Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hairy Humanoid On Night Cam During Ghost Hunt

NatureBoff

It's interesting in that it does show an obvious thermal image like the workers do. It looks as though it's a hairy humanoid which is slowly moving around to see what's going. No image of a "ghost" though.

I think the reason the camera doesn't pick it up is because it's a ghost. Though I can see why one might think it's a humanoid creature. Of the two, I'd personally say this should be seen as a ghost video. But i do think it could easily be one of the crew members in dark clothing and the camera can't pick them up. I could be wrong though.

Hairy humanoid? Where's the hair?

More to the point - it's Ghost Hunters. Do we really think that evidence of the paranormal is ever going to come from a TV show that's shot months in advance and sits in the can until airing?

More to the point - it's Ghost Hunters. Do we really think that evidence of the paranormal is ever going to come from a TV show that's shot months in advance and sits in the can until airing?

I agree

The idea is that a human would show a thermal image, but a hairy humanoid wouldn't, due to the covering of hair.

The idea is that a human would show a thermal image, but a hairy humanoid wouldn't, due to the covering of hair.

All mammals give of heat, small or big, does not matter how much hair

Looks like some guy walking. He probably had to pee and was looking for a safe place.

From that video, it does not appear that any movement analysis was even run on the ghostly video. In contrast to the video on the left of the "investigators", where you can see the very obvious white rectangles filling the screen whilst adjusted and placed to calibrate which areas the motion detecting software should monitor.

Edited by Mike G

But Bigfoot always shows up on thermal cameras, and it's really hairy.

Nope, even Bigfoot would glow white, IF we ever catch one on a thermal that is.

It isn't an IR thermal camera that they're using, but a starlight camera from what I can tell. This captures light that is reflected starlight and moonlight. Human faces are shiney, which is why they show up white. Some of their clothes are also light and relatively reflective, which again show up whitish. The hairy humanoid would therefore stay dark, since his face isn't clearly towards the camera.

post-94765-0-88276600-1376886073_thumb.j

Edited by NatureBoff

There's a couple of things about this that bother me. First, I can't see any hair or at least nothing that makes think it's a hairy person or creature. Second, in this day and age of video manipulation via downloadable software I'm just plain skeptical about it. And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Ghost Hunters get busted for doctoring some stuff?

I have no idea if it's a ghost, or some guy like me trying to find a good place to take a poo, or a Bigfoot.....looking for a good place to take a poo. What I di find interesting though, is that the guys on "Finding Bigfoot" did a show where they were looking for Bigfoots around an old cemetery and they tossed out one of their infamous factoids about, 'it being well documented that Bigfoots have been known to hang out around old cemeteries.' Now suddenly another show comes up with a really bad video around a cemetery. Coincidence? I think not.

There's a couple of things about this that bother me. First, I can't see any hair or at least nothing that makes think it's a hairy person or creature. Second, in this day and age of video manipulation via downloadable software I'm just plain skeptical about it. And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Ghost Hunters get busted for doctoring some stuff?

I have no idea if it's a ghost, or some guy like me trying to find a good place to take a poo, or a Bigfoot.....looking for a good place to take a poo. What I di find interesting though, is that the guys on "Finding Bigfoot" did a show where they were looking for Bigfoots around an old cemetery and they tossed out one of their infamous factoids about, 'it being well documented that Bigfoots have been known to hang out around old cemeteries.' Now suddenly another show comes up with a really bad video around a cemetery. Coincidence? I think not.

Bigfoot's ghost?

It isn't an IR thermal camera that they're using, but a starlight camera from what I can tell. This captures light that is reflected starlight and moonlight. Human faces are shiney, which is why they show up white. Some of their clothes are also light and relatively reflective, which again show up whitish. The hairy humanoid would therefore stay dark, since his face isn't clearly towards the camera.

I went by your "obvious thermal image" comment in the OP.

Bigfoot's ghost?

Hey! A great idea for a new reality TV series......where's my agent!?!?

I went by your "obvious thermal image" comment in the OP.

I urge people to always think for themselves.

.....And how's that working out there Sunshine?

:whistle:

• Like 1

Matt Moneymaker would disagree.

I live about 4 miles from the Peoria Asylum. Ive been to that cemetery several times to shoot (non-ghost related) photos, bc its a creepy ass place.

With that said there has been weird sightings in that place since the 70's when that place shut down. That would be a good spot to capture something OR to fake something bc there has always been reported activity there.

If anyone is ever in the area I encourage you to go by the Illinois Institute of the Incurably Insane... that the original name and its much scarier that Peoria or Illinois State Hospital! lol You cant enter any buildings but you are welcome to go into the cemetery as long as its not dark! Cool place!

Edited by PeoriaBJJ
  • Like 1

So you're saying that we shouldn't even believe your own posts?

Mission accomplished chief!

• Like 1

I'd urge people not to post misleading information, especially if they want there views taken seriously.

• Like 3

I think you just trolled yourself

• Like 1

Hairy humans don´t show thermal images???

Hairy humans don´t show thermal images???

Keep up. I've already said I made a mistake. I should have said hairy humans don't show up on starlight cams when under trees.