Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The U.S. in Bible Prophecy

Ultima Weapon

In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon, Daniel had a dream, and visions passed through his mind as he was lying on his bed. He wrote down the substance of his dream. Daniel said: "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me were the four winds of heaven churning up the great sea. Four great beasts, each different from the others, came up out of the sea."

In Bible Prophecy, Beasts always represent Kingdoms or Nations, as referenced in Daniel 7:17.

"The first was like a Lion, and had wings of an Eagle. I watched until its wings were torn off and it was lifted from the ground so that it stood on two feet like a man, and the heart of a man was given to it."

Most everyone knows that the national symbol for Great Britain is the Lion, and the national symbol for America is the Eagle. However what's most striking about this passage is that the Eagle's wings that this prophetic Lion possesses are torn off from it. This sounds strikingly similar to the American Revolution, especially considering the U.S. was born from Great Britain. If you think about the American revolution and use the two Nation's Mascots in place of their names, then an 'Eagle was literally torn off from a Lion.'

Not only that, but in Revelation 12, the woman with the 12 stars over her head (twelve tribes of Judah) who gave birth to the messiah obviously represents the nation of Israel, yet in Revelation 12:14 she was given "the two great wings of an Eagle." The United States has always supported Israel, and was founded as a Christian Nation. It makes sense why Israel gains the two Eagle wings, if the two Eagle wings in Daniel are the U.S.

"And there before me was another beast, one that looked like a Bear. It was raised up on one of it's sides and it had three ribs in it's mouth between its teeth. It was told, 'Get up and eat your fill of flesh!'"

Many of you may also know that the symbol or mascot for Russia is the bear. I honestly don't know whether the rest of the above passage is relevant or not, nor if it is what it's significance would be. All I know is that Beasts in Bible Prophecy are directly mentioned as representing Nations or Kingdoms, and if Great Britain and the U.S. are described above this passage, then this passage most likely represents Russia.

"After that I looked and there before me was another beast, one that looked like a Leopard. And on its back were four wings like those of a bird. This beast had four heads, and it was given authority to rule."

The national symbol for Germany is the Leopard. If the Eagle wings on the Lion represent a revolution such as the American revolution, then the wings on the Leopard could easily represent the German revolution of WW I, and the Nazi Party Germany WW II. Notice these wings don't break off from the Leopard because these two revolutions don't break away from Germany. As for the four heads of the Leopard, once again I honestly don't know. However with this many connections, I'm absolutely sure this is Germany and hopefully some of you could help out in solving this piece of the puzzle with me.

The fourth Beast in Bible prophecy is describing the coming one world government of the antichrist which is obviously not here yet, however I may discuss this part in a separate thread.

I would also note that these four Nations mentioned above (Great Britain, The United States, Russia, and Germany) are not just any random collection of Nations today, but are quite possible the most notable four Nations of this century for being so deeply rich in worldwide history. Also this chapter (Daniel 7) is a deep description of end time prophecy, and if the U.S. is the Eagle's wings on the Nation of Israel (Rev. 12:14) then this gives even greater insight as to exactly how close we actually are to the end times.

Peace and God Bless. :)

• Like 2

I dont wish to upset,but the U.S.A has only about 300 years of History in comparison with the other 3..When the Bible was written their wisest scholars hardly knew where Britain was,and Germany was known as Saxony,they cetainly had no idea the America existed,so maybe the animals you mention represented other nations nearer their homeland.

is not a creature with the body of a Lion and the wings of an Eagle a

Griffin? Might that have been what our colourful friend Daniel was thinking of?

"In legend, griffins not only mated for life, but if either partner died, then the other would continue the rest of its life alone, never to search for a new mate. The griffin was thus made an emblem of the Church's views on remarriage. A Hippogriff is a legendary creature, supposedly the offspring of a griffin and a mare. Being a union of a terrestrial beast and an aerial bird, it was seen in Christendom to be a symbol of Jesus, who was both human and divine. As such it can be found sculpted on some churches", I hear.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh

Jesus was an alien.

And there's much of it in the Bible though....

Thanks for the post, Aquila. Can you give us a source or reference for this idea that "the national symbol of Germany is a leopard?" That's a new one on me. German Imperial flags and banners and Nazi standards prominently featured an eagle. One German military tank was named "Leopard," that's all I know.

As for the rest, if you haven't read Hal Lindsay's 1970 book The Late, Great Planet Earth, your post is remarkably congruent with it. However, as you speak of world powers and/or influential nations, where do China, France, India and the Islamic nations (especially those with nuclear capacity, such as Pakistan) fit into the mix?

