Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Why Some Remember Dreams, Others Don't

Still Waters

People who tend to remember their dreams also respond more strongly than others to hearing their name when they're awake, new research suggests.

Everyone dreams during sleep, but not everyone recalls the mental escapade the next day, and scientists aren't sure why some people remember more than others.

http://www.livescien...all-dreams.html

• Like 3

I have never remembered ever dreaming. I go to sleep and wake up.

theres a moment between the hypnagogic state and waking that I can choose to remember, if I don't do this I will only remember my dreams at random points of the day. lucid dreams are easier to remember but can be forgotten as well. I think that when recalling the passing day you don't remember every moment, so we shouldn't expect to remember dreams when they don't relate to our daily schedules

I've always been a vivid dreamer, and I consistently remember my dreams, too. I tend to be a lucid dreamer (without really trying to be), so I have to wonder if remembering dreams has something to do with a greater level of consciousness while asleep.

i also day dream a lot lol, don't know if that's why im good at dreaming as im unintentionally dreaming through the day lol

I almost always remember a dream I was having when I wake up. If I don't try to keep it in my head it fades quickly. Except for some dreams, like last night I dreamed again about using the internet. My dream internet is a whole lot better than my awake internet.

• Like 1

I almost always remember a dream I was having when I wake up. If I don't try to keep it in my head it fades quickly. Except for some dreams, like last night I dreamed again about using the internet. My dream internet is a whole lot better than my awake internet.

I have an aquarium at home and when I dream about going to the fish shop in my dreams, theres the most crazy crazy things in the fish tanks. a Cyclops finger water breathing monkey, a giant underwater bluenose fly and loads of other fish that just couldn't possibly exist. I think even though when a wake I know 99% of the stock in fish shops, the experience of being a child in a pet/fish shop and not knowing what im going to see is carried on to my adult self and revealing its self in this weird way. I also have the experience of jungle gyms towering over me as a kid occasionally presented to me as an adult and the gyms being of behemoth proportions, they seem impossible to scale but I see others doing it and I some how seem to scale it with high adrenaline ease.

I remember most of my dreams and years of DYI bow hunting have made my hearing very sensitive. The study makes sense from my experiences.

I had lack of dreams, but after taking Melatonin for a while they seemed to come back. But I eventually stopped the supplement because it made me tired during the day and now i can't remember any of them anymore. Ah well. It is rumored that dreams have to do with the pineal gland which produces the body's melatonin. In some people, the pineal eventually starts to crap out as they age due to calicification.

Edited by WoIverine

I use to never remember my dream BUT one day someone told me that their pysch professor told them that if they tell themselves three times before they go to sleep that they will remember their dream that they will.

I did it and it worked, so I continued doing it for weeks then stopped and I remember them now. sometimes I even remember three a night.

The thing is you can train yourself to have better dream recall and self awareness, there is a link between the two not only in sleep time but conscious time too.