Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Look Alikes

Mr-X

Does anyone believe that there is somebody out there that looks exactly like you, eyes, hair, nose just the face in general.

A friend of mine recently told me that he was walking in a mall when he came across someone who looked exactly like him, they both looked at eachother and were shocked then they they just powered walked away. He told me it was like looking at himself in the mirror. Could this be possible.

X

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• odinsupreme

• Mr-X

• Tommy

• R0bby

Top Posters In This Topic

There was this show on foxtel along time ago and they talked about something like this. they said that the chances of finding your EXACT double is a 1 in 5 billion chance!!! So according to them there is only one pair of doubles in the world!

Maybe your friend was looking at a twin that was seperated at birth.

Dowdy,

I personally dont believe that the other guy looked exactly like my friend but enough so that they could both recognise eachothers similarities.

X

You have to wonder though,  with the amount of different ethnic backgrounds and body features as well as amount of people if there really is a double for every person. Chances of 1 in 5 billion is crazy but realistic. Thing is chances of them having the same personnality must be way smaller. I often wonder how many people think the same way as I do, which I think is probably the hardest to compare with. But I know I would be so intrigued by meeting a look alike that I would want to take the time to ask a few questions...just in case we were related. Would anyone else...or would you bolt off out of paranoia.

I would definitely want to compliment her!! :P

Seriously, I would have to try and find out about her(without becoming a stalker!). I wouldn't be able to walk away - guess I have more of a curious nature, than a paranoid one; probably why I like this board!

NORA

Hmmm,

I think that it isn't possible, because your looks are created by your behavior, if you eat to much fat, you will become fat, it just isn't possible that someone does the same things and also looks the same (maybe with cloning).

Odin Supreme  8)

In Germany they are called dopplegangers......

It was considered bad luck to see your double and many considered it to be a warning of impending death .  

Many times my friends have supposedly seen me in various locations, tried to talk to me and I ignored them, only to find out that I was either at home or elsewhere when the incident happened .

Mistaken identity    ???    Not sure.....perhaps if it has only happened maybe once in the course of several years .   But many people have experienced this type of ocurrance with no rational explanation.  The odds of this occurring to one individual more than once have to be staggering. And yet there are stories where a individual is supposedly identified as a long lost friend and upon further investigation quickly find out that they look like their friend but appear to have a look of confusion about them.

If you were to aproach the scientific community they would smile and nod their heads as they made a quick call to the asylum .

There have been stories where both the doppleganger and his double where seen together but many of these are based on mere folktales than documented proof. Perhaps this is where we as individuals get the feeling of Deja-vu .  Traveling to places subconsciously without realizing it and appearing to be in two places at once !  We account episodes of deja-vu as merely dreams...........but what if there is more to this than we can currently comprehend         :o

• 2 weeks later...

It could be possible that two can look alike when you look at the family history.  Throughout the past thousands of years, different family lines have merged, kind of making this possible.

Interesting...

On my Mother's side, she has 11 brothers and sisters, 3 sets of twins amoung them.  None of the twins look even remotely alike.  My mother, however looks exactly like her younger sister.  Her 'twin' is five years younger than her.  When I first saw my aunt, it was very eery. They look like exact twins.  They have different voices.  The tones are drastically different.

Reese :-*

• 4 weeks later...

In the Netherlands they are called Dubbelganger.  ;)

gvd, your Dutch is worse thatn your english Odin! It's 'DUBBELGANGERS' 'they' is namelijk meervoud, en het meervoud van dubbelganger is DUBBELGANGERS.

I'm sure that I would be totally freaked out if I where to walk in a mall and I came across my Lookalike. After I talked to him for 2 mins or so, we would probably be in a fight....;)

Ach man, jij opgefokte neergescheten kwakzalver met een drol op je hooft die door het doorkruisen van een mestkever in mekaar is gezakt... ;D

By the way, I have heard that there is a change of 1 in 10,000,000 that you find someone with the same genes, so, let's breed some more humans! ;)

Odin Supreme 8)

I think that if the two people weren’t related in some way, I would classify it as impossible. Sure people share similar characteristics, but for all these possible variables to come together and to form a complete replicate I believe that the odds are so high against this being the case, that I would call it impossible.

Tommy

:s8

image I must admit Odin, I seem to be going through a smilie phase at the moment!! image

I'm sure I'll come out of it soon image

Tommy image