Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama orders CDC to study gun control,

spartan max2

So back when Obama was trying to make a push for gun control he ordered the CDC to do a study on how to prevent gun violence. Of course he was hoping it would back up his agenda.

The Results basically says gun control is useless and has no effect on stopping gun violence. Nice to know people still do honest studies.

Pro gun summary

http://thenewamerica...i-gun-narrative

The study goes on the contradict most of the gun control arguments. The study funded by the gun control president. lol

Here is the full study

http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=18319&page=1

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

Nice find Spartan. It further adds reinforcement to what I have said for many years about many different things...prohibition never-ever works...it has almost always had the opposite effect.

Prohibition of alcohol...miserable failure.

War on drugs...miserable failure that only feeds the prison for profit system.

If they go down the firearm prohibition road...the black market will explode and the leaders of these organizations will laugh all the way to the bank.

Hopefully, we are seeing something creeping back into the public eye...common sense.

• Like 3

Well that's because what they were proposing were halfass solutions to main underlying problems, specifically mental issues.

• Like 3

Other things in the study found worth pointing out

- Most deaths by guns are from accidents and suicides, and the accidents number is going down

- Guns most common use is for self defense

-Mass shootings have been on a decline.

- Most criminals get their weapons from the underground market.

- The areas in our country with the highest gun control laws seem to have the most gun violence

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 5

Hopefully this will get into the mainstream media and make the Anti-Gun crowd blink.

Why center for disease control?

Wouldn't tobacco alcohol firearms have made more sense?

Yeah that seemed weird to me at first too. But I think its because the CDC studies prevention and societies health issues. Like for example they have done studies on texting and driving before.

Why center for disease control?

Wouldn't tobacco alcohol firearms have made more sense?

ATF is an enforcement and regulatory organization... Not a research group... The CDC is one of the preimier research organizations around...

Ah, ok that makes more sense.

It doesn't really seem to be a bad thing then, if its just being researched.

depending on your standpoint i guess

Oh im very happy with this study skepticalB lol

It should be a smoking gun in support of the second amendment

When one of the top agencies has a study that comes out heavily pro gun but was ordered to be conducted by a gun control president then the facts should be enough.

if you want to ban guns or want more gun control after seeing this study this you are simply ignoring facts.

• Like 1

Its funny how even Fox news who is " supposedly pro gun" Is not even talking about this story.

I weirdly don't have much opinion on it.

Psychological exams n people buying guns i think would be a good idea, but if owning a gun makes a person feel safe, I don't know why it should be a problem to have one, or a few, or a tank.

Regardless I don't personally like guns, from a bad experience, but I don't begrudge someone else having them.