Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged x 3] The Sea Dragon of Andalusia

Ligia Cabus

Yep, an Oarfish

Boy do these babies get BIG :unsure2:

(Image courtesy of Wiki)

400px-Mekongnaga.jpg

Edited by keithisco

The thresher shark evolved to slap it's prey with it's tail, stunning a shoal of fish etc. The 'horns' are part of the tail arrangement. See below. Finders are notorious for moving bones around to make washed-up remains look other-worldly or monstrous. Still interesting though, so thanks for posting.

shark-pectora_wax.jpg

My first thought was tentacle of something. But now I have seen pictures Oar Fish sounds more plausible. However a few people mentioned skeleton or spine so maybe they are right. I guess a biologist can take samples and check the DNA.

Oh no, it's Puff the Magic Dragon, he is dead. What shall we do now? :cry:

cry_smiley.png;)

[media=]

[/media]

Seriously though, freaky catch there. Rotten animals and fish can look like monsters though, We seen it lots of times before. A DNA will show us soon enough what it is.

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/horned-sea-monster-its-definitely-shark-skeleton-6C10971972

6C8701420-130821-strange-sea-creature-549p.blocks_desktop_large.jpg

Supposedly it is the "horns" that confused people.

I don't know, it does not look like a shark to me. But, then I'm not a shark expert.

I like the part where they say, "No further testing could be done, as the creature was covered by sand". Damn!! Cover by sand? And not a single shovel available in Spain....

Opinions??

• Like 1

Humm... Appears so.

I'd not heard of it called a "dragon", so I assumed that thread was about something else...