Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you believe the moon landing was fake?

Nighthawk9653

In the Memory of our Late Great Mid , Anyone whom believes that the Moon Landings were a Hoax,Will Indeed Be Eatten By a Milloin Chupra-charbraysnessy monsters tonight when the y shut there eyes and doze off tonever,never Land !

I see you watching us Mid ! We know your on our Six !

Cheer`s mate :tu:

In memory of Mid? Oh no. What happened?

[media=]

[/media]

#1 Though I found this argument to be pretty weak, I thought Id bring it up any way. Seems that when you double the speed of the video clips where the astronauts are walking, it looks like they are running with the gravity level similar to earths. Same with the vehicle they were driving.

#2 From what I understand, there was no extra lighting at all other then the sun light. I dont even know if thats true, but this video claims NASA says as much. Yet there are several pics where shadows are not pointing in the same direction. If there is no other source of light then the sun, obviously all the shadows would certainly point in the same direction.

#3 There are 2 pics of the same exact area, one showing the lunar module, the other without it there at all. Obviously that would be difficult to explain.

#4 According to the video, on day one they took a pic of a location showing one of the astronauts just standing there. Then there is another pic thats suppose to be on the second day, and 2 and 1/2 miles away from the first location, but the back ground in both are exactly the same. They even over lapped the pics to prove the locations were identicle.

#5 They put cross hairs on all the pics. But in some of the pics the cross hairs are behind the images. Watching the video, they make it seem as though thats pretty relevent to say that the pics were doctored. You'd have to watch the video to get a better understanding, cause I dont think Im doing this argument much justice.

Anyhow like I said, I have no dog in this fight. Nor am I saying that the points brought up necessarily mean anything. I just brought them up for fun basicaly. Thanks for your replies ahead of time.

1) The "half speed" approach seems to work sometimes but in other clips it looks very peculiar

2) There was one "point" source of light...the Sun. However, it was illuminating the surface, which provided a lot of "fill" lighting for the scene. That's why Aldrin coming down the ladder in "shadow" was illuminated so well (plus photographer Armstrong's white suit, in the sunlight. also provided light). As for non-paralell shadows, uneven terrain and paralax explains these.

3) While the scenery might appear identical, it would be very easy to move 50-100 feet, eliminating/changing foreground objects/scenery while the distant (several miles distant) mountains wouldn't change percepably. How do you determine "exactly the same"?

4) see above

5) The crosshairs were sometimes washed out by bright objects in the frame.

Whats up guys? First let me say I have no dog in this fight. In regards to whether or not this is fake, Ive never really cared enough to look into it. So far in this thread, the conspiracy folks havent done a very good job representing thier beliefs on why they think its fake.

They have utterly failed. Their claim on the flag waving was debunked on Myth Busters because such flag waving could be expect in a vacuum because there is no air on the moon to offer resistance to its movement.

Their claim on the footprint issue was debunked because conspiracist were unaware of the physics involved and in fact, such footprints would have been expected on the moon.

Their claim on the "Van Allen Belts" have been debunked because they didn't bother to do their homework to understand the astronauts did not past through the most hazardous regions of the "Van Allen Belts" nor were they in the belts long enough to acquire enough exposure to do serious harm.

Astronaut Radiation Exposure and the Van Allen Belts

According to radiation dosimeters carried by Apollo astronauts, their total dosage for the entire trip to the moon and return was not more than 2 Rads over 6 days.

The total dosage for the trip is only 11.4 Rads in 52.8 minutes. Because 52.8 minutes is equal to 0.88 hours, his is equal to a dosage of 11.4 Rads / 0.88 hours = 13 Rads in one hour, which is well below the 300 Rads in one hour that is considered to be lethal.

Also, this radiation exposure would be for an astronaut outside the spacecraft during the transit through the belts. The radiation shielding inside the spacecraft cuts down the 13 Rads/hour exposure so that it is completely harmless.

Doug Millard

"You can pass through quite safely as long as you don't linger too long,"

Doug Millard at the Science Museum in London.

Van Allen Belts

The figure below, produced by scientists from the NASA, CRRES satellite, shows the radiation dosages at various locations within the belts.

doserate1.gif

1. The speed of the spacecraft will be about 25,000 km/hour. If the spacecraft travels along the indicated path, how long, in minutes, will it spend in the Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange and Red regions?

Note: transit estimates may vary depending on how accurately students measure figure.

