Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seattle police to hand out Doritos

MissMelsWell

SEATTLE - Seattle police plan to use Hempfest, the annual pro-marijuana event and potential cases of the munchies to get their message to the masses.

SPD calls it Operation Orange Fingers, and they plan to hand deliver a thousand bags of Doritos with a label attached that will send Hempfest attendees to SPD's site, Marijwhatnow? A legal guide to marijuana in Seattle.

http://www.king5.com/news/editors-pick/Seattle-police-to-hand-out-Doritos-at-Hempfest--219649131.html

This is freakin' hilarious. But honestly, since Washington State legalized marijuana, the Seattle police have been quite good natured with a sense of humor about the whole situation (and in fact, the police departments in the metro areas supported legalization) Their blogs on the topic of legalization have been dang funny. LOL.

Edited by MissMelsWell
  • Like 5

That's great they have such a good sense of humour about it. :)

• Like 2

I bet the cops are smoking weed.. and eat chips with the hippes!!!

yeah man let's all smoke and relax.. and I would like a bag of chips!

Operation orange fingers sounds like a pretty good operation.

The funny part of this whole legalization thing is watching the state try to figure out how to make money at it while effectively squashing the black market as well. right now, the whole thing is kind of chaotic. I've seen more people openly smoking in public but recent studies show that fewer people than ever are actually using it in the metro area.

The reality is that marijuana usage and possession has been unofficially decriminalized in Seattle for over a decade, so this change over to full legalization isn't that big of a deal... the BIG change will be the legal production and distribution channels. It should be interesting in the coming 5-6 months when we should see some state run pot stores opening up.

I live in a place where weed is legalized and I love it, I use to have to take a ton of painkillers and blood pressure medicines. But now I don't need anymore painkillers the weed does the job of EVERYTHING.

This is from the Seattle Police Department regarding the current state and legality of Marijuana... this is HILARIOUS too. it's all accurate and true, there's no bad information here, but the presentation in this article that's being attached to the Doritos that are being handed out is FUNNY.

http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2012/11/09/marijwhatnow-a-guide-to-legal-marijuana-use-in-seattle/

hope for humanity!...or at least hippies.

I thought that I'd post a picture of one of the actual bags handed out at Hempfest by the cops--they really do have a sense of humor! LOL:

Seattle+Police+Department+hand+out+Doritos+-1.jpg

• Like 2

There's a few other 'do nots' they could have included.

Do not smoke weed if you have mental health problems, are easily addicted to substances or have cardio-vascular problems. Sorry to be a party-pooper, pilgrims but I speak from experience.

Still good to see the cops being nice though. :)

I wonder if the same kind of state-related chaos occurred when Prohibition ended. One of the easiest ways, I would think, is to use tax stamps the way they do on cigarettes.

I wonder if the same kind of state-related chaos occurred when Prohibition ended. One of the easiest ways, I would think, is to use tax stamps the way they do on cigarettes.

Oh there's really no doubt that it will be taxed stamped in WA. State the way both cigarettes and alcohol are. We'll know more about tax stamping and distribution this coming December. Things are getting interesting here in Washington. LOL. Although, not too surprisingly, overall marijuana usage in Washington State is actually down already, according to the statisticians... but visibility of usage is way up. haha.