Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your Thoughts Can Release Abilities

Still Waters

Our cognitive and physical abilities are in general limited, but our conceptions of the nature and extent of those limits may need revising. In many cases, thinking that we are limited is itself a limiting factor. There is accumulating evidence that suggests that our thoughts are often capable of extending our cognitive and physical limits.

http://www.scientifi...d-normal-limits

• Like 1

personally the answer is yes...that could happen like adrenaline rush when your in danger or trouble but not at all times, maybe there is a proper way to manipulate these.

It's all about consciousness and tapping into that part of us that knows more about our physical workings and that perceives more than our conscious side does. If we can communicate with it as one, we have higher abilities. It is a faithful servant to the conscious state with every breath and heartbeat, your conscious mind doesn't understand how to regulate the body but you do it every second because of the unconscious is working for you.

The body is like a vehicle and man limits his abilities by his normal awake consciousness believing he is only the vehicle.

Every day you see science discovering more about the power of conscious belief influencing real effects in a measurable way. It's a breath of fresh air for people to realize how much more there is to the mind than they are generally aware.

• Like 2

Yes meditation , positive thinking, emotion etc.

All these things do increase our abilities.

our ability to thing and gain wisdom and then apply it to our lives

is also unlimited.

Hell those monks learn to focus their minds so much

they can move huge bricks across a table without touching it..

or breaking bricks with their bare fists.. truly amazing !

People are capable of more than they realize. So thinking that we are limited can cause us to not always see what our actual limits are.

• Like 1

I read somewhere that practicing gratitude 15 minutes a day for a month increases DHEA, a beneifical hormone, secretory IgA that increases the body's defense against invading microbes, and reduces cortisol, a stress hormone. It also synchs the heart, breathing, and blood pressure. So I wonder, if these are the effects on our bodies, are the effects limited to just the body, or can it affect the external environment to some degree. If I'm in a calm state, will that affect someone I'm with, in sort of a parasympathetic way, in the same way that when we're around someone who's agitated, we ourselves become agitated or nervous?

Edited by Beany

I like to practice tuning into my instincts, I can't say I get it right all the time though. The biggest thing I have noticed is that if it's my pride or ego involved thinking it's got something right - it turns out to be way off the mark but if I'm relaxed and just noticing naturally what is going on, I have some pretty spot on results.

• Like 1

Yes, I think the mind is capable of many things, including pushing us beyond our limits both mentally and physically.

One time I was out running for school, and we have to run to a certain point, and I was behind two other girls, but I didn't want to be third (it's not a race, I just didn't want to be third :P) so I started to run even though I was dead tired, and one of the girls started to run to pass me, so we both took off at a sprint even though I was already exhausted to begin with, and after a few seconds she gave up but I kept running. It was like my mind was seperated from my body, because I was so beyond the physical limit of myself, and when I finally made it after keep up at this sprint, I collapsed on a bench and was panting extremely hard. It was the worst feeling ever, I was that tired, but I felt so awesome I was able to push myself like that :P

I guess it could be the same with the mind, or mind over matter, as they say.

• Like 1

There are people with multiple personality disorder where one personality is actually a diabetic while the other is not. This suggests that it may be possible to cure diabetes and other ailments with our minds.

If our thoughts can change our physical bodies why couldn't it affect the world external from us?

• Like 1