Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Knitting group banned from local library

Still Waters

A knitting group that creates replica anatomical parts for trainee NHS midwives has claimed they are no longer allowed to meet at a library because its needles are ‘dangerous’ and its members are ‘too noisy’.

http://www.telegraph...us-needles.html

• Like 1

Yep... knitting groups are forever in the news with all the trouble they cause. Well done, that library boss!

• Like 3

I dunno.. I've been in stich n b..... groups. If that group is anything like my friends, there for sure is a lot of noise. And just because we stab each other once in a while, that does not mean we are a danger to anyone else.

• Like 5

I dunno.. I've been in stich n b..... groups. If that group is anything like my friends, there for sure is a lot of noise. And just because we stab each other once in a while, that does not mean we are a danger to anyone else.

Still, I'm not sure I could trust you on that. One of you guys could be a serial needler.

• Like 2

maybe they are not just noisy...they're annoying... :innocent:

I would assume also, they're taking up a lot of space, not using the library as an actual library

I would assume also, they're taking up a lot of space, not using the library as an actual library

If the library in question is anything like my local library, they'd be in a room specifically set up for groups to meet in.

Or the library would have three people and a homeless man in it on average.

• Like 2

If the library in question is anything like my local library, they'd be in a room specifically set up for groups to meet in.

Or the library would have three people and a homeless man in it on average.

Our library used to be like that until they got themselves half a dozen computers. Now, it's full of kids who have been thrown off their home computers by their parents and told to go out and play. lol

(I was usually the homeless guy)

Edited by Eldorado

Fail. My library hosts hula dancing, jewelry making, children's crafts days.

Separate rooms, but the hula dancing was in the main room itself.

My library rocks

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

Doesn't the library have conference rooms the group could use? And why, all of a sudden, are knitting needles such a danger (not saying they weren't before)? Sounds like someone just didn't want them there anymore.