Lindsay made the intellectual error of 'speculative certainty' (or proceeded with too much certainty), thereby compromising his credibility. It's interesting to speculate what the ancient prophets may have meant, but to think we can gain definitive, unambiguous knowledge from them is quite another thing.

maybe it refers to the fall of Germans during the war not to the U.S. cause if they are the same eagle then the one flying and do the talking is the eagle refers to the U.S.

maybe it refers to the fall of Germans during the war not to the U.S. cause if they are the same eagle then the one flying and do the talking is the eagle refers to the U.S.

I'm wondering about the leopard.

Thanks for the post, Aquila. Can you give us a source or reference for this idea that "the national symbol of Germany is a leopard?" That's a new one on me. German Imperial flags and banners and Nazi standards prominently featured an eagle. One German military tank was named "Leopard," that's all I know.

Could just as well be Tiger or Panther. I think the Eagle was primarily the symbol of Germany and Prussia, it (or at least form of heraldic bird of prey) certainly featured on the Prussian flag, as well as being popular with AH & friends, of course. Napoleon too, in fact. In fact, it seems to have always been popular with militaristic nations.

I'm wondering about the leopard.

maybe one of the axis...

maybe one of the axis...

Ah-hah! Iran, of course! Thanks, Colonel.

United States has always supported Israel, and was founded as a Christian Nation.

Um...no it wasn't. It was founded as a nation with freedom of religion. ;)

• Like 3

Interesting analysis. I don't know if this represents the US or not, but I do believe America will have a roll in the end times.

In Bible Prophecy, Beasts always represent Kingdoms or Nations, as referenced in Daniel 7:17.

Most everyone knows that the national symbol for Great Britain is the Lion, and the national symbol for America is the Eagle. However what's most striking about this passage is that the Eagle's wings that this prophetic Lion possesses are torn off from it. This sounds strikingly similar to the American Revolution, especially considering the U.S. was born from Great Britain. If you think about the American revolution and use the two Nation's Mascots in place of their names, then an 'Eagle was literally torn off from a Lion.'

Not only that, but in Revelation 12, the woman with the 12 stars over her head (twelve tribes of Judah) who gave birth to the messiah obviously represents the nation of Israel, yet in Revelation 12:14 she was given "the two great wings of an Eagle." The United States has always supported Israel, and was founded as a Christian Nation. It makes sense why Israel gains the two Eagle wings, if the two Eagle wings in Daniel are the U.S.

Many of you may also know that the symbol or mascot for Russia is the bear. I honestly don't know whether the rest of the above passage is relevant or not, nor if it is what it's significance would be. All I know is that Beasts in Bible Prophecy are directly mentioned as representing Nations or Kingdoms, and if Great Britain and the U.S. are described above this passage, then this passage most likely represents Russia.

The national symbol for Germany is the Leopard. If the Eagle wings on the Lion represent a revolution such as the American revolution, then the wings on the Leopard could easily represent the German revolution of WW I, and the Nazi Party Germany WW II. Notice these wings don't break off from the Leopard because these two revolutions don't break away from Germany. As for the four heads of the Leopard, once again I honestly don't know. However with this many connections, I'm absolutely sure this is Germany and hopefully some of you could help out in solving this piece of the puzzle with me.

The fourth Beast in Bible prophecy is describing the coming one world government of the antichrist which is obviously not here yet, however I may discuss this part in a separate thread.

I would also note that these four Nations mentioned above (Great Britain, The United States, Russia, and Germany) are not just any random collection of Nations today, but are quite possible the most notable four Nations of this century for being so deeply rich in worldwide history. Also this chapter (Daniel 7) is a deep description of end time prophecy, and if the U.S. is the Eagle's wings on the Nation of Israel (Rev. 12:14) then this gives even greater insight as to exactly how close we actually are to the end times.

I love bible prophecy, and to think that our young nation could have significance in the end times, and was written about way back in Daniels time is pretty much to chew on. When I look around at the world and how fast things are moving, I can't help but think that this whole things is going to play out here pretty soon. I know that people have been saying it over and over all the way back to Jesus resurrection, and they have even set a bunch of dates that have come and gone when some people said it was supposed to happen. However the signs of the last day events and modern day technology look awfully familiar to me.

There has never been a day in the history of man that a leader could have controlled the world in the way bible prophecy talks about. Technology has made possible what people just a few years ago never thought possible. Even the young nation of Israel is probably the greatest sign that the end times are close. There is no other nation that has been destroyed and its people dispersed throughout the world, and yet they remained a nation and the people of Israel kept their culture for almost two thousand years and became a nation again. That is a miracle in my eyes.

Daniel 12:4 looks a whole lot like our time to me. When has men been able to go to and fro in the earth like they can in our day. Jump in a jet and be anywhere in only a few hours. Knowledge on the increase, and technology that looks like science fiction, things happening now that only a few years people couldn't have believed.

There has never been a day like ours.

I love bible prophecy,

Why do you love bible prophecy?

Just wondering why ...

Danny

Edited by Philangeli

Just wondering why ...

