Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bulgaria UFO video surfaces online

Footage of a strange glowing sphere-shaped object moving across the sky has appeared on YouTube.

A fast moving, silent, circular, brightly lit object was videotaped moving across the night sky of Haskovo, Bulgaria, on August 4. The video, posted by one "nedialko kostadinov," shows the unusual object passing behind numerous wires and structures and changing colors and intensity.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 2

They'll be much better UFO footage coming out in the near future I imagine. All possibilities of a "chinese lantern" explanation will be eliminated imo.

• Like 1

Sphere shaped??? You can see the camera's focus being racked back and forth, so the 'sphere' is just the bokeh effect you *always* get from a defocused bright light. And you can't resolve a 'sphere' from a 2d image - it appears to be circular but that shape has no useful relationship to the actual object. The slight variation in colour, which I didn't find particularly compelling, could come from:

- spherical aberrations

- the 'blooming' effect the digital sensors show when they overload and bleed into adjacent sensors

- atmospheric effects, eg the twinkling seen when objects are near the horizon or flying over water or in very humid/dusty/polluted air

- automatic white balance, which is the default for most cameras and should be turned off at night if possible.

Interesting how it moves at the same sort of speeds one might expect from a commercial aircraft. Them cunning aliens - always making their craft look and behave *exactly* like other earthly things! Considering all of that - it must be alienz! :rolleyes:

BTW, given all of that guys UFO videos, I'd have to ask why he hasn't taken any photography lessons? I mean, he is taking it so seriously that he issues his own initials and numerically catalogue all 61 of his sightings...

Edited by Chrlzs
  • Like 1

Having seen a LOT of chinese lanterns over the past 2 years I believe it looks very similar to one. The change in direction may just be the cameramans shift in stance or position.

Personally it looks all too like a lantern for me to get excited.

That aside, I have to say the very first time I saw chinese lanterns, they were visible from over 7 miles away from their location on a clear night sky and had me shocked and in bewilderment of these "UFO's" flying across the sky in slow formation..... I was so shocked and in awe of it that rather than film it, I wanted to get a better look and get closer so I drove the 7 miles or so until I was within 100's of feet of them and it was only then the mystery and excitement was replaced by disappointment that they were coming from a wedding reception! But having realised then what they were and how earthly the mystery was, it really has made me realise that people could see these from such a vast distance and they did indeed appear to be UFO like in the way they move and look at a distance.... and sure enough the local media ran a report claiming that over 50 people had witnessed UFO lights across the skies of my city and people claiming to have filmed alien spaceships, etc. In my mind it was a good experience into understanding how easy it is for people to misunderstand things and how I could have been one of them if I hadn't taken the opportunity to go and investigate as it happened!

• Like 1

I suppose we could eliminate insects as the object passes behind what appear to be power lines. But, this is not useful imagery as it provides no effective referencing with identifiable stationary objects. So, if we are to learn anything from this posting, having the camera field fixed with sufficient visual referencing to known landmarks or objects is really essential to any meaningful interpretation.

{Slam} ORDER! {Slam} Order in the Court!

Will the defendant, Hung so Lo, please rise.

What say ye as regards to the Chinese lantern theory.

Hung so Lo: It not possible, your anus, I mean, your HONOR.

--- vague laughter in the crowd ---

{Slam} ORDER! {Slam} I repeat, Order in the Court!

How so, Hung so Lo?

Hung so Lo: Your anus, uh, I mean, your Honor, Chinese laterns are made in AMERICA! Therfore they are not Chinese!

Edited by pallidin

I've never seen chinese lanterns take off across the sky the way this one does, and if it glowed the way it did, it should have disappeared in a puff of smoke by now. It's something else--keep thinking about it..

I've just had a look at his Youtube channel. He has been filming similar objects for the last year.

Could be a Chinese lantern. Who knows. Not really that interesting really.

:santa:

He has been filming similar objects for the last year.

This.

I noticed the same. Lucky guy. He always gets good UFO footage (insert emoticon for sarcasm).

Now, there are scarier stuff out there, like yankee drones taking pictures of your house.

Edited by MrBene

Inconclusive to me. When he zooms, looks kinda of like its got a red center.

Flying jelly donut?

my question is if they are here, why do we only ever get to see tiny lights in the sky...why dont they get over their stage fright and just come down have a brew and have a chat, instead of all these neverending youtube clips that cant be proven one way or the other..

• Like 1

Its a light in a sky, nothing more, nothing less... However, the way it seems brighter at the bottom and dimmer above makes it likely a Chinese lantern.

Edited by AlienDan

GB-BLUE5-2T.jpg?1359287082

Cool video,last June I saw an orange ball jousting glowing and it went away

Did anyone else notice the light pulsating before the Camera man zoomed in on it?

Looks like a zoomed in image of the ISS to me.

There were several visible night passes on that date over that location.

From Heavens Above:

ISSBulgaria.jpg

• Like 3

From Heavens Above:

ISSBulgaria.jpg

:nw::nw::nw::nw: :nw: :nw::clap::clap::clap::nw::nw::nw::nw::nw::nw:

From Heavens Above:

ISSBulgaria.jpg

Good shout. I think that's the answer. He said he recorded it on the 4th August 2013, 5:13 in the morning (Haskovo in Bulgaria). The chart says 05:10:03 until 05:16:38. Mag -3.2 which is quite bright.

:tu:

• Like 1

From Heavens Above:

ISSBulgaria.jpg

What's that website?