Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Empire's Double Edged Sword: Global Military

Phaeton80

Empire's Double Edged Sword: Global Military + NGOs

Tearing down sovereign nations & replacing them with global system administrators.

by Tony Cartalucci

Part 1: Imperialism is Alive and Well

February 18, 2012 - The British Empire didn't just have a fleet that projected its hegemonic will across the planet, it possessed financial networks to consolidate global economic power, and system administrators to ensure the endless efficient flow of resources from distant lands back to London and into the pockets of England's monied elite. It was a well oiled machine, refined by centuries of experience.

While every schoolchild learns about the British Empire, it seems a common modern-day political malady for adults to believe that reality is organized as their history books were in school - in neat well defined chapters. This leads to the common misconception that the age of imperialism is somehow a closed-chapter in human history. Unfortunately, this is far from the truth. Imperialism did not go extinct. It simply evolved.

Imperialism is alive & well.

There are several pertinent examples illustrating how imperialism is still alive and well, and only cleverly disguised with updated nomenclatures. What we know today as "free trade" actually derives its origins from economic concessions the British frequently extorted from nations under its "gunboat diplomacy" strategy - that is, anchoring gunboats off the coast of a foreign capital, and threatening bombardment and military conquest if certain demands were not met.

AsiaColonization_map_01.jpg

Colonial Southeast Asia circa 1850's. Thailand/Siam was never colonized but made many concessions.

Continue reading here:

http://landdestroyer...ord-global.html

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 1

Moderately interesting, but why is it always the extinct British Empire that is the target for poorly researched papers? The Spanish Empire was equally important in its global reach, as is the USA Empire today.

Why not tell us about why the vast expanses of South America (and Portugal's hold over Brazil) of any less interest.?

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 1

Why dont you actually read the article and find that your questions are completely besides the point of the linked piece.

• Like 1

Moderately interesting, but why is it always the extinct British Empire that is the target for poorly researched papers? The Spanish Empire was equally important in its global reach, as is the USA Empire today.

Why not tell us about why the vast expanses of South America (and Portugal's hold over Brazil) of any less interest.?

Because it doesn't fit the desired narrative of the OP. No harm, no foul, just another broadside against the west in general I think and the US and Britain in particular - we ARE the source of all evil in the universe after all....

Hahaha you certainly love to simplify things dont you AT. A magical mix of extreme simplification added with some strong stereotyping goes a long way to retain your safe little paradigm, doesnt it.

But lets ignore that for a moment; the Spanish, American and even Portugal, are not part of the West in your mind?

Youre an amusing character sir.

Im not quite sure if youre actually serious or just trying to bring a smile to my and other reader's faces. Either way, keep it up.

How about the Ottoman empire for that matter, which ruled all of the Middle East and almost managed to conquer Europe?

Hahaha you certainly love to simplify things dont you AT. A magical mix of extreme simplification added with some strong stereotyping goes a long way to retain your safe little paradigm, doesnt it.

That seems to go for the witer of your article too, with his hamfisted obsession with the dead British empire.

To interpret this as some sort of hit piece against the British Empire and / or the West is, to say the least, a bit shortsighted.. wouldnt you say?

Please adress the content of the article instead of simply labelling it 'unworthy'.

To interpret this as some sort of hit piece against the British Empire and / or the West is, to say the least, a bit shortsighted.. wouldnt you say?

Please adress the content of the article instead of simply labelling it 'unworthy'.

When I step in dogshit I don't have to scrape it off, examine it in detail to know what it is. And as to your insults - you're right - I AM a simple sort of man and quite contented to be so. If I disagree I usually don't need to launch a verbal fusilade. You have a nice day, if you can.

When I step in dogshit I don't have to scrape it off, examine it in detail to know what it is.

Thats wonderful.

All I can say is you should learn to read before you judge, AT.

And just so you know, claiming someone is simplifying certain things does not mean that individual is simple.

But you seem to have regarded, treated me as 'the enemy' as soon as I posted content that didnt conform with your world view.

Edited by Phaeton80