Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why not New York State?

TwilightSilver

I've noticed a significant rise in UFO reports on U.M. lately, and I'm curious. As a resident of Rotterdam N.Y. I always wondered about the lack of reports regarding the UFO pheneomenon and reports as far as the state goes. (Not including N.Y.C) They are worldwide yet seem to stay away from us poor folk upstate. Anyone here experience anything strange who lives in upstate N.Y?

• Like 1

I've seen stuff here in Queens NYC. I think they do see stuff up there, but as new yorkers, it's an 'oh who cares' kind of thing.

• Like 1

I hear ya there Simbi. I have many friends in NYC who have the same attitude haha! My friend Izzy same something strange about a year ago but she was in Queens. I mainly wonder how these reporst seem to avoid Upstate N.Y.

*Saw....I really need to buy a new comp and not use a phone with autocorrect....ugh...(sorry yet again for a double post....)

I totally get phone with autocorrect.

I've seen stuff in Queens a few times. Quite a lot recently too.

I also noticed I had misspelled "reports". That was due to human error..: )

I know New York State has it's fair share of "Bigfoor reports" but what I'm mainly interested in is if anyone in the state can describe any weird occurances or sightings. I haven't seen any sighting reports online (fairly recently barring the Pine Bush one) that has held any water.

I've noticed a significant rise in UFO reports on U.M. lately, and I'm curious. As a resident of Rotterdam N.Y. I always wondered about the lack of reports regarding the UFO pheneomenon and reports as far as the state goes. (Not including N.Y.C) They are worldwide yet seem to stay away from us poor folk upstate. Anyone here experience anything strange who lives in upstate N.Y?

Even E.T. doesn't want to pay the high taxes.

• Like 2

I agree as a fellow New York State resident living in Buffalo it seems like nothing out of the ordinary happens around here. :cry:

Maybe you have fewer lunatics than other parts of the US.

Or... you have too many lunatics so the aliens are wary of flying past.

Edited by Eldorado

They are already trying to Pick him up for there master plan DNA -re-think of the Human condition ! :tu:

OUCH !!!!

I think Lilly's sighting was in that area.

Yep, I saw a UFO in upstate New York...but it was way back in the 1970s. Perhaps there's just not much activity upstate nowadays.

Lilly ,was it near a deli by chance? THey after all do Look like those Flying Subs or Cigars shaped UFO`s ! See you at the Party !U/M Still needs its crazy peeps !

Donteatus- Am I still invited? I'll bring beer and snacks!

Lilly- As far as I know only my grandfather had a sighting upstate but that was back in the 60s...maybe they are all scared of Albany and it's crowd...: )

I would have thought that the Hudson Valley sightings of the 80's was by far the most significant ufology event ever to hit that region.

Doesn't answer your question regarding recent sightings though. Still interesting if you have never investigated it.

http://www.ufocasebook.com/Hudsonvalley.html

I haven't really seen any recent reports at all lately. I agree with the 80's though. Including Whitley Striber's account. It's like N.Y. just dropped off the radar haha!

Yeah, that guy would tend to scare the heck out of any intergalactic visitors.

I am not sure about that. Since Greys seem to really love kinky stuff...

Long island has a history of sightings as far as I know. I mean more Upstate NY. (even though Long Island technically isn't part of the city I think?)

• 4 weeks later...

There’s no denying it, 2013 has been a “hot year” for UFO sightings. Globally, the number of sightings is up 22 percent. Before 2012, worldwide sightings averaged about 4,500 a year. Last year’s sightings tallied nearly 8,000. At the end of August, planetary sightings have totaled 4,181 this year.

New York is maintaining its average of about 3.5 percent of the world’s UFO sightings. UFO reports for the Empire State in August topped 42, out of 153 this year.

http://www.theufochronicles.com/2013/09/ufo-news-ufo-sightings-up-22-percent-in.html