)

Any and all reply's are greatly appreciated

• Like 1

Hello mate and welcome to UM! Quick question, how old your house is?

• Like 1

Most old houses have weird sounds and noises. I wouldn't be so worried about it.

• Like 1

Noises In the night, Some say it is the ghosts of the deseased coming back and walking down these empty halls. The reality is, It could be your house settling.

What is "house settling" you may ask, Over time houses wear down, moisture, decay and wear and tear by use of the house can slightly deform or crack your house. Heat and moisture also has an effect since at night the tempature changes. sometimes it is just parts of the house moving, such as plumbing lines (when they carry hot water), or windows expanding (when they are in direct sun light).

What about the floor boards?

As one piece of wood tries to move against another, pressure builds between the two. Finally the joint slips, causing the popping. It's a mini-version of an earthquake--two sections of the Earth's crust try to move against each other, pressure builds at the fault until it causes movement and an earthquake results.

If you disagree then sure it is a ghost.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 4

Is the house built on Indian Burial Ground?

usually when you build by on on top of burial ground..

the ghosts rise from their graves to get you...

Hit-and-Runner?

• Like 1

When alone look under the bed, go on i dare ya.

• Like 1

Could be pipes or practically anything.

• Like 1

Is the house built on Indian Burial Ground?

usually when you build by on on top of burial ground..

the ghosts rise from their graves to get you...

only in movies and tv shows like the family guy where that happens
  • Like 2

Most old houses have weird sounds and noises. I wouldn't be so worried about it.

I wouldn't consider a 21 year old house as "old".

• Like 1

also, since they dotn live near a road, i have to assume they live out in the country.

Animals, wind.....mutant hillbillies

• Like 2

The SHHHHH sound could have been something in the pipes. And most cats act nervous at some point or another. They're odd little creatures. Dog tags, who knows? Maybe a neighbors windchime? Think the OP is gone, tho.

Not everything has to be paranormal.

• Like 2

It's easy to dismiss all of what little you have said so far, as there's not really that much to go on now is there?

i am sure you will keep an eye on it and collect more information but as some posters before me have stated there are many logical reasons for such things which at first seem unexplainable but as you see, there are quite natural causes for such things.

Another example of this would be concerning the locked, unlocked doors...

It is very easy to think you have locked a door as it is often such an automatic thing to do so much so that sometimes we may forget to do it but think we have out of habit. We can even believe we can recalling locking it but in fact it is our memory from the many times before, very easily done, indeed.

I do wonder though,

If after more observations, you do find there is something 'Paranormal' going on…. Then what? What of it? What does it mean to you, anyways?

Not enough information or happenings for me to really say either way. Sorry, i can't be more help than that at this time.

Could be just the house settling . Have your dad bless the house and see if it stops iam sure it's nothing

My new haircut is paranormal.

Pics, please, so we can be the judge of that. As you well know, this site is FULL of experts. :tu:

It's not paranormal until WE say it's paranormal.

Edited by MacsMom
  • Like 2

Well, i guess i can be at least of some assistance in the general paranormal level. spirits have a tendency to find ways to let mortals notice them ie: opening doors, making sounds, making it to where you can feel their presence, etc. the cat could have been nervous because animals have a stronger sensory than we do that go to higher levels that we could only imagine. it probably sensed an unfamiliar presence. if there really is a spirit wondering about that area in genera (not specifically the house) then it is most likely just trying to get y'alls attention.

Well, i guess i can be at least of some assistance in the general paranormal level. spirits have a tendency to find ways to let mortals notice them ie: opening doors, making sounds, making it to where you can feel their presence, etc. the cat could have been nervous because animals have a stronger sensory than we do that go to higher levels that we could only imagine. it probably sensed an unfamiliar presence. if there really is a spirit wondering about that area in genera (not specifically the house) then it is most likely just trying to get y'alls attention.

welcome and no, I'm sorry but there are too many plot holes here. first, we do not know what animals think.....we just speculate about it. as for letting us know, only evidence I have seen online is string or off camera view human fakery.
  • Like 1

Right off hand I'd say it is something with the pipes.

If you have heating system that uses hot water then I'd check the valves and pipe fittings as well as the radiators.

The rattling could be air in the system.

Actually it doesn't matter what system you use, house have pipes so something could be loose and/or leaking.

• Like 1

I guess we will never know unless they either find out what it is or they don't find anything wrong and things still keep happening... But Brian i have a question: why be a member of this site if all you are going to do is give the skeptic's point of view?

I guess we will never know unless they either find out what it is or they don't find anything wrong and things still keep happening... But Brian i have a question: why be a member of this site if all you are going to do is give the skeptic's point of view?

Why do i come to a paranormal website? Discussion, Debate, Curiousity and wanting solid evidence of the world beyond.

What I do not approve is old wives tales that had come from a fictional book or a hollywood movie and expect us to take it as facts with out question or free thought. I know you are new but you can not believe every single post here because you get people who are either emotionally upset, confused, an amateur writer, a total liar, delusional who will make will claims and yet when it comes down to it, lacks any evidence except maybe a bit of dust, a poorly taken photo and oh yes ghost camera apps.

I rather have some one who comes in get a level headed oppinion instead of blaiming "Ghosts" on every thing.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 3

so who made u the king of deciding how people think and what they do or who/what they understand? i am a little more than a beginner psychic, and yes they are real, so i have studied several books and articles on this type of stuff. say what u will about me and what i say but i know what im talking about. animals really do have a higher sensory than humans, look it up yourself if you have to. they know when someone is not okay to be around, they know when bad weather is coming, etc. as for ghosts, i have seen them. i know, not good enough proof but who cares. i know what i saw. so, thank you and have a woderfully paranormal day.