Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A new Super-Honey has arrived to cure us

seeder

Doctors discover 'super honey' with amazing power to treat soldiers' wounds and kill superbug infections

* Surgihoney has been tested in Hampshire hospitals for a year

* Wounds, ulcers and MRSA healed within days thanks to the honey

A new honey has been produced that has had ‘amazing’ results treating wounds and infections.

The bio-engineered product Surgihoney was tested on babies, new mothers, cancer patients and the elderly for over a year in Hampshire hospitals.

Wounds and ulcers, including those infected with the superbug MRSA, healed within days, while the number of women who suffered infections after giving birth by caesarean section has halved.

It has also healed the wounds of soldiers returning from Afghanistan, and been used to treat acne and to protect the skin of cancer patients fitted with a catheter for chemotherapy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2389121/Doctors-discover-super-honey-amazing-power-treat-soldiers-wounds-kill-superbug-infections.html

• Like 1

Does one eat the honey, apply it to the site, or both?

Id expect with wounds and bacterial infections, it was applied directly. I bought the manuka honey once when my partner was ill. I ate the lot on toast, but she didnt get one bit better, :lol: so yeh, I reckon you pour it on.

• Like 2

Ok, I just gotta ask. When are they gonna introduce a Super Whiskey???????

• Like 2

I use local natural honey to treat my allergies. The Egyptians used it as an antibiotic to treat wounds. I use it on cuts and sore throats. Bio engineering it is for a patent rights?

• Like 1

Damn. I thought from the thread title we had a new beautiful nurse on the premises.

(Was hoping for pics or even a short movie)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 5

Regular honey is an antibacterial; it dehydrates bacteria. Once the "scientists" go messing about with things, they cause more trouble than they are worth a lot of times. I will stick with raw, unfiltered honey for my use.

• Like 3

Just what Moonshadow said. No reason to bio-engineer any 'super' honey, just use pure, natural normal honey. I use it on cuts, scrapes and once a rather nastily infected burn. That was the wound that made me reach for honey for everything. Normal medications didn't work and the wound got worse. Three days of honey and the infection was all gone and the wound was healing.

I don't know why businesses have to start messing with stuff that already works. Well... yah I do. Money.

• Like 2

This reminds me of an episode of Tales of the Unexpected, 'Royal Jelly'.

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 1

Yeah, bee's and the products they produce(honey, royal jelly, etc..) are amazing on their own.

Seems like that whenever we mess with nature, something eventually goes horribly wrong.

• Like 1

oh so it does everything honey naturally does, what a shock :innocent:

Reminds me of a nurse in GB who was using regular granulated sugar to pack non healing bedsores and such. Worked a miracle of sorts... stands to reason honey would help also. It's good news for those suffering - hope the medical community doesn't muck it up with "improvements".

Like the article says, this has been known for ages. Now lets only hope there are enough bees left to produce anything, after Monsanto gets their way.

• Like 2

Like the article says, this has been known for ages. Now lets only hope there are enough bees left to produce anything, after Monsanto gets their way.

Don't worry, they'll bioengineer them too :lol:

Jokes aside, I was wondering, do they work on bees producing honey, or on the honey itself in "post-production"?

I have to wonder if this stuff is really pure honey or if there is a large amount of royal jelly within the honey. ( Royal jelly is used by many peoples as a medication for many things it is made by the bees to feed to a larval queen and it is the chemical that makes her fertile and gives her a long life two to four years instead of the two to six months that most honey bees last.)

I have to wonder if this stuff is really pure honey or if there is a large amount of royal jelly within the honey. ( Royal jelly is used by many peoples as a medication for many things it is made by the bees to feed to a larval queen and it is the chemical that makes her fertile and gives her a long life two to four years instead of the two to six months that most honey bees last.)

Surely it's not pure honey, there's some additive in it. Maybe they could have add some royal jelly too, but it can't be the only thing, otherwise I don't think they could patent it. Other than that, they're already used in combo since thousands of years, so still I don't think they could patent it.

But if it's the case, they're doing a great con!

The Creator has already Providided EVERYTHING "we" NEED !!!

Man Just Likes and Always has Liked to try & 1Up GOD !!!

GoodLuckWithThat !!!

Stay Natural, Get Off ALL Man made EVERYTHING , I am, have, will ...

"they" Say, We Should ...

I say, We Dont ...

Just Say, SHOUNT !!!

I've been taking a teaspoon of raw, unfiltered honey every day since I was 21 years old. So far, so good.

• Like 1

I've been taking a teaspoon of raw, unfiltered honey every day since I was 21 years old. So far, so good.

I bet your really buzzing then - after all that time? :lol:

• Like 2

The Creator has already Providided EVERYTHING "we" NEED !!!

Man Just Likes and Always has Liked to try & 1Up GOD !!!

GoodLuckWithThat !!!

Stay Natural, Get Off ALL Man made EVERYTHING , I am, have, will ...

"they" Say, We Should ...

I say, We Dont ...

Just Say, SHOUNT !!!

....youre using a computer

• Like 2