Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Badger Digs Up Medieval Treasure in Germany

questionmark

A badger helped discover the tombs of two medieval lords in Germany in what archaeologists are hailing as a significant find. The 12th century burial site contains a sword, bronze bowls, an ornate belt buckle and skeletal remains that tell stories of a violent life.

A badger in Germany deserves a reward for making a significant archaeological discovery: the medieval tombs of two Slavic lords buried with an array of intriguing artefacts.

The striped animal, perfectly equipped for digging with its short legs, had made its underground home on a farm in the town of Stolpe in Brandenburg, some 75 kilometers northeast of Berlin.

Read more

• Like 4

I agree! He should be amply rewarded for his hard work. Clever critter!

• Like 4

I love tales like this :tu:

• Like 1

Cool. But what did they did they do about the badger? Badgers are some pretty tough characters themselves.

• Like 1

Cool. But what did they did they do about the badger? Badgers are some pretty tough characters themselves.

The article stated that the badger had already moved on - it was an abandoned hole - possibly because the badger thought it was contaminated by the (long dead) humans....

• Like 2

He stormed off to Poland.

• Like 2

I love this too, Seeder. I wonder what else is under the ground there that the Badger didn't expose to the light of day.

• Like 2

He stormed off to Poland.

And took the jewelry with him no doubt... You have to watch those badgers... They are tricky!..

• Like 1

Clever badger, they should just use badger armies to excavate archaeological digs now.

I hope they give the badger his share of the spoils and name him on the discovery credits,not sure if he'll have a bank account though,could be tricky

• Like 2

I hope they give the badger his share of the spoils and name him on the discovery credits,not sure if he'll have a bank account though,could be tricky

Well, he does not need one, you can always establish a trust fund for the critter (and his descendants).