Blue: 1.8 Re x (6378 km/Re) x (1 hour/25,000 km) x (60 minutes/1 hour) = 27.6 minutes

Yellow: (1.4 x 6378) /25,000 x 60 = 6.1 minutes

Orange: (1.0 x 6378) / 25,000 x 60 = 15.3 minutes

Green: (0.25 x 6378)/25,000 x 60 = 3.8 minutes

Red: 0 minutes

Total transit time……………………… 52.8 minutes

2. Given the indicated radiation dosages in Rads/sec for each zone, what will be the dosages that the astronauts receive in each zone?

Blue: = 27.6 minutes x ( 60 sec/ 1 minute) x (0.0001 Rads/sec) = 0.17 Rads

Yellow = 6.1 minutes x 60 sec/minute x 0.005 rads/sec = 1.83 Rads

Orange = 15.3 minutes x (60 sec/minute) x 0.01 rads/sec = 9.18 Rads

Green = 3.8 minutes x (60 sec/minute) x 0.001 rads/sec = 0.23 Rads

3. What will be the total radiation dosage in Rads for the transit through the belts?

0.17 + 1.83 + 9.18 + 0.23 = 11.4 Rads

4. According to radiation dosimeters carried by Apollo astronauts, their total dosage for the entire trip to the moon and return was not more than 2 Rads over 6 days.

The total dosage for the trip is only 11.4 Rads in 52.8 minutes. Because 52.8 minutes is equal to 0.88 hours, his is equal to a dosage of 11.4 Rads / 0.88 hours = 13

http://www.braeunig....pollo11-TLI.htm

Look at it as taking a medical X-ray because your exposure is not long enough to cause serious harm to your body or a one-second microwave time exposure of a bowl of soup, which of course is not even long enough to heat the soup to the proper temperature. Simple logic that was ignored by the moon conspiracist.

The Apollo moon landing sites have been photographed by other countries confirming the fact that astronauts because even their footprints were photographed from overhead.

LRO_Apollo14_landing_site_369228main_ap14labeled_540.jpg

The Soviet Union and other nations have tracked the Apollo moon missions to the moon and back and there was not way to coverup a moon hoax. In fact, my flying buddy and my base were involved in the Apollo 14 astronaut recovery after their moon mission.

To sum it up, conspiracy claims have been successfully debunked.

If you truly believed it was just garbage, you would have absolutely no reason to bring it up.

Wrong again, Turbs... But you should be used to hearing that by now...

Since this is now a "new thread" about this topic I brought it up to make sure that all the new people here know and so that the folks who have seen or dealt with your tactics before remember that your posts are generally uneducated and willfully ignorant trash, and in some cases in the past, outright fabrications.

Thanks for throwing the spotlight on my post, though. It gives me the opportunity to clarify exactly what I meant.... :tu:

But you obviously have a near-psychotic obsession with it, and with me personally. This indicates you're struggling to deal with an internal conflict..

Good luck with that.

Holy hell... conceited much?? :huh: Get the **** over yourself already....

Warning people here about you and your tripe is about the same as warning people of an impending tornado or avian flu outbreak.

Cz

Edited by Czero 101
  • Like 2

[media=]

[/media]

Whats up guys? First let me say I have no dog in this fight. In regards to whether or not this is fake, Ive never really cared enough to look into it. So far in this thread, the conspiracy folks havent done a very good job representing thier beliefs on why they think its fake. Then again, its pretty clear that resorting to personal attacks isnt above those who believe it was real, so that might go along way in explaining why no one has put forth any good arguments. Anyhow I found this video, and though it hasnt convinced me it was fake, I thought it might have brought up a couple good points, but I wanted to hear both sides of points brought up cause the video doesnt give the other side a chance to explain why they arent good points.

I made a few quick notes about the points the video brought up, and am looking forward to hearing the other side of the story. Some points are better then others.

#1 Though I found this argument to be pretty weak, I thought Id bring it up any way. Seems that when you double the speed of the video clips where the astronauts are walking, it looks like they are running with the gravity level similar to earths. Same with the vehicle they were driving.

#2 From what I understand, there was no extra lighting at all other then the sun light. I dont even know if thats true, but this video claims NASA says as much. Yet there are several pics where shadows are not pointing in the same direction. If there is no other source of light then the sun, obviously all the shadows would certainly point in the same direction.

#3 There are 2 pics of the same exact area, one showing the lunar module, the other without it there at all. Obviously that would be difficult to explain.

#4 According to the video, on day one they took a pic of a location showing one of the astronauts just standing there. Then there is another pic thats suppose to be on the second day, and 2 and 1/2 miles away from the first location, but the back ground in both are exactly the same. They even over lapped the pics to prove the locations were identicle.

#5 They put cross hairs on all the pics. But in some of the pics the cross hairs are behind the images. Watching the video, they make it seem as though thats pretty relevent to say that the pics were doctored. You'd have to watch the video to get a better understanding, cause I dont think Im doing this argument much justice.

Anyhow like I said, I have no dog in this fight. Nor am I saying that the points brought up necessarily mean anything. I just brought them up for fun basicaly. Thanks for your replies ahead of time.

Mrbusdriver already covered 1-3 pretty well. #4 was claimed to be a different location by a single documentary that was NOT made by NASA. The film maker screwed up. NASA never claimed it was a second location and the footage used is from the same EVA.

#5 As mentioned, the crosshairs were sometimes washed out by bright objects in the frame. You can test this for yourself. Not only can you recreate it with pics taken in sunlight on Earth, but every time they seem to disappear on Apollo photos it is on a sunlit white object. Those crosshairs are also still visible on the high res pics. Hoaxies without fail like to use the low res pics. There is a pic of the US flag with a crosshair on it that only disappears on the white stripes, not the red

• Like 1

Wrong again, Turbs... But you should be used to hearing that by now...

Since this is now a "new thread" about this topic I brought it up to make sure that all the new people here know and so that the folks who have seen or dealt with your tactics before remember that your posts are generally uneducated and willfully ignorant trash, and in some cases in the past, outright fabrications.

Thanks for throwing the spotlight on my post, though. It gives me the opportunity to clarify exactly what I meant.... :tu:

Holy hell... conceited much?? :huh: Get the **** over yourself already....

Warning people here about you and your tripe is about the same as warning people of an impending tornado or avian flu outbreak.

A claim with nothing to support it. I mean, really, who could ever doubt you here?!?

:whistle:

A claim with nothing to support it. I mean, really, who could ever doubt you here?!?

Oh Turbs... :no: ... This coming from the person who has NEVER been able to prove ANY of their claims in the at least 8 YEARS you been peddling your willfully ignorant garbage.... I'll give you credit, though, for at least proving that you know what irony is.

All one has to do is look up any claim you have ever made and then try to find the point in he discussion at which you actually prove anything you claim...

Cz

• Like 4

We already know you have never been able to backup your claims, so what else is new?

• 2 weeks later...

Thousands of NASA scientists are just actors paid to keep the conspiracy alive, and none of them have ever decided to leak the story of the century despite the fame and fortune it would bring them.

Yeah, I believe we landed on the moon

• Like 3

Thousands of NASA scientists are just actors paid to keep the conspiracy alive, and none of them have ever decided to leak the story of the century despite the fame and fortune it would bring them.

Yeah, I believe we landed on the moon

I demand that you stop making so much sense without verifiable proof. :)

In memory of Mid? Oh no. What happened?

We All miss Mid so ,He taught us so much ,in research the facts,Why C.T`s are a pesky Lot ! Ect ! RIP My Friend ! :innocent::tu:

Of course they went to the moon, 24 men have visited the moon and 12 in total walked on it, are they all fakes? no! Even if it was fake, which it was not, we have been there.

To fake the Moon landing would have required THOUSANDS of people who worked directly with the project to have been in on it. That would have been quite an accomplishment in itself.

Doing it once would have achieved the objective...but to push it and fake it another 5 times?

Good grief. Anyone who believes it was faked is incredibly ignorant of the effort it would take.

It would in fact be less effort to actually do it than to fake it.

• Like 2

Considering the cost and effort it would take to fake the landings, you might as well just go to the moon.

Of course not all of us possess basic reasoning.

• Like 2

To fake the Moon landing would have required THOUSANDS of people who worked directly with the project to have been in on it. That would have been quite an accomplishment in itself.

Doing it once would have achieved the objective...but to push it and fake it another 5 times?

Good grief. Anyone who believes it was faked is incredibly ignorant of the effort it would take.

It would in fact be less effort to actually do it than to fake it.

You are correct! Thousand of people would have been involved in such a hoax and no telling how many of those people talk in their sleep in bed with a spouse who loves lots of money and high-priced fancy cars.

All it would take is just one person out of thousands to provide undeniable evidence of a moon hoax and break that news to investigative reporters looking for a sensational story that would advanced their careers to the stars, or should I say, the moon.

Revealing such evidence would no doubt make that whistle blower a millionaire many times over and yet, not one person out of thousands has ever come forward and provide such undeniable evidence, but how can they when the Apollo landing sites have already been photographed by other countries, and some of those photos contain astronaut footprints and wheel tracks, but why waste all of that money on a hoax that would have been doomed in the first place?

I guess the moon hoax folks didn't think that astronauts would eventually return to the moon and study the Apollo moon sites in detail decades later, but I guess they didn't think of such little details.

To be fair not so many people believe in a Moon Landing Hoax.

Considering there are people who believe the earth is flat, there will always be a few believers in a moon hoax but the ratio of HBs to others is VERY small as is evident in UM. The few remaining HBs help keep such threads like this going. Thanks to them I've learned so much from the Moon Hoax threads, especially from MID and many others. So in the end I think it's all good, as long as we respect each other. :tu:

• Like 1

An astronaut is in a pressurized spacesuit.

He is walking on the moon, With no atmosphere, and 1/6 Earth's gravity.

Would he walk and move about faster, the same, or slower, than he would on Earth?

Support your answer - a valid reason

Well, the spacesuit is pressurized to 3.x pounds pure oxygen. It has 30-some pounds mass. It is engineered with as much flexibility as possible. And they are wearing a backpack which offsets their cg towards the rear.

Watching the astronauts on the surface, once acclimated to the low g environment, they developed techniques which allowed them to cover ground fairly quickly.

It really depends on what exactly they were doing at the time as to how comfortable they were in moving fairly quickly. No, they couldn't/wouldn't "run" in the terrestrial sense.

Mass is the same but weight is different. Momentum will remain the same. This means you have to move differently.

As mrbusdriver has said, the CofG was changed.

cog2.jpg

So they had to learn to move about with these conditions; that's why the first period on the surface was set aside as acclimatation. Various styles of movement were trialled but most atsronauts agreed that a left-right 'lope' gave the best combination of speed, stability and controlability.

Of course, Turbo will claim this is somehow impossible.

• Like 1

To be fair not so many people believe in a Moon Landing Hoax.

I believe the Mythbusters put the Hoax to rest for the those who lacked the necessary knowledge (it is rocket science after all :-) ) but who were basically honest doubters.

Kaysing, Rene, Jack White are dead (those evil NASA assasination Squads), what's left are mostly people like Bart "punched by Buzz" Sibrel, David Reptile Icke, Jim "the USA will use a scrapped Warship in a False Flag conspiracy against Iran" Fetzer, "Heiwa", a certain Multisockpuppeter with a strange obsession... in other words, a really illustrious group...

Its fun to read the antics of these C.T`s They all fall into that label of Not too Bright,But Indeed its fun to read there insane Ideas.

Just think about it ! Did you not See the SaturnVs Leave our Planet in the Late 60`s and 70`s ? That was amazing ! You Had to Be there It would make a believer out of Anyone ! I got to See One launch,It will Live with me forever,the rest I watched on the tube. It was real they Did go nuff said. :tu:

It really makes me concerned about the future...I mean, I hope to God that these "low information" folks are a significant minority, but I fear they aren't. They glom on to each other for mutual support, and it just amplifies their ignorance.

Meanwhile, south of me here, high school students went through intensive "rocket science" classes, designed and built a (big!) rocket and a number of science payloads and launched it a number of miles up.

There's still hope...

You are correct! Thousand of people would have been involved in such a hoax and no telling how many of those people talk in their sleep in bed with a spouse who loves lots of money and high-priced fancy cars.

All it would take is just one person out of thousands to provide undeniable evidence of a moon hoax and break that news to investigative reporters looking for a sensational story that would advanced their careers to the stars, or should I say, the moon.

Revealing such evidence would no doubt make that whistle blower a millionaire many times over and yet, not one person out of thousands has ever come forward and provide such undeniable evidence, but how can they when the Apollo landing sites have already been photographed by other countries, and some of those photos contain astronaut footprints and wheel tracks, but why waste all of that money on a hoax that would have been doomed in the first place?

I guess the moon hoax folks didn't think that astronauts would eventually return to the moon and study the Apollo moon sites in detail decades later, but I guess they didn't think of such little details.

And let's also add to that, the millions of people who were inspired to pursue careers in the sciences because of the Apollo program.

None of those folks ever figured it out and/or if they did, weren't p***ed off enough to blow the whistle on the whole thing?`