Danny

Hi Danny,

I love believing that God has a plan, and prophesy helps me see it coming to pass. I have no problem with believing that we are living in the end times. And though I don't like to think of a time of great tribulation, I do like to think that the time when all suffering will come to an end is near.

The natinal symbol for Germany is the eagle, not the leopard.

and its starting with its economy...

Just wondering why ...

Danny

You know, I used to. I really didn't think about the fate of the rest of mankind.

it took me some time to realize that the concept of prophecy, in any form or any origin, is basically an insult to mankind.

It's really scary that many citizens of the nation with the greatest firepower actually believe that the world will end in their time.

• Like 1

Please see posts 7 & 10.

I loved your post. A discussion between Christians on this subject might truly bring some of those mysteries to light.

To fine tune this a bit from my understanding: While it is true that the Messiah did come to the nation of Israel, Revelation 12 seems to be talking about spiritual woman, (the true New Dispensation church). This woman, (spiritual woman) fled into the wilderness and was feed for 3 1/2 years. Jesus' ministry of teaching the true spiritual woman was 3 1/2 years. This same spiritual woman was persecuted. Because of the persecution she was given two wings of a great eagle. History says if it had not been for the Roman Empire (whose symbol was an eagle), Christianity would have been snuffed out. The other wing of the eagle must have been America. Persecution like a flood followed the woman as she fled to America where she again found her place in the wilderness. But the earth (America) swallowed up that flood of persecution and gave religious freedom.

Now, this woman was preserved from the beginning of the New Testament Dispensation for a time (which in the Bible = 400 yrs.), and times (3x400 yrs.= 1200 years) and half a time (200 yrs.) for a total of 1800 years. About that time, around 1800 A.D. the majority of Christians began to take on the "free will" doctrine and fall away from church that started and claimed the doctrines of election and predestination from the revivals of The Reformation and the Great Awakening. The next we see the woman, she is coming out of the wilderness and has morphed into a harlot. (A harlot sells herself in order to survive. Are you getting a picture of today's church that sells trinkets, idols of crosses, yard sales, and bake sales, cruises, entertainments, etc. with her hands always selling in order that her pet charity survives.) Her humanitarian projects have put this harlot in good standing with kings around the globe. She is riding on a dragon. Her teachings are false and the Holy Spirit has not directed her into these many projects which generates so much money that she has rich estates so large that offspring are being groomed to step in and take them over. Many Christians are involved in her money making projects. They are blind to the original way the church worked. God says, Come out of her MY PEOPLE, lest you be partakers of her sins and punishments.

Back to the beasts: I think you are absolutely right about the four nation empires. In Revelation the beast like a leopard (Germany) with feet like a bear (Russia) has a head that has a deadly wound that was healed and came back to life. Germany was destroyed and was dead. Revelation seems to say Germany is coming back to power and people will marvel at this beast.

The other beast has two horns like a lamb. This is a union of the United States and Israel. Both have a strong heritage in the Christian/Judea religion. This beast brings fire down from heaven in the sight of men. The United States has already done that with the atomic bomb. This bomb didn't go up from earth in a rocket. It came down from heaven in an airplane, the Enola Gay. The other part of this same beast also has a wound by a sword and did live in spite of the wound. This wound was not deadly. It did not cause the beast to die. It was wounded and did live. This is a picture of the Jews going through the holocaust. Hitler's efforts to wipe them out to die, they never did. The number of this beast's name numbers is 666.

UNITED = 6 STATES=6 ISRAEL=6.

God bless us all is my prayer.

Hey she is right. Germany's symbol is an eagle.

Perhaps the leopard is the Arabic nations? That would make sense, too, as we see in the news that Russia (the bear) is helping Iran a lot. Reading old church history books written in the 1800's and the defeat of the Turks by Queen Isabella of Spain, the Turks are described as dead never to be bothersome again. But, as we know that is no longer true. The Muslim nations are coming back strong.

I have many times thought that beast in Revelation was either Germany or the Arabic muslim nations. A little more time and we should be able to know from the news what the heads and crowns represent - - - Germany or the muslim Arabic nations.

God bless.

Hey she is right. Germany's symbol is an eagle.

Perhaps the leopard is the Arabic nations? That would make sense, too, as we see in the news that Russia (the bear) is helping Iran a lot. Reading old church history books written in the 1800's and the defeat of the Turks by Queen Isabella of Spain, the Turks are described as dead never to be bothersome again. But, as we know that is no longer true. The Muslim nations are coming back strong.

I have many times thought that beast in Revelation was either Germany or the Arabic muslim nations. A little more time and we should be able to know from the news what the heads and crowns represent - - - Germany or the muslim Arabic nations.

God bless.

According to the page from wiki Pedia I posted earlier, one of the animals representing Iran is indeed the Leopard.

As well as the persian Cat. :cat:

• Like 1