Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts Caught on Tape during 2011 Tsunami

Kipperphoenix

We all remember the horrific tsunami that devastated Japan in 2011. But, a new discovery in one of the videos shot during the natural disaster has left many scratching their heads. A strange ghost-like creature was caught floating/running and then disappearing near some building by the raging waters. It was also recorded in between two buildings and even coming out of the raging waters. Check out the bizarre video for yourself

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehsLpR6za00[/media]

I think, while it does look pretty weird, it's fake. The one where it comes out of the water looks like it's some kind of CGI.

• Like 1

At the beginning of the clip the luminous entity appears to flap it's wings and have a long luminous tail.

• Like 1

That's Stephen Hannard playing with video editing software.

I don't think do personally. I did a quick google search and he seems to genuinely believe in alien craft etc. He only uploads stuff over people have hoaxed at a guess, like the flying saucer one. It doesn't mean that every vid he receives is a fake though. The tsunami one looks too bizarre to come from the mind of a simple hoaxer imv.

Just to say.... I do believe in the paranormal.... ghosts.... etc, so I am not a total sceptic here.

But that looks to me like plastic sheeting / tarp blowing in the wind. That's exactly what it looks like to me.

• Like 4

Actually, the video existed before Stephen Hannard posted this video. He merely uploaded the parts of the video with the ghost(s) in them.

It almost looks like a sheet or something blowing up in the wind. But it is neat nonetheless. It almsot looks like it has wings and a long tail, like some sort of creature.

I doubt a sheet could rise from the watery torrent and disapate the way the thing did. Maybe it's the souls of the dead rising from their watery grave.

Or maybe it's some weird ghost, or creature. Weird things happen in these times of tragedy.

• Like 2

It almost looks like a sheet or something blowing up in the wind. But it is neat nonetheless. It almsot looks like it has wings and a long tail, like some sort of creature.

I doubt a sheet could rise from the watery torrent and disapate the way the thing did. Maybe it's the souls of the dead rising from their watery grave.

Or maybe it's some weird ghost, or creature. Weird things happen in these times of tragedy.

If a creature, then I would guess that it is ray-like in the way it moves. Perhaps a bizarre creature that settles at the bottom of rivers to catch it's food, just like a ray?
  • Like 1

Actually, the video existed before Stephen Hannard posted this video. He merely uploaded the parts of the video with the ghost(s) in them.

What ghosts?

• Like 1

If a creature, then I would guess that it is ray-like in the way it moves. Perhaps a bizarre creature that settles at the bottom of rivers to catch it's food, just like a ray?

Ya, it looks like a ray of some sort, but how would a thick, heavy water creature like that seem to leap around and fly in the air? But an interesting thing to consider, maybe it's just some sort of water creature disturbed by the flood. Maybe another undiscovered creature?

• Like 2

Ya, it looks like a ray of some sort, but how would a thick, heavy water creature like that seem to leap around and fly in the air? But an interesting thing to consider, maybe it's just some sort of water creature disturbed by the flood. Maybe another undiscovered creature?

Yeah, not a fish, because it would be too heavy to fly in a floating manner like that seen in the vid. It would more likely be something that evolved to fly by micro-undulations of it's wings, like a shimmering effect. The ray-like wing movements would then be additional flight power. It looks as though it weighs very little. What a mystery.
  • Like 1

What ghosts?

The...three white things that are shown throughout the entire video. The ones that mysteriously disappear. Those are suppose to be ghosts.

The...three white things that are shown throughout the entire video. The ones that mysteriously disappear. Those are suppose to be ghosts.

The first entity looks as though it floats/swims in a ray-like manner onto the roof and then lies flat, turning off it's luminous look to become a dull grey to blend in. Perhaps this what it does on the river bottom to avoid predation?

Why would a ghost need to flee from a tsunami?

Good point. Which suggests it might be a real-life creature, just something that looks and acts very differently to what we are used to.

Perhaps it could be some type of gas line fault due to the tsunami. Escaping steam, perhaps? And yes, I know that doesn't explain the one puff coming out of the water. BUT, I'm going with CGI.

• Like 1

These videos are dramatic and sorry but I don't believe they're faked at all.

I've seen similar video footage of the Japanese tsunami event from the news showing white ghostlike shapes rising from the damage. As Macsmom says it could be a type of gas.

These videos are dramatic and sorry but I don't believe they're faked at all.

I've seen similar video footage of the Japanese tsunami event from the news showing white ghostlike shapes rising from the damage. As Macsmom says it could be a type of gas.

What type of gas has a faint white glow, rolls along the ground in a contained shape and then ascends vertically, again maintaining a shape?

In physics, gases are a state of matter which would become instantly diffuse within the air in this scenario of the video. CGI is a better guess than gas.

Edited by NatureBoff

Id say CGI

Even if it is "real", there's really no way to put the video forward as proof of anything given that there is such an active community of video hoaxers putting things on You Tube. So don't get mad at skeptics, get mad at the hoaxers who ruined it for everybody.

• Like 1

Inclined to go with CGI or some sort of gas/steam release, seems to dissapate quickly which rules out a tangible creature IMO.

• Like 1

Japanese are not known for faking ghost videos....... :no:

• Like 1

Japanese are not known for faking ghost videos....... :no:

But the people capturing them could be :yes: