Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Saratoga stone

TwilightSilver

I'm curious what phone you're using. It has GPS capability but no camera? Interesting.

Also curious why you ask for volunteers from UM to go exploring with you. You seem to be a friendly enough person to have friends outside of UM (you mention two fiances, as well as friendly relations with the landowners).

Edit: This thread needs to be closed until TwilightSilver produces the initially promised photos.

I don't think that's necessary, I'm sure the OP will return to post the photographs (if any) once he's ready to do so.

• Like 1

Your nit picking is noted,shelved,and I will continue to enjoy any further lectures By Mr. Vieira who does not claim to be an Archeologist. Thanks

As is certainly your prerogative. Simply bear in mind that should you choose to reference Viera in any form of serious archaeological/historical discussion, you can likely expect your reference to be subjected to a well-deserved critique.

Hope that you found the supplied references to be of value.

Do remember that details, including (to the untrained) very minute details, are intrinsic and significant elements of qualified research.

Edit: Plural.

Edited by Swede
  • Like 1

Are you

TwilightSilver

Hi Timonthy. Chuckle! No, rest assured that "we" are two very distinct entities, as is readily verifiable by the basic data available. Nor have we had any direct or indirect personal contact.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone:

Sorry for the massive delay. It has been an awful month. I can assure as well that Swede is not myself. I do not blame this community for thinking as such. Thank you all for staying with the thread thus far and understanding my situation (well most of you...) I know that many people don't read a whole thread and evidence is needed. At this point I do have it. I have all of the pictures. Although I will ask the community I have been with for over 7 years whether posting it here first would be smart instead of going to some sort of archeologist or something....

And thank you Saru for not closing down this thread. I really am sorry for being away for so long. For those that were concerned, my fiance is well and recovering amazingly. Thanks for the support on her end!

For those that ignored my lifemate: would you choose proving something to a message board community over your own family? I would hope not. Again thanks for understanding for those that have.

Does anyone on here know where I can submit these photos and location in which it would not get sensationalized? If so please P.M. me.... -Twilight

Edit: additional stuff ;)

Edited by TwilightSilver
  • Like 1

Sorry for the double post...:(

Swede: while I appreciate what you are posting, I think that you are getting off topic a bit. While it is interesting, I can't see how what you are describing might have to do with the stone. :) Not trying to be a jerk. :)

Edit: Another phone/tired issue

Edited by TwilightSilver
  • Like 2

Glad to hear that your fiance is doing well! Hopefully you are too!

As to the photos, personally I don't think sharing a photo on line here would do damage to the credibility of an archeological site so long as you don't reveal the location because the land is private property and secondly (sadly) to preserve the site in case of trophy hunters.

. Here is some info on whom to contact in New York about historic sites and archeology

Daniel Bagrow (518) 237-8643 ext.3254 http://nysparks.com/shpo/contact/ , he covers the Saratoga region so at least should be able to answer some questions for you. Definately send him a copy of the photos so that he can access them. Most states have an archeology department I only know of this because neighbor of ours found a lot of artefacts on thier property and contacted the archeology department to find out about them. They were simply digging their garden and came across them.

Regards,

Mabon.

Edit because my computer seems to have lost it's mind.

Edited by Mabon

Sorry for the double post... :(

Swede: while I appreciate what you are posting, I think that you are getting off topic a bit. While it is interesting, I can't see how what you are describing might have to do with the stone. :) Not trying to be a jerk. :)

Edit: Another phone/tired issue

TS: Rest assured that my responses were in regards to a questionable (!) video presented by Davros and have nothing to do with the specifics of your particular case.

As to your inquires in regards to the presentation of the photos, feel free to send me a personal message. Will be away from computer access for the next few days due to remote research. Will attempt to assist as time allows.

Oh My God... Are you serious... After all this, after telling everyone about it, and then saying you went there and you got pics to prove it.... and then asking people to go on an exgavation with you...... you come back now and say... Oh yeah, I have these awesome pics, but I'm not posting them here anymore.....???? Really???

Dakota,

The "excavation" was a momentary entertaining idea. It's impossible due to the fact I do not own the property anymore. I understand your frustration, but I would appreciate less hostility if possible. : ( I know everyone is waiting but I'm taking several avenues here.

Mabon,

Thanks for the kind words and advice! I'll definatly give that number a call tomorrow! I'm happy to have some help with this! :)

Swede:

I'll PM you shortly. Thanks for not taking my post the wrong way haha. I was thinking after the fact it might have been harsh.

Timonthy:

I do understand. I regret now posting that I "swear" I would within a certain amount of time. It was a stupid and rash decision. You are correct. For those that have known me on U.M know that out of anything, I am not a troller. I am a natural born skeptic. I understand everyone here who would think otherwise. I would think it as well. I cannot count out the fact of unforseen issues with my fiance though and it has taken a toll on me. Please forgive.

If this community or moderators wish to delete this thread until I can repost with actual evidence to back up my claims I would have no issue with it. From now on I will never post claiming to post some substantial evidence without it ready to be presented. Should the thread remain, I will be making periodic posts as well. I am exploring (as I had stated several avenues of contact first). Thank you all who have stuck with this so far over the months. -Twilight

• Like 1

Timonthy:

I do understand. I regret now posting that I "swear" I would within a certain amount of time. It was a stupid and rash decision. You are correct. For those that have known me on U.M know that out of anything, I am not a troller. I am a natural born skeptic. I understand everyone here who would think otherwise. I would think it as well. I cannot count out the fact of unforseen issues with my fiance though and it has taken a toll on me. Please forgive.

If this community or moderators wish to delete this thread until I can repost with actual evidence to back up my claims I would have no issue with it. From now on I will never post claiming to post some substantial evidence without it ready to be presented. Should the thread remain, I will be making periodic posts as well. I am exploring (as I had stated several avenues of contact first). Thank you all who have stuck with this so far over the months. -Twilight

Thanks for the reply - I'll keep an eye out for updates!

• Like 1

I appreciate it Timonthy! :)

Thanks to Swede I had gotten in contact with the geological survey. Hopefully I'll hear back soon. Never thought of that. I'm treading carefully though since it's no longer my property....

I'll update tomorrow night.

Everyone:

Sorry for the massive delay. It has been an awful month. I can assure as well that Swede is not myself. I do not blame this community for thinking as such. Thank you all for staying with the thread thus far and understanding my situation (well most of you...) I know that many people don't read a whole thread and evidence is needed. At this point I do have it. I have all of the pictures. Although I will ask the community I have been with for over 7 years whether posting it here first would be smart instead of going to some sort of archeologist or something....

And thank you Saru for not closing down this thread. I really am sorry for being away for so long. For those that were concerned, my fiance is well and recovering amazingly. Thanks for the support on her end!

For those that ignored my lifemate: would you choose proving something to a message board community over your own family? I would hope not. Again thanks for understanding for those that have.

Does anyone on here know where I can submit these photos and location in which it would not get sensationalized? If so please P.M. me.... -Twilight

Edit: additional stuff ;)

No worires buddy, Glad shes okay.

If you feel that you want to show it to a Museum, or an archeologist, by all means go ahead. I can wait.

And for your last question. Do you mean a place where you can upload the pictures for us to see? if so, use Photobucket.com

Cheers

Cazee

+

Herenow,

Yes I do have a sketching as well as a charcoal rubbing. Does anyone know if I could be able to upload a picture on here from a phone? I sadly don't have a scanner here. I could always use Office Max to scan them tomorrow or else I could potentially post from my phone this A.M if that's possible.

I cannot believe how long it takes for professionals (as in avenues stated throughout this thread) to respond via e-mail on this thing. It is very frustrating. I'm trying my best guys and gals while following the guidelines I was told to historically. : ) Again, thanks guys for the support and ideas?

Edit: I don't have a phone with a removable sd card to be able to post on photobucket I don't think. I'm mainly a musician. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I'm not quite sure how to manage to post it from my phone. (this guy is a phone idiot aka me....haha)

Edited by TwilightSilver

Herenow,

Yes I do have a sketching as well as a charcoal rubbing. Does anyone know if I could be able to upload a picture on here from a phone? I sadly don't have a scanner here. I could always use Office Max to scan them tomorrow or else I could potentially post from my phone this A.M if that's possible.

back on page 2 of the thread, you mentioned that you were going to scan your 35mm photos and upload them here to show people...... So just use what ever scanner you were going to use there to scan your charcoal rubbing :-) Looking forward to seeing anything you can finally share :-)

Open the photo gallery, long press on the photo, select gmail as the sharing option and email it to yourself. Then you will have it on the computer.

Would be nice if we could get something here.

• 2 weeks later...

No all. I'll be showing you the charcoal rubbings and SOME pics this weekend. Not a troll here thank you very much. I'm sure as much as your patience is wearing thin on this so is mine with the comments. I appreciate thoae that have stuck but I would ask that those jerks posting otherwise to stop attacking me on the subject. More things have been going on than you know. Thanks. - Twilight

• Like 1

I think everyone is being to judgemental. It sounds to me like Twilight has a lot going on. He's been a member since 2006, so why would he be trolling? I'm looking forward to the pics whenever they get posted. There's plenty of other things out there to read about in the mean time.

Is there anyone following this thread that know anything about the history of these kinds of stones?

Twilight, hand in there! :tu:

• Like 1

I think everyone is being to judgemental. It sounds to me like Twilight has a lot going on. He's been a member since 2006, so why would he be trolling? I'm looking forward to the pics whenever they get posted. There's plenty of other things out there to read about in the mean time.

Is there anyone following this thread that know anything about the history of these kinds of stones?

Twilight, hand in there! :tu:

That's why I previously suggested that we close the thread (with Twilights permission) until images can be provided.

Whether it's sincere or not, the thread (me involved too) has expectantly taken a nosedive and it would be best for Twilights reputation and to limit malicious posts by closing it for the time being.

I check it every time someone replies - I don't want to see their replies - I just want to see the photos/pictures and move on with an productive discussion.

*several posts removed*

It is simply not acceptable for anyone's reputation to be lambasted by mere impatience, and as an admin had already posted on the thread previously, which was ignored by several who continued to whine the same old line. Please note that by repeatedly calling someone a troll and not reporting it, you are by very definition trolling or disrupting the thread also.

Twilightsilver is not a troll and everyone is just going to have to be patient until he has the means to provide something. Until then please keep your postings civil and respectful and if you have any member issues or suspect dishonesty, do the the appropriate thing and contact a moderator about it. Using a thread to make public accusations or for the purpose of defaming another member is against the rules -

• 5e. Disrespectful conduct: Do not be rude, unpleasant or disrespectful towards other members - always be polite and courteous.

Twilightsilver if you would like this thread closed until you are ready, drop one of us a PM,

Thanks